A Special Thanks, Past Due

21 Jan 2012 14:17 - 21 Jan 2012 15:57 #1 by Cedric Moss (mastermike)
A Special Thanks, Past Due was created by Cedric Moss (mastermike)
I was going to post this sooner, but I had trouble getting onto the new site. I would like to sincerely thank all of you who voted me "Best Male Costume." Honestly, that is the best nomination I could have received. It's even better for me personally than "Best Role Player" in fact. The reason for this is because of how much effort I dedicate to compiling a detailed costume, as well as how much I stress over getting that accomplished. Not only so it looks good, but also so it is exactly what that character WOULD dress and look like with no exceptions. The fact that so many of you noticed enough to nominate me for this category really means the world to me. "Looking the part" is one of the goals I most strive to accomplish when it comes to LARPing, and it's never a goal I ever fully reach. There is always more that can be done to make the costume that much more believable. Even if it's merely on the subconscious level. Often I stress about this even more so than my role playing abilities. Being told that my costume looks good is one of the best compliments I can receive at a LARP. The fact that I was in the nominees for best male costume is like receiving such a compliment one hundred fold. It really hit me emotionally. Honestly, I am so impressed by everyone else's garb, that I didn't even think mine would make it to the nominees. I truly think there are so many costumes at this game that blow mine out of the water. So ya, thank you all so much for the nomination. It means more than any of you will ever know. See you all at camp! :cheer:

"If I heal you every time this happens, how then will you ever learn to properly choose your battles? Come see me after the clotting begins. That way I'll know you had enough time to think on how to better handle yourself the next time you get angry."

Cedric Moss
Healer, Mage, and Vassal to Alisandria

OOG: Mike Lamkins
Last edit: 21 Jan 2012 15:57 by Cedric Moss (mastermike).
  • Shiver
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 129
21 Jan 2012 15:22 #2 by Shiver (Shiver)
Replied by Shiver (Shiver) on topic A Special Thanks, Past Due
You have a well thought out, quality look for your character. You deserved to be recognized.

Joe

Lucius Blackthorne
Lord of Alisandria

Guild Officer of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

Of the Ram and Raven

“History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

"The godly tongue distills honey, mankind's tether of amber and gold. This is my verdict.

For neither are kingdoms conquered by iron, Nor dies the mighty by the spear.

Men are felled by what they fail to believe in."

((Joe Bondi-Marketing Officer))
21 Jan 2012 15:37 #3 by Cedric Moss (mastermike)
Replied by Cedric Moss (mastermike) on topic A Special Thanks, Past Due
Thank you Joe. I appreciate that.

"If I heal you every time this happens, how then will you ever learn to properly choose your battles? Come see me after the clotting begins. That way I'll know you had enough time to think on how to better handle yourself the next time you get angry."

Cedric Moss

• Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
21 Jan 2012 15:39 #4 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic A Special Thanks, Past Due
You also pull off the long white hair wig far better than anyone I have ever seen. Especially considering this is a LARP and not Cosplay.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
21 Jan 2012 15:43 #5 by Cedric Moss (mastermike)
Thanks Gus. I was actually worried people might think I was trying to cosplay.

Cedric Moss

21 Jan 2012 15:45 #6 by Cedric Moss (mastermike)
Also, congrats on the award. You earned it well.

Cedric Moss

• Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
21 Jan 2012 16:00 #7 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic A Special Thanks, Past Due
Thank you very much, and thanks to all those who thought enough of me to vote for me. :) I was disappointed that I had car trouble on the way to the award ceremony and couldn't make it. But, just as you said, it was an amazing honor to even be nominated!

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
21 Jan 2012 16:05 #8 by Cedric Moss (mastermike)
Like I said, you earned it. The effort you obviously put into your garb really shows at game, and it's always nice forget it's not an actual fantasy character you're interacting with. So well done.

Cedric Moss

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.515 seconds