NEED A RIDE OUT OF NYC FOR DECEMBER EVENT!

14 Nov 2012 21:38 #1 by Mairin Tarrant (Charbi)
NEED A RIDE OUT OF NYC FOR DECEMBER EVENT! was created by Mairin Tarrant (Charbi)
Hello!

I have a group coming out from NYC that has been desperately trying to get to the events for a while now but can't seem to make ends meet one way or another so here goes nothing!

We're fresh meat--I mean new players >.> (five in total) and we'd love to hitch a ride out of NYC for the December Event!

We understand the limited number of seats in cars and whatnot but we'd totally appreciate if we could somehow fit: perhaps a two to three ratio? Heh.

We are absolutely willing to pay for gas/tolls/sing songs (no really, we can Barbershop quartet you til the ends of the Earth)

Most of us hail from the Upper West Side but we're flexible to meet you wherever in the five burroughs.

We can't wait to meet you all!!!

Haya and the loons.

OoG: Haya N.
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
14 Nov 2012 21:51 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic NEED A RIDE OUT OF NYC FOR DECEMBER EVENT!
That's going to be rough - 5 people + gear is a LOT.

Have you checked into ZipCar, or some other form or rental? That may be easier in the end, for a large group.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
14 Nov 2012 21:59 - 14 Nov 2012 22:03 #3 by Mairin Tarrant (Charbi)
Replied by Mairin Tarrant (Charbi) on topic NEED A RIDE OUT OF NYC FOR DECEMBER EVENT!
Thanks for the swift reply! We're currently working on that --- I was just casting the net.

We weren't expecting to all fit into one car---we really thought to perhaps have us split up into smaller groups of 2 and 3 or so... :unsure:

Last edit: 14 Nov 2012 22:03 by Mairin Tarrant (Charbi).
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
14 Nov 2012 22:02 #4 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic NEED A RIDE OUT OF NYC FOR DECEMBER EVENT!
You could also take a train to a station near the camp........it would be easier for people to pick you up, because they could drop their gear at the camp.......and then grab all you guys......just a suggestion.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mairin Tarrant (Charbi)
14 Nov 2012 22:05 #5 by Mairin Tarrant (Charbi)
Replied by Mairin Tarrant (Charbi) on topic NEED A RIDE OUT OF NYC FOR DECEMBER EVENT!
I'll definitely relay that to the rest of the group!

Any idea what the nearest station is?

• Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
14 Nov 2012 22:13 - 14 Nov 2012 22:15 #6 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic NEED A RIDE OUT OF NYC FOR DECEMBER EVENT!
I believe the Dover station is the closest/easiest.

Morristown line or the Montclair-Booton line. Both go through the Dover station, and both start at New York Penn Station.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 14 Nov 2012 22:15 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
14 Nov 2012 22:48 #7 by Mairin Tarrant (Charbi)
Alright, either way we'll be there in December and post back should the Zipcar thing fall through to see if anyone could pick us up from Dover.

Thanks so much for your help, everytone!

• KaT Adams
  • Thank Yous: 25
15 Nov 2012 02:12 #8 by KaT Adams (katadams)
Replied by KaT Adams (katadams) on topic NEED A RIDE OUT OF NYC FOR DECEMBER EVENT!
Hey! I'm also a New Yorker, looking to come out for the same event! Wanna head out together, get to know one another? If we car pool, I can chip in natch, if we train ride... uhm, let's try to be on time? (I got nothin)

Luckily, since I'm going to NPC Weekend and I'm an old-school camper, I'm gonna be riding light.

KaT Adams

"His name meant 'Glad Voice,' and once again had meaning."
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
15 Nov 2012 09:01 #9 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic NEED A RIDE OUT OF NYC FOR DECEMBER EVENT!
Step by step instructions and directions to get to site via train from NYC has been written and posted in the direction section of the website. I am also from NYC. My schedule for December is unknown at the moment. If I am able to offer space , I will let people know when i can.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
15 Nov 2012 14:23 #10 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic NEED A RIDE OUT OF NYC FOR DECEMBER EVENT!
First off I want to say yay for new people.
Second I myself rent a car and commute out of Queens (Long Island City) I should have room for 1 more perhaps more. However There is a large group that I car pool with. I leave early on Fridays (9/10 am) and head to Purchase to pick up other people. If anyone is still in need of rides my option is always open, just have to deal with my music in the car and some stops, but overall its a fun trip. Please send me a private message with how many people still need rides and I will work it out the best I can.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
15 Nov 2012 19:11 #11 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic NEED A RIDE OUT OF NYC FOR DECEMBER EVENT!
Idk what your car rental place is like, but maybe if you're adding in extra people, you can rent a van and you can all split it?

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
16 Nov 2012 13:31 #12 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic NEED A RIDE OUT OF NYC FOR DECEMBER EVENT!
If you end up deciding on the train, make sure the trains are running when you want to leave. NJ Transit is running on a "modified" schedule that has a "suggested time" rather then an actual time depending on when you are going.

Also there are buses that go from Port Authority to Sparta. I know they leave from gate 405ish and go to somewhere in Sparta. I have not done this but I have debated sending KR people on "Quest to find the Gypsy in Sparta" once or twice.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
18 Nov 2012 11:48 #13 by Mairin Tarrant (Charbi)
Thank you so much for your input, everyone!

As of right now, we're waiting for the actual Zipcard to arrive so fingers crossed! Should anything go awry or whatnot, you'll certainly be hearing back from me if anyone would like to come and rescue a bunch of us from the train tracks :P

Can't wait to meet you all!
Haya

• Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
23 Nov 2012 21:11 #14 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic NEED A RIDE OUT OF NYC FOR DECEMBER EVENT!
I will be leaving NYC on Friday, Nov. 30th after 8 pm or later (estimated). If there are people who are looking to leave that late, PM me & we can discuss details.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.632 seconds