A heartfelt topic

23 Jun 2012 00:02 #1 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
A heartfelt topic was created by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Some people here know that I am coming back to Knight Realms in August. Yes, Brunner will be back (I am flying to Glasgow on family) and there is a direct flight from Glasgow to Philadelphia.

However, because of a lot of concerns in my family, this may actually be the last time I come to Knight Realms. Primarily it is because simply of the cost of flying from Australia to NYC/Philly.

Sadly, this has also curtailed me being able to do that which I love. LARPing. Australia has never been good for LARPing and those people whom I know don't really want to involve themselves in such a way in terms of rp.

I might come back sometime in the future. I might be there in 4 years, or ten years. All I know is that Knight Realms will endure, and always be there.

I want to thank a lot of people, for their part in knight realms. I want to thank James and Geoff. Luis and of course Paul and Suzi for introducing me to Knight Realms. I would like a big thank you to the RM's, MM's, and officers. Finally, I would also shout out to all of you, for helping to create such an amazing rp and game.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen)
  • Dimetri Yhatzi
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Si khohaimo may pachivalo sar o chachimo
  • Thank Yous: 127
23 Jun 2012 04:47 #2 by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart)
Replied by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart) on topic A heartfelt topic
I am sorry to hear this but can understand the reasons behind your post. I have had a host of different problems that I have had to overcome (family being a big part as well) to be able to LARP. I really didn't interact with you much when you were in Travance but Paul did introduce us when you came to the game the first time. I hope the future brings you a way to come back the Knight Realms with a peace to know you can. See you in August.

Dimetri Yhatzi
Viceroy of Ostcliff
Druid of the Conclave.
Master Merchant and Locksmith, The Purple Thistle
Mashkar le gadjende leski shib si le Romeski zor

Damian VanHart - OOG
Marshal

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune--they're all just ways of claiming your success without claiming your failures."
03 Jul 2012 05:58 #3 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic A heartfelt topic
Thanks DMV, Actually most of the reasons behind me not being able to return as such are financial. It is 1/20th of the distance from the earth to the moon for a NJ return trip from Australia anyway, and it costs around 8/9 thousand dollars a trip.

I'd like to continue this topic. I don't think that a lot of people here realise how lucky you are. Australia is one of the biggest cultural backwaters in terms of this sort of stuff, so LARP is actually generally frowned upon in Australia.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.430 seconds