For our Archers

18 Dec 2012 16:02 - 18 Dec 2012 16:02 #1 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
For our Archers was created by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
While I can't confirm any of the history or viability in this video, anyone who uses a bow should learn these techs.

Good hunting!

Eli
RP Marshal
Last edit: 18 Dec 2012 16:02 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zathir (Clevatus)
  • Zathir
  • He's Zahir, I'm Zathir, our sister Ze'Everywhere, she gets around.
  • Thank Yous: 42
18 Dec 2012 16:20 #2 by Zathir (Clevatus)
Replied by Zathir (Clevatus) on topic For our Archers
well im not an archer but i still found that super interesting..

Zathir Ib'n Hatim Al Nawar

-Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG-Nathaniel Galloway)
  • KaT Adams
  • Thank Yous: 25
18 Dec 2012 16:26 #3 by KaT Adams (katadams)
Replied by KaT Adams (katadams) on topic For our Archers
I'm not sure. He's seriously underdrawing that bow which looks like it's under too much tension-that's fine for lobbing soft arrows at an enemy in rapid fire, much the same as the lever-action crossbow, but it's useless for real range, and fails any applicability for our 25lb bows. The real use of this skill is the same as the aforementioned lever-action crossbow from old China and the thrown blade-the goal isn't really damage, but to slow your opponent by making them take cover, dodge, or stop.

Holding the arrows isn't a bad skill to use, but is risky because they jab things and the nock tends to jab your hand. A lot. This also requires the use of a mongolian draw, rather than a western draw, which means greater hand strength. Not too great a concern with our LARP safe bows, but still a thought. I prefer to hold my arrows in a quiver and in my bow hand, nock up. I grab the nock, lay it to the string, draw and release all in one motion. It takes a lot of practice x3

He does have good form when he draws fully, and THAT should definitely be something to take away from this, as well as his obvious dedication to perfecting a form-regardless of what form you really want to use, being dedicated like this guy is how to get there! I once heard that it takes 60,000 hours of work to become a true expert.... which, er, is why I can bow hunt but I'm not a target shooter I suppose x3 But I suppose 20,000 hours is how you become really good. But for us? An afternoon being taught by a good instructor and regular practice should be enough ;)

KaT Adams

"His name meant 'Glad Voice,' and once again had meaning."
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.444 seconds