Bounty Hunting.

22 Aug 2015 14:51 #1 by Jonathan Medina (JackThorn2)
Bounty Hunting. was created by Jonathan Medina (JackThorn2)
I'm not sure whether I should be posting this in new players. But IG I'm a bounty hunter and OOG I don't know how to how to look for active bounties.

I'm also not sure if bounties can be placed on PCs. Or are NPCs the only ones that have active bounties at certain events? I remember once when I was starting KR for the first time as a Ronin, (prior to Londwyn Jack Thorn), my friend and I saw bounties posted to trees around the proper.

That was only my second event at all, and afterwards I stopped coming for about a year. Then I came back as some may now know to be the other Jack Thorn, and I'm a bit in need of a little advice on how to RP bounty hunting.

Also I'm SO, SO sorry this took a while to read. I tend to over explain things.

IG: (Londwyn) Jack Thorn
OOG: Jonathan Medina

IG: (Londwyn) Jack Thorn
OOG: Jonathan Medina
22 Aug 2015 15:32 #2 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Bounty Hunting.
In general, there haven't been consistent 'Bounty's to be had. There may be some in-game bounties posted either as part of plot, as a player, or there may be an in-game organization that may put up bounties.

Being a Bounty Hunter is about your skill set, rather than specifically what you do in game. Someone needs to be tracked, you can do that. Need to set up a trap for them? Need to hog tie them quickly? Need to get some information out of somebody? These are all skills you learned training to be a Bounty Hunter. Much like an Assassin, there aren't going to always be targets for them to assassinate, but their skills are still useful in terms of the daily life.

That being said, there may be that Bounties could become seen more often, but I doubt that it would be restricted only to Bounty Hunters.

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Jonathan Medina (JackThorn2)
  • Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
23 Aug 2015 11:59 #3 by Kardin (Ben)
Replied by Kardin (Ben) on topic Bounty Hunting.
This seems like an interesting idea though. Guardsmen putting bounties on wanted criminals (NPCs) every now and again.

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
23 Aug 2015 13:53 #4 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Bounty Hunting.
There has been several posted bounties for various NPC which have gone un-collected, as I recall.

The announcements are out there on the Claw billboard but buried from either EARLY this year or late last year.

Go digging and they are findable. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.502 seconds