Scar Make Up Question For This Weekend

20 Jul 2016 21:12 #1 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
Scar Make Up Question For This Weekend was created by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
I'm attending my first event this weekend, and I'm looking for a way to make-up a waterproof/sunscreen-proof/sweat-proof scar on my ribs in the event that I decide to go for a swim in the lake. Does anyone have an easy to pull off suggestions that I can test tomorrow or Friday morning before I head out?

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
Master Witch Hunter
Robin of the Winged Victory
Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Velius
  • Never walk into a fair fight when walking into an unfair fight is an option.
  • Thank Yous: 76
20 Jul 2016 22:29 #2 by Velius (Velius)
Replied by Velius (Velius) on topic Scar Make Up Question For This Weekend
It depends on the type of scar, really. My go-to is Rigid Collodion for deep, old slashes and cuts. Produces this effect:

It can be used for burn-type scars as well but I wouldn't know where to begin with that. There's also good old-fashioned liquid latex if you're looking for a raised scar from a surface wound that fully closed or a wider, Sagat-esque scar that came from a battle with some massive creature. However the latter may not stand up to water and would likely be better suited for a latex appliance that wouldn't require as much intensive makeup work.

Should also be noted that there's an entry regarding character scars in the rulebook. If you haven't already, be sure to check up on it.

"I don't always NPC. But when I do, it's for years at a time."
20 Jul 2016 22:33 #3 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
Replied by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon) on topic Scar Make Up Question For This Weekend
Thank you! I'm trying to do a bite scar, so that should work if I can track it down. I'm not sure if anywhere near me sells it.

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
Master Witch Hunter
Robin of the Winged Victory
Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds