Knight Realms Chat Room

23 Aug 2013 20:51 - 23 Aug 2013 20:51 #1 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Knight Realms Chat Room was created by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Am I the only one who thinks we could benefit from one of these? A way to have In-Game real time chats or discussions while in the comfortable setting of any place with internet access or wi-fi.

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
Last edit: 23 Aug 2013 20:51 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost).
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
23 Aug 2013 21:25 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Re:Knight Realms Chat Room
I thought about it for a bit, but there's technical hurdles we'd need to overcome.

No combat, no skills, nothing. So what happens when someone says they're a Necro in chat? You can't do anything about it. Or if they insult a noble, praise Galmachis, etc. The rules of a chat room would need to be very carefully worked out, and most likely need a storyteller to run them, which means manpower and scheduling.

I've run chat rooms for other games, and they have been... Messy. Unless you have someone on Staff willing to spend nights running it, they cause a LOT more trouble than they are worth. This is from personal experience, trust me.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
23 Aug 2013 23:21 #3 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic Knight Realms Chat Room
Well for purposes of anything involving the breaking of Baronial Laws, a guardsman could look into the matter at the next feast, but I agree it would need manpower to run. I just thought it would have been a fun idea to see what people thought.

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.462 seconds