Higher List Accessibility

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
18 Jul 2012 17:47 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Higher List Accessibility was created by Gallion (Gallion)
Higher List Accessibility

I would like to take a moment to clarify a slight misunderstanding that I have heard whispered on occasion as of late. With the major initiative to change and make the higher lists more accessible, I think some have taken that to mean that we are cheapening the meaning of higher lists and giving them away to anyone who wants them, whether they earn them or not. This is not the case. We are instead shifting the responsibility of approving people for higher lists away from a small panel of staff members, to instead a much larger jury of your peers in the game world. You will still have to meet the criteria for the list and then convince a PC teacher to teach you these advanced lists.

In some ways that will translate to “easier”, but only because I feel the process up until now has been almost appallingly difficult. Just because we are moving away from seemingly impossible, and moving towards possible, does not mean we are cheapening the system; it means we are making the system more reasonable and allowing more people to engage in it. At the end of the day the people who earned their higher lists in the old system will have had it worse, for sure; and rather than say that all should work the seemingly impossible system, instead ill say to those who did it, I’m sorry you had to work so hard, but you can be proud of your accomplishment. We are moving forward to a system that is still challenging, but allot less likely to allow you to fall into the pitfalls of being forgotten about, not being popular enough, or just wanting to pull your hair out in frustration.

At the end of the day this is a huge improvement for the game, that enhances, not weakens the role-play of your characters. I hope that most if not all of you come to realize that in the months ahead. Thanks! ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magnus (hippy g0th), Jack (Keeperofdice), Misaki (cbodnar), Ming Na (Ming Na), Gabriel Llopiz (Xenas), Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart), Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
Time to create page: 0.494 seconds