What KR and you all mean to me.

28 Apr 2015 11:44 #1 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
What KR and you all mean to me. was created by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
To my Knight Realms family,

I want to say this to you all and I don't think I could in person, today I lost a close friend and fellow veteran. Some of the Veterans that play at Knight Realms wanted to present a gift from us to James for all that he and this community has done for us as a whole.

We acquired a flag flown in Theatre, that we wished to give James in the Opening of the next event. I found out that the person that was to give me the flag committed suicide late last night. I am taking this with the support of other veterans, family, and many other players.

I didn't wish to steal the thunder so to speak of my fellow veteran players, however I felt that this needed to be said while it was still raw. This man was scared to come home, felt alone, and didn't know what to do next, it is a feeling that so many of us feel. I'm able to say that it is an eerily related sentiment.

This game, gave me a place to feel good again, a home, a family, and way to go on, with purpose and taught me so much more about myself. I can't help but to think, what would he have learned from you all?

I can't stress the thanks I give to James and you all for this game and all that it does for so many and myself. I say thank you as much as I can to you all for it.

I wish to see more veterans find the healing this community provides, as it stands to date 22 American Veterans commit suicide a day...thank YOU for not letting us become one of them.

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorn (Aradiel), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), JTinney (Swordsaint), Tom P (Father Ridigan), Narcis (ChrisR), Croínamara (Jen), Angeliana (Angeliana), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Not An Assassin (Salem), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer), Wylla H. (Tifferzlives), Angry (Angryman86), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Dorn
  • Thank Yous: 45
30 Apr 2015 16:48 #2 by Dorn (Aradiel)
Replied by Dorn (Aradiel) on topic What KR and you all mean to me.
Loss sucks...period, any vets ever.....I mean ever need to talk, I am here.

Dorn Marblecarver

-Killer of goblins and Trolls....the filthy gits-

(Jeff Mclean)
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
30 Apr 2015 17:01 #3 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic What KR and you all mean to me.
To give those who have never served an idea of how big the elephant in the room is:

If our Congress- both House and Senate- were to commit suicide at this rate, we wouldn't have a legislative branch in less than a month. 535/22=24.31 days. I know in the time I spent on active duty as a Marine, I saw 12 suicides in that time, as well as 2 Killed In Action, and two accidental deaths in the Al Anbar Province of Iraq. This is serious business, and I hope you all think on this.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
30 Apr 2015 18:11 #4 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic What KR and you all mean to me.
My thoughts are with you and your fellow veterans. To say that I thank you for your service is not enough. But, "thank you".

May your friend find peace now that he could not before. May you find peace in life and help others to find theirs once you are able.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Angeliana (Angeliana), Rowan Uidhir (Teresa), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
30 Apr 2015 21:59 #5 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic What KR and you all mean to me.

Dorn wrote: Loss sucks...period, any vets ever.....I mean ever need to talk, I am here.

As am I.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.533 seconds