How to catch the ferry

• Burgeon
  • Thank Yous: 0
15 May 2008 18:40 #1 by Burgeon (Burgeon)
How to catch the ferry was created by Burgeon (Burgeon)
This guy loved living in Staten Island, but he wasn't crazy about the ferry. If he missed the ferry late at night, he would have to spend the next hour or so wandering the deserted streets of lower Manhattan.
So when he spotted the ferry no more than fifteen feet from the dock, he decided he wouldn't subject himself to an hour's wait.
He made a running leap and landed on his hands and knees, a little bruised maybe, but safe on the deck. He got up, brushed himself off, and announced proudly to a bystander, "Well, I made that one, didn't I?"
"Sure did," the bystander said. "But you should have waited a minute or two. The ferry is just about to dock."

::) :o 8) :o ::)

Lewis L.
(aka "Burgeon Cronket")
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
15 May 2008 22:26 #2 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic How to catch the ferry
Funny thing is, I see that all the time at my office.  My building is right next to the North Cove in Battery Park City.  So we have tons of ferries coming and going from NYC and NJ.  Late in the day, the ferries stop running and so if you miss one, you may get stuck for 2 hours.  I've seen people jump over the fences and hurdles to make the boat.  I've seen some folks miss and land in the water... only to get fished out and then fined by the police.  ;D

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Paige
  • Est July, 1202
  • Thank Yous: 1
21 May 2008 15:20 #3 by Paige (Paige)
Replied by Paige (Paige) on topic How to catch the ferry
I think jumping is a little extreme unless you got an emergency. But Ill laugh as other people do it though I havent seen anyone do it. Would you video tape that for me? ;D

Templar Paige N. Merlot Darkheart of the Kindred Oak

"Act not in hatred or in spite
Even if it means your life"

Heather ~OOG Human
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.443 seconds