Questions about the camp sac tents and upcoming winter

• Wylla H.
  • Thank Yous: 48
10 Oct 2014 17:01 #1 by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
Questions about the camp sac tents and upcoming winter was created by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
So I was talking to some people about how winter will be brutal in the tents and was told the camp sac tents get shut down for winter. Does anyone know when they will be unusable by? Also, when they do, where do we camp during the winter then? Any answers much appreciated.

(OOG Tiffany Yoder)
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
12 Oct 2014 14:48 #2 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic Questions about the camp sac tents and upcoming winter
Hi, Tiffany! A Safety Marshal should get to answer your question soon. However, the KR website has some tips and helpful advice for cold weather larping. Check the "OOG Logistics" tab on the left side located under "Game Play"

Here are two links from that tab:

www.knightrealms.com/game-play/logistics...safety-outdoors.html
www.knightrealms.com/game-play/logistics...-your-character.html

(OOG) Teresa Amore
12 Oct 2014 14:52 #3 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Questions about the camp sac tents and upcoming winter
I don't expect that the tents will be closed. In fact, we have a group of allied players who are going to pool resources to "winterize" a tent at the Pendarvin statehouse area.

I suggest to procure inside accomodations as they are best suited to resist the elements. We do our best to see that players who come out to enjoy KR get a place to sleep.

See me at the camp and I have will help you out.

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
  • Wylla H.
  • Thank Yous: 48
12 Oct 2014 16:38 #4 by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives)
Replied by Wylla H. (Tifferzlives) on topic Questions about the camp sac tents and upcoming winter
Thanks guys! I have invested in some thermals and my buddies and i are bringing down comforters, sleeping bags and possibly an air mattress next event, so we should be good to go for that one. i will definitely track ya down next event. thanks again guys!

(OOG Tiffany Yoder)
12 Oct 2014 16:53 #5 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Questions about the camp sac tents and upcoming winter
If you use an air mattress, please make sure to put something warm under you or else all of your heat will go out the mattress and you will freeze. Learned that from experience.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
12 Oct 2014 19:08 #6 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Questions about the camp sac tents and upcoming winter
Now is right and do be very careful with heating u its. Turn them off when you sleep on before and you are in the tent. Coleman makes some small ones that throw heat well but are also are carbon monoxide safe. That's important so read carefully.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
13 Oct 2014 23:30 #7 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Questions about the camp sac tents and upcoming winter
You can always do the Blade thing:

1) Get a cot to get you off the ground
2) Get foam to put on the cot, it will help you retain heat
3) Get a mummy bag
4) Get a second sleeping bag to put the mummy bag in
5) Get blankets to put over your face in case it is exposed.
6) Wear underarmor
7) Sleep with your clothes for tomorrow in your bag
8) Make sure you pee BEFORE going to bed.
9) Once you wake up in the morning, contemplate staying in bed until spring.
10) When you do get up, immediately start moving around to generate some heat.

I have slept in 3 degree Fahrenheit weather under the barn using that method. I am nice and warm in my bags, but getting up in the morning sucks.

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Zathir (Clevatus), Gilthu (Gilthu)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
13 Oct 2014 23:39 - 13 Oct 2014 23:40 #8 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Questions about the camp sac tents and upcoming winter

Father Osred wrote: You can always do the Blade thing:

I thought the Blade thing was...

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
Last edit: 13 Oct 2014 23:40 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn). Reason: fixing video url
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.470 seconds