Out of State LARPs??/

• Jeo Martz
  • Thank Yous: 5
05 Jun 2017 15:04 #1 by Jeo Martz (MaliceTrinn)
Out of State LARPs??/ was created by Jeo Martz (MaliceTrinn)
Hello everyone!
Im sad but kind of happy to announce that i will never be able to make it back to KR! :( Which isvery upsetting becauase ive been trying for the past two years to start going again! And was finally about to attend the WiTL event.... But after alot of deciding. My fiance and I have decided to move to florida. Specifically the tampa area. And we're certain we wont be able to fly or drive all the way up here regularly.(Hopefully once in a while!)
Ive been tryng to find LARPs like KR in the florida area. Even the states Surrounding! But to no avail... Nothing anything close to what yous are like! So im crossing my fingers, hoping we're just having bad luck google searching lol. Would anyone know of, or heard of any good LARPs around there? There has to be someone who once lived down south, or knows people who do? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
I hope yous all the best of luck! And hopefully ill be back one day!

Malice Trinn( Jeo Martz)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
05 Jun 2017 16:38 #2 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Out of State LARPs??/
From what I gather, the fantasy LARP scene down there is a bit lacking, but that chapter of Dystopia Rising supposedly is a lot better than the rest as far as being a good community goes. Sorry I couldn't tell you more, but I'm showing this to my roommates who have larped down there over an extended period in the past, so they might have more. ^_^

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
06 Jun 2017 03:29 #3 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic Out of State LARPs??/
As an Australian, who has caught the LARPing bug, and who's close proximity larps are....well rubbish (PVP mainly with only a few IG tag skills), I'd say, use DR as a stopgap LARP, and when you can afford to get to KR, do so. We'll be waiting, and we are fam.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.525 seconds