FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th!

• JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
18 Apr 2016 19:08 #1 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th! was created by JTinney (Swordsaint)
The Next Fighter Practice/Pot Luck is scheduled for 18 June, 2016

Full address is 1735 Running Deer Drive, Auburn PA 17922

As the address is in a Gated Community (Lake Wynonah), we will be needing names of drivers coming so we can leave them at the gate. As it is a gated community, it means security not just police so we do need to know who is coming.

If you decide last minute, y'all are going to need to call and one of us will come get you. :)

Due to issues from a previous event, if children under 10 are brought to the event, a PARENT MUST PAY ATTENTION TO CHILD or be relatively aware of child location. Children over ten who are cognizant of the weapons and how to treat them proper are fine.

We also expect the adults to behave too. Just sayin'...

notes on foods and the like:

This is a Pot Luck Cookout... We would like all attendees to contribute something, be it drink, salads, side dishes or primary ones (meats like hotdogs, brats, burgers, chicken, et al). Grill being used is Charcoal but we will try to have the fire ring ready for use too.

Pork products are alright but please let folks know it is- there is at least one person with that for an allergy coming (and yes- she's hateful of it. She misses bacon...) and for all I know, there are others who have the same problem. So please ID the food item if it has pork in it.

ANY dish being brought that requires an oven, please advise us. As our kitchen does not have much in the way of space, major cooking endeavors inside are difficult with the expected traffic on the day of. If you are coming early (aka, day before), this is not as much a problem.

If you have a cooler to bring that can help hold the beverages, please bring. :)

Reminder- we do recycle and adult beverages are allowed. I am asking folks wait until the fighting portion is done for the day or if you are done fighting. If you plan on drinking, plan on staying for a while- more on this below.

Under 21 will be identified.... Sorry guys but the laws in PA are fairly clear on who gets in trouble for it.

On the Fighting Practice and the Rules Training:

Please bring your weapons! You do not need to bring armor; this is all sparring and learning how to handle weapons you have and gain confidence in them... and learning how to use stuff you want to use some day for a future PC.

(ie: just because you can use a 1 hander does not mean you can you do a 2 hander. Or a polearm...)

All training will be done with weapon safety in mind and the KR style of fighting will be taught to new players who need the training and for vets, it’s a good time to brush up on skills.

Rules updates will be gone over- there WILL be various marshals in attendance so questions can be answered in the best and most accurate possible fashion.

Learning the changes and understanding how stuff works, is part of the reason for all this and having a relaxed setting to do it in is just a plus.

IF YOU ARE A NEW PLAYER, please come! This household is full of excellent fighters of the majority of the disciplines used in game and if we do not know it, there will be someone who does here. As stated above, there will be many marshals (Rules, New Player, etc) attending so it’s a good time to get them questions in for the same reasons as above.

We are NEW PLAYER FRIENDLY as well as veteran friendly. :)

On overnighting:

This house has space for tents and we have a large amount of indoor space. As proven last event, we can sleep A LOT of people here….
However, we really would prefer folks have tents so if they wish to turn in for night, noise and people will not interfere much. We also insist if you come from a great distance, you stay overnight as we have lost friends to tired driving.

Much prefer you “crash” out here rather than crashing on the road.

Food Stores:
There are a few placed nearby enough to pick up items on the way here. The nearest three places are Giant Supermarket in the Cressonia Mall (at top of Rt 183- about 9 miles/20 minutes away), Walmart (14 miles/ 25 minutes) over by the Cabela’s and the Redner’s Market in Hamburg (28 minutes/ 16 miles) & Schulykill Haven (15 minutes/6 miles out back gate)

There is a Martins Farm Market right out the gate and north a little ways on 183. The market is open 7am to 5pm and has some tasty stuff (especially if you like odd jams and sauces). There is also a Dollar General a half mile-ish north of Martin’s.

Portions for 6 to 10 people is a solid standard to go by; if you wish to bring more as some did last event, we are fine with that. It will get eaten…

Beverage places:
For non-adult beverages, there is the Dollar General and the food stores mentioned above. For the Adult type stuff, there is the Beer Shak near Martin’s (excellent variety of beers to include alcoholic rootbeer) and Fieldwood Winery, a whole 10 minutes/3.7 miles away. Their prices are awesomely reasonable…

Rules stand.... if you are drinking, you are staying. :)

Smokers:
I know quite a few of us smoke (hell, I do!)…. And there is a few among us who do not. We will have butt-cans put in specific areas for those who smoke and out of respect for those who have trouble with smoke, we ask that y’all check with the group before you light up.

That said… there is absolutely NO Smoking in the house, period.

IC conversations:
IC conversations between players is fine. While FB is useful for such, in person stuff is better. Obviously no cards are available but if nothing else, we are a place to conduct that business deal… There will be places for private conversations to happen if needed- plenty of property and no one says you cannot go for a walk. Dogs always need walking…

Tent Space and Parking:
We have space available for tents and the neighbor across from us has offered some space as well.
The neighbor has also offered space for parking…. And if we run out of that space, there is space down the road to use.

We absolutely need to know who is coming no later than Thursday Evening for hassle-free entry into Lake Wynonah as the list goes to Security on the Thursday before. Otherwise, you need to contact us via text message or phone for entry or security will need to call us so we can come get you.

PM me via Facebook or here for my number.

Reminders will be posted in the weeks to come. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
18 Apr 2016 19:29 #2 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th!
Sorry,

my sister's wedding is that day, so we cannot attend.

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
18 Apr 2016 20:17 #3 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th!
YAY I can make it! I'll be there!

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
18 Apr 2016 20:28 #4 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th!

Kleidin wrote: Sorry,

my sister's wedding is that day, so we cannot attend.

Understood! Family first. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
18 Apr 2016 22:27 #5 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th!
Unfortunately, that will be one of the weekends I'm performing in a local production of Fiddler on the Roof, and thus I will be unable to attend. But I INSIST with myself to be able to make the next one!

Thank you guys for hosting these. My short lesson with Leslie before Main Mod was awesome. I can't imagine what a whole Saturday would do, both for my combat, and for making friends!

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
18 Apr 2016 23:03 #6 by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher)
Replied by Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher) on topic FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th!
Would say I am a maybe....

But currently have no idea what I am doing after may 15th as moving and job hunting begins

ig: Erik Silverfang
Captain of the Royal Guard

alt: Yoska Yahtzi
OOG: Alex Schleicher
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
18 Apr 2016 23:39 #7 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th!
I'll see if I can attend....

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
19 Apr 2016 19:12 #8 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th!
a huge factor is if we celebrate my grandfather's birthday this weekend (Since planning around WitL)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
20 Apr 2016 11:19 #9 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th!
Odds are I should be able to make it. I will just need help getting there.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
23 Apr 2016 23:38 #10 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th!
Paul and I will both be heading to the dinner, foodstuffs TBC.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
24 Apr 2016 07:59 #11 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th!

Brunner Rubicon wrote: Paul and I will both be heading to the dinner, foodstuffs TBC.

You would be the Furthest Traveled officially. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
24 Apr 2016 08:19 #12 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
:D always willing to be a recordbreaker!

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
04 May 2016 10:23 #13 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
A little over a month to go!!

NEW PLAYERS- this is a good opportunity to learn more about how your character's skills work and to work on your fighting form in a relaxed setting.

VETERAN PLAYERS- this is a good opportunity to brush up on both how the skills have changed, your own skills in fighting and perhaps learning something new you have been debating on...

Win for everyone. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
04 May 2016 15:29 #14 by Kardin (Ben)
Replied by Kardin (Ben) on topic FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th!
This is after school is done for the year. It might actually happen this time! I might be able to go!

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
15 May 2016 11:59 #15 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Five Weeks to the Picnic/Fighter Practice!

As a reminder, please RSVP on your attending via here or on Facebook with what you are bringing so we know what may be needed.

The closer to the event, I will post what food stuffs/beverages have been committed to.

As stated before, this is a New and Old Player friendly event. No garb is needed- just yourselves, your weapons and what you are bringing to the picnic food/drink wise.

If you wish to bring armor, that's fine; sometimes different weapon styles don't mix well with some armors or you are worried that new armor ya just got will affect how well you fight. This is a good place to figure that out!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Liz
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
17 May 2016 02:23 #16 by Liz (Liz)
Replied by Liz (Liz) on topic FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th!
I *should* be able to make this!

Allyce
Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

Mae Fang Zhang
Healer of Khitan
"Go with honor and your ancestors shall guide you."

Allyce
Lt. of the Baronial Guard
"Well... who likes a dull life? There's work to do."

OOG: Liz Reese

Marshal
Land Staff
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
27 May 2016 18:49 #17 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Three Weeks to go.

If you are planning on attending, please start letting us know you are to do so.

I look forward to having folks here!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
06 Jun 2016 15:54 #18 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Just under Two Weeks to go...

There was some questions as to specific needs. The following are pretty much the known needs from the last two events:

Beverages are a good call if unsure what to bring- Diet, Non-Diet and Adult (tm).

Breakfast stuff (Eggs, breakfast meats, etc) is a good call if you want to help with the Sunday Breakfast for those who are staying over.

Paper Towel donations accepted (we burned through an entire 8 pack last go).

Please Read Post #1 again on all the major points and please let us know you are coming either via PM here or on Facebook!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
11 Jun 2016 12:37 - 11 Jun 2016 12:38 #19 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
One Week!!

One week to go....

We will have our tents up and ready for folks who may wish to stay over- please brnig sleeping bags. :). Overall, we easily have space for up to a dozen dome-style tents so bringing your own tent not an issue.

Foodwise, if folks planning on attending send us some notes on what they plan on bringing, that would be great as we get asked what is needed often.

Parking is no issue.

Let us know if you are coming so I can let the gate know- via phone, message here or contact one of us via Facebook.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 11 Jun 2016 12:38 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
15 Jun 2016 20:52 #20 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic FIghter Practice Pot Luck is June 18th!
The way work is shaping up I may just be able to make it. I have a cot but can only go if Kepler can go with me. I wouldn't want to impose him on y'all if he is not welcome.

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
15 Jun 2016 21:34 #21 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Sent you a message with particulars. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
17 Jun 2016 09:59 #22 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Tomorrow is The Day.

For those coming early (aka tonight), Gate Permissions have been set up. If there is an issue, have the Security folks call me or Forest.

As always, all help appreciated and I look forward to this. Much food, teaching and RP to be had!!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amizar (Amizar), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.700 seconds