Happy Birthday Knight Realms

• McDermitt
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Youve not even begun to taste my might!
  • Thank Yous: 30
11 Apr 2014 01:09 #1 by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
Happy Birthday Knight Realms was created by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
16 years strong!!!!

I was 20 years old when I joined. Still lived at home., had no job. My parents gave me constant hell for playing. No cell phones, ipods or GPS's back then. Got lost as hell on my way to my first event. And my 2nd and 3rd and 4th. I even played till the game ended on Sunday at 3pm, at Hickory run then drove home 3 hours still full of energy, like a young man should.

Back then the rules were different. there were no Palidens, no higher lists. everyone was the same level. if you swung 4s you were dangerous . Feast was always the same meal, baked chicken. Chris Kane was in his late 40s. Sean Kimmel was only 6'3. Brian Hahn didn't play a drow. Charlie who? people resurrecting thru the focus inside out or totally insane. Korax and Ox the barbarians who legally worshiped Aggura. Cabin raiding at 3am. with Tommy and Grandal

Those were some of the best times of my life

Sir Slack McDermitt the Boar
Knight of Travance
Steward of Valdalis
Master of the Mages' Guild

oog-Matt Q
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Gwynedd (Gwynedd), Onca (Lorelai), Narcis (ChrisR), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
11 Apr 2014 06:13 #2 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Happy Birthday Knight Realms
Happy Birthday Knight Realms.

You are almost as old as I am, which is incredible. And is still going strong. It's pretty amazing when you think about it, no matter when you started or when you found out about Knight Realms.
And it's not just happy birthday to Knight Realms, it's happy birthday to the community, who since day 1 has been one of the friendliest groups of people I know. I don't know if Knight Realms would be the same without you guys, so thank you and happy birthday.
I may not have been here for a long time but I can say this with all my heart Happy Birthday Knight Realms. Thank you for the wonderful things you have brought me.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
11 Apr 2014 15:33 #3 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Happy Birthday Knight Realms
When I started, we still had embrace with death as a spell, Antrim still wore red, and Slack was a vampire.

Happy birthday KR!

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR)
11 Apr 2014 17:20 #4 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Re:Happy Birthday Knight Realms
I wasn't here long enough to be super nostalgic, but I look forward to celebrating KR's 16th birthday alongside my 21st ^^

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
11 Apr 2014 19:33 #5 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic Re:Happy Birthday Knight Realms
Night raids, Ruby mythril and Roma that were treated with deep suspicion/hostility (sometimes for perfectly reasonable causes)- brings back old memories.

Eli
RP Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.463 seconds