Emergency Contacts List

• Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
15 Apr 2015 22:00 - 15 Apr 2015 22:01 #1 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Emergency Contacts List was created by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
I know this is extremely last minute, and I hope I'm posting in the proper location- If not, please move it.

This is a little personal, but extremely important. Many who know me, or have spoken in recent events have heard the situation, but I will explain for any that haven't.
My boyfriend has been taking care of his terminally ill mother out in Colorado for the last three years. She had started with COPD, which progressed to lung cancer. She was given the 6 months to live call in September, and is living on borrowed time. In the past month, the cancer has spread, she was taken to the ER a little over a week ago, and told that she has less than a month to live. This morning, she was taken to the ER unable to breathe again, and admitted to Hospice care in the mid afternoon. Hospice claims that she will be able to go home soon, but my boyfriend's family is very certain that they can no longer take care of her at home. If she passes, it will be extremely sudden, and I will need to drop everything, pack up, and leave KR that moment to book my flight, take care of work, and make funeral arrangements. I speak so freely about this because we have had over three years to come to terms with the inevitable.

We are hoping with every ounce of our being that this doesn't happen over the weekend while I'm out, but if it does we need to be prepared, which is where you the lovely players of Travance come in.

My cell phone SUCKS. It is old, the battery is shot, it is bad. I will be charging it every night in Logistics or someones cabin (if it makes it though the day) and my boyfriend has the phone numbers of the gents that will be staying with me at night, so if the horrible happens, he has a contact. I would like to ask anyone who may have a cell phone on their person that they can keep on (I assume most safety marshals carry a cell on their person just in case, if no one else) and if they would mind messaging me their phone number, either here or on Facebook so I can give it to my boyfriend in case he cannot reach me and needs me ASAP. He can either text or call if you would prefer.
If it is sunny, I will be playing a green Dryad named Aimee. If it rains all weekend, I will be the Romani Amilia Tolunda (see pictures). I'll be trying to hang around populated places as much as possible, as well as people I know have my boyfriends contact. I have no problem sharing his number as well, it has a 970 Colorado area code.

I thank anyone who can help at this last minute. I was told by another player that Travance really is like a family, and the support that's been reached my way so far has already proven it. You all deserve all the hugs and cookies.

-Julie Anne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
Last edit: 15 Apr 2015 22:01 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi).
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint)
16 Apr 2015 06:40 #2 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Emergency Contacts List
See me on Friday before layon and we'll make sure you're all set up.

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angeliana (Angeliana)
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
16 Apr 2015 11:05 #3 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic Emergency Contacts List
Sorry for your difficult situation Julie. <hugs> Much love and support. I don't know if we've met at game yet but I'm the purple haired purple dressed healer Angeliana, Alice OOG and would be glad to help if I can.

I normally don't keep my cell phone on me during the weekend but if no one else can do this, I can totally throw on an extra pouch with it in there. I have a decent battery I'll bring it charged and it should be fine to last through the weekend. Although, might be easier if you have someone from the cabin you are staying at. I'll be staying at Winterdark. We can chat friday or you can PM me.

Sending positive thoughts and feelings you and your boyfriend's way.

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
16 Apr 2015 11:14 #4 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Emergency Contacts List
All of the safety staff have our phones so we can all help

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds