Happy Australia day

26 Jan 2012 03:33 - 26 Jan 2012 18:11 #1 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Happy Australia day was created by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
26 of Jan, and I am aving a holiday as are most aussie's. Cause today's our version of independance day

YOU KNOW YOU'RE AUSTRALIAN WHEN: You believe that stubbies can either be drunk or worn. You pronounce Melbourne as 'Mel-bin'. You believe that the letter 'l' in Australia is optional, and it's perfectly ok to call it 'Straya'. You think 'Wooloomooloo' is a perfectly reasonable name for a place. You're secretly proud of our killer wildlife. You believe it makes perfect sense for a country to have a............ $1 coin thats twice as big as a $2 coin. You understand that 'Wagga Wagga' can be abbreviated to 'Wagga' but 'Woy Woy' cannot be just 'Woy'. Beetroot with your hamburger...of course! You believe that the more you shorten someone's name, the more you like them. You understand that 'excuse me' can sound rude, but 'scuse me' is always polite. You know what its like to swallow a fly, on occasion via your nose. You know it's not summer until the steering wheel is too hot to handle and a seat belt buckle becomes a pretty good branding iron. You know how to abbreviate every word, all of which usually end in "o": arvo, convo, garbo, metho, milko, muso, servo, smoko, rego, speedo, righto, etc,....you know that there is a universal place called 'Woop Woop' located in the middle of nowhere, no matter where you actually are! If you can understand all of this and had a giggle, tell all your aussie and international friends. I love Australia! :-)
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
Last edit: 26 Jan 2012 18:11 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge).
  • Gwynedd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 17
26 Jan 2012 13:13 #2 by Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
Replied by Gwynedd (Gwynedd) on topic Happy Australia day
Happy Australia Day Martin and Kathryn!!

Gwynedd
OOG: Suzi Shaffer

What do you need of me?
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.433 seconds