Level Cap Portals

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
15 May 2009 22:26 - 15 May 2009 22:31 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Level Cap Portals was created by Gallion (Gallion)
I feel pretty good about how we separated low and high level plots/mods this weekend, but I wanted to briefly talk about the level cap portals. I wanted to address this subject since it was brought up in several of the low-level character recaps.

If you are one of the people that were confused or frustrated about not being able to get through the high-level portal, we apologize. We had thought that we had orchestrated it that way for your benefit, as an example if any of you went into the last one, you would have been stuck on a high level main-mod and missed your low level one.  It was not our intention to make you feel as though you were being excluded.

On the contrary, we knew we were going to have an event filled with many new players, and tried to plan accordingly…thus 2 plots to entertain you all with.

The story was written to give the new-comers to Travance and lower-levels something important to do, so that they wouldn’t feel as though the higher level players were the ones “saving the day”. At the same time, the high level players got to deal with an annoying and powerful foe that has been plaguing them for some time.

A great many people expressed that they were happy with the fact that we had a major plot/main mod separate for lower level characters. I will be talking with the story tellers to try to see if we can try to encourage something like this to be done, far more often.

Please keep filling out those recaps and keeping us informed as to what you like and don’t like. Without your input, we’d have a difficult time planning.

In the end, it looks as though most were extremely happy with the event. I know I was. Thank you from all of the staff for the high level of RP we saw from you this event!

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 15 May 2009 22:31 by .
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds