Knight Realms is STILL the best

12 Dec 2012 07:39 #1 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Knight Realms is STILL the best was created by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
So, upon the advice of my family and friends, I joined up in a LARP in perth Australia. Because of Australian culture, we don't actually tend to LARP, if at all. There are small scale LARPs but those stop within a few weeks or months.

After an afternoon of trying to learn convoluted rules, and a month of finding out that their system is just horribly imbalanced (just easy to have a character with every skill), and I tried very hard to like the LARP.

Its no good, Knight Realms is just too awesome, just too realistic, but fantasy. Its balanced, epic and fun. Not something which is just down in a couple of blows of then you die unless someone has a healing balm.

I am going across to Melbourne early next year to participate in LARP called Swordcraft, based ironically on Games Workshop Fantasy. and I hope to come to either next year's november, december or january event.

I know some of you ingame have seen me at my worst and at my best. Bear in mind, that most times you see me, I will be up to 12 hours out of sync with my body clock. Typically I will have flown 8 hours (to philly or even Newark) beforehand.

So, I want to ask all of you. Are you guys willing to put your hands together for an honest Aussie trying to make his way in the world?

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
12 Dec 2012 10:31 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Knight Realms is STILL the best
"Discussing other LARPs:
It is Forum Policy not to discuss other LARPs in comparison to Knight Realms on the KR Forums. While simple statements such as "I've played LARP "X", is this similar?" or "I know Fred from my days at LARP "X" a few years back" are fine, we want to avoid comments like "Game "X" sucks, they're lame" or "Dood, we can so out play the guys from Game "X"." Comparisons to other games usually wind up in hurt feelings and flame wars, and Knight Realms has no desire to create any bad feelings between games."
www.knightrealms.com/forum/New-Players/2...-before-posting.html

Don't know if this is something that falls into this category. Just be careful.

Though glad to see you like KR this much. :)

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds