Locations of "extra" events.

25 Nov 2015 08:06 #1 by Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
Locations of "extra" events. was created by Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
As a fairly new player (although I've become friendly with MANY of you already!) there's one thing that miffed me during the Winterdark ball.

I could not find where the ball would ACTUALLY be located until someone (I think James) posted the address of Moresca on Facebook.

The calendar of events on the webpage doesn't really hold much info other than dates of events. When I was planning out the event with some friends, I thought it was going to be at the camp in Sparta, which is great because I live 20 minutes away (which I will continue to brag about every opportunity until I eventually move closer to my job).

I was extremely fortunate that I was able to get a hotel room for the ball.

OK, so let me get to my point.

The only mention of where the Winterdark ball was being held was on the Events --> Event information --> The Annual Winderdark (Moresca) Ball.

Now, maybe I'm just lazy, but I had NO IDEA what Moresca was, for all I know it could have been the Count (I learned the Count's name about three days ago). I had a friend ask me where the Awards Banquet was going to be held and I couldn't answer because I had no idea that the aforementioned page even existed. When I decided to start coming to KR, the only page I was interested in was the Directions to Events page and the from there, I, sadly, ASSUMED everything else would be there.

So, what I'm getting at.....would it be at all possible to just put the address of the "extra events" in the calendar? I know I'm not the first new player that doesn't know where to find this information.

Fenri Kantaris

OOG: Mike Daly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
25 Nov 2015 15:59 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Locations of "extra" events.
The Moresca Ball is the only event held outside of Camp Sac. The Awards Banquet takes place in the Dragon's Claw.

This is a good idea, though.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Mantel (sigma-j)
26 Nov 2015 09:16 - 26 Nov 2015 09:22 #3 by Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
Replied by Fenri Kantaris (Miked) on topic Locations of "extra" events.

Nalick wrote: The Moresca Ball is the only event held outside of Camp Sac. The Awards Banquet takes place in the Dragon's Claw.

This is a good idea, though.

Yeah, I am no web developer (back in the early 2000's I was pretty freaking awesome making websites...all in HTML.....ALL IN notepad!!!) but not anymore. I use the calendar of events on the KR website at least once a month to use the nifty button to add it to my google calendar, it only adds the name, date and times (I know where the camp is though) - so when I added the ball, there was nothing in there that had an address or anything so I assumed it was in Sparta. Had a couple friends that couldn't make it though because Moresca was damn near 2 hours by car...maybe a little bit longer because of traffic....and scheduling was not working.

Edit: I went back and read this, completely forgot what point I was trying to make...if any.

Fenri Kantaris

OOG: Mike Daly
Last edit: 26 Nov 2015 09:22 by Fenri Kantaris (Miked).
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
26 Nov 2015 12:04 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Locations of "extra" events.
There is an entire page dedicated to the Moresca Ball:

www.knightrealms.com/events/event-inform...rk-moresca-ball.html

Usually, James links this in his announcement about the ball, it's possible he missed it this year. (JP's also new at his job - give him some slack, and I am sure he'll remember for next year. :) )

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.550 seconds