Requesting makeup tips for a sick healer/mage.

26 May 2012 00:38 - 26 May 2012 00:39 #1 by Cedric Moss (mastermike)
Requesting makeup tips for a sick healer/mage. was created by Cedric Moss (mastermike)
So I want to take Cedric's makeup one step further. I want to darken his eye sockets, and possibly the pockets of his cheeks, but not to the extent of looking undead. It has to be a subtle effect. It needs to be so subtle, that it is not immediately recognized, but more something that plays on the subconscious. The cheeks are not required for this, but the eye sockets definitely are. Does anyone have any tips on how to accomplish this? I already use water activated powder to make my face pale, and translucent powder to make it look and feel like skin, as well as prevent any of it from rubbing off, or coming off when I sweat. I often finish it off with barrier spray, even though it is not needed. The darkening makeup needs to mesh well with what I already do, and look real.

"If I heal you every time this happens, how then will you ever learn to properly choose your battles? Come see me after the clotting begins. That way I'll know you had enough time to think on how to better handle yourself the next time you get angry."

Cedric Moss
Healer, Mage, and Vassal to Alisandria

OOG: Mike Lamkins
Last edit: 26 May 2012 00:39 by Cedric Moss (mastermike).
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
26 May 2012 01:39 #2 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Requesting makeup tips for a sick healer/mage.
I can't give you a specific video/tutorial I watched, though if you look around on youtube/google I know there are some tutorials.

What I would do (this would take some experimenting to get it the way you exactly want it) for the eyes would be to take a grey or brown eyeshadow and put some under your lower eyelashes. Then use a q-tip/something similar to blend it out.

It should make you look more tired/sick. You could probably use the same colors very lightly on the hollows of your cheeks to define them more so your face would look more slender/malnourished.

But I'd advise practicing it a little bit beforehand so you get it the way you want it to.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
29 May 2012 20:16 #3 by Cedric Moss (mastermike)
Replied by Cedric Moss (mastermike) on topic Requesting makeup tips for a sick healer/mage.
Thanks Christine! I will definitely do some experimenting with your suggestions before the June event.

"If I heal you every time this happens, how then will you ever learn to properly choose your battles? Come see me after the clotting begins. That way I'll know you had enough time to think on how to better handle yourself the next time you get angry."

Cedric Moss

• Lina Marinescu
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Only the curious have something to find
  • Thank Yous: 78
29 May 2012 22:00 #4 by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi)
Replied by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi) on topic Requesting makeup tips for a sick healer/mage.
I've done this before and rather than using grey or brown, try a navy blue eye shadow (matte). Think about when you're tired, your skin doesn't turn grey under your eyes, you get purplish bags and the navy blue will simulate it without looking fake or being obvious. And as Christine said, practice at home first to get your desired effect.

IG- Lina Marinescu
OOG- Katie M.- Lead Monster Marshal

The stalwart soul has the will to live and is eager for the race ~Taylor Caldwell

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
29 May 2012 22:10 #5 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Requesting makeup tips for a sick healer/mage.
They make matte navy blue?

(just kidding, I just don't have very much blue, let alone matte blue XD)

I figure this goes without saying but when practicing make sure you do it with the pale makeup on.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
01 Jun 2012 12:22 #6 by Paul Tomaszewski (Paul_T)
Replied by Paul Tomaszewski (Paul_T) on topic Requesting makeup tips for a sick healer/mage.
"Tired eyes" is pretty much the blood vessels under the eyes doing much the equivalent of bruising. A little yellow and purpling underneath there can also do wonders for making you look like you've been sick for some time.

Little is the word here, though. A little goes a long way.
03 Jun 2012 11:24 #7 by Cedric Moss (mastermike)
Replied by Cedric Moss (mastermike) on topic Requesting makeup tips for a sick healer/mage.
Wow guys, SOOOOO MANY TIPS!!! I will have to try them all out, and play with them a bit before the June event. Remember, Cedric isn't old as I discovered a lot of people think. He's unhealthy, and has been struggling against a deadly condition his entire life. I want to show that it's severely beginning to take it's toll on his physical state. These tips will come in extremely handy. I appreciate them, and welcome anymore you guys, or others may have before the June event.

Cedric Moss

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.506 seconds