So, When is someone going to build this?

15 Jun 2012 01:08 #1 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
So, When is someone going to build this? was created by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
www.cabelas.com/product/Camping/Outdoor-...380%253Bcat104755680

It's a Barrel... no it's a sauna! It's BOTH! exponentially cooler!... or hotter?

-OOG Michael Smith
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
15 Jun 2012 04:24 #2 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic So, When is someone going to build this?
We had plans for this:http://compare.ebay.com/like/390428167390?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar but we heard people threw a fit..... Also OBLIGATORY ADVERTISEMENT: 100 Gold PER Hour per person Oct: Through March.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
15 Jun 2012 07:34 #3 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic So, When is someone going to build this?
Alisandria will be the first to have it's own shower/bath/Jacuzzi/sauna if I have anything to say about it. ;)

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
15 Jun 2012 11:30 #4 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic So, When is someone going to build this?

Bladesworn wrote: Alisandria will be the first to have it's own shower/bath/Jacuzzi/sauna if I have anything to say about it. ;)

Am I going to have to use Lore:Scandinavia for the impending Inter-Baronial Sauna Race? Will we have an escalation of sauna technology? I am glad that we won't be able to call it a "cold war" by any stretch.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
15 Jun 2012 11:49 #5 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic So, When is someone going to build this?
Nah, cypher already has lore gnome, so he will always be able to escalate sauna technology. :P

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
15 Jun 2012 12:39 #6 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic So, When is someone going to build this?
I smell business opportunity...Ming Na's Bath House...I'm suprised Dan doesnt already have one of these opened.

Norm B

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
15 Jun 2012 13:09 #7 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic So, When is someone going to build this?
Mike's suggestion from Cabellas' does cost around 8x as much as Gus' completely OOG looking one. That said, I have built them in the past, and trust me on this, the water balance and maintenance is no easy feat, especially when one considers the other renters using/abusing it. There are, however, lockable covers and doors....

Recall that water must be available and it must be able to be emptied. Bubble jets and such will be a severe strain on the electrical system, but if one is spending that kind of money., a propane generator is nothing big.

Yeah, I'm a downer today.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
15 Jun 2012 13:24 #8 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic So, When is someone going to build this?

geezer wrote: Mike's suggestion from Cabellas' does cost around 8x as much as Gus' completely OOG looking one. That said, I have built them in the past, and trust me on this, the water balance and maintenance is no easy feat, especially when one considers the other renters using/abusing it. There are, however, lockable covers and doors....

Recall that water must be available and it must be able to be emptied. Bubble jets and such will be a severe strain on the electrical system, but if one is spending that kind of money., a propane generator is nothing big.

I agree. I'd say that a compromise between Mike's and Gus' idea would be good. The kind of sauna that is used in Scandinavian countries is basically just a way to heat rocks and hold in steam. Usually water is gotten via a bucket and poured directly on the rocks via what is basically a ladel. The big problems are finding the proper rocks(some explode when heated, it's usually best to order the rocks online), getting the rocks hot(usually done via a fire but it could be done via electricity), and bribing/threatening/begging someone to get the water onto the hot rocks.

That and you need someone there who knows how a sauna works to make it happen. That is why the lock on the door is a super good idea.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
15 Jun 2012 14:18 #9 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic So, When is someone going to build this?
Imagine for a moment that one of the other games at Camp Sac donated or built a structure... And then locked it so KR couldn't use it.

We'd be pissed. Us doing the same to another game is just as much a jerk thing to do.

Although James owns both KR and the camp, that does not give KR the right to be dicks to other groups and games. If anything, we should be leading by example.

If you find or feel someone not from KR has left the camp in a bad state, that needs to be brought up with James as the manager of the camp. If you are worried about your personal belongings, they should not be left on-site, or you should make arrangements for storage prior to leaving them there, that do not impact other people (such as a shed).

This may be a bit more than this discussion needed, but it's worth bringing up, because it affects more than just the KR community, and people who play KR also play at other games at the camp.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erdrick (Erdrick), Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena), Matthias (Matthias)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.530 seconds