Incident at the October Event.

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
31 Oct 2017 16:36 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Incident at the October Event. was created by Gallion (Gallion)
There was an incident that occurred this past Sunday (October 22nd, 2017) morning in front of the guards barracks. What began as an intense role-play scene quickly escalated into an extreme out of game verbal altercation between two players. After a thorough investigation was held, it has been determined that although neither side actually intended the other harm, and both sides could have handled the situation better, a threat was made OOG in the heat of the moment. After the event, word of the incident trickled onto social media, where it was presented without full detail, and created an unnecessarily volatile situation among members of the Knight Realms community. As far as how it will be resolved, both sides will be contacted about the ramifications of the incident.

Physical violence and genuine threats of physical violence are not tolerated within the Knight Realms community, or at events. The Director will investigate any such incidents, and anyone found to be in violation of this will face disciplinary action that is proportionate to the violation. These repercussions will go up to and include suspension and/or expulsion from KR events. The safety of our players has been and continues to be our #1 priority.

I would also like to say that just because you have not heard an update on an issue does not mean that it is not being handled or that it has not already been resolved. I do not publicize the outcome of issues and altercations unless I feel it is uniquely warranted.

We are always interested in the well being of our players, which includes their own personal health as well as how they interact with and treat one another.

In lieu of posting on social media about your issues, I strongly encourage you to contact either myself, staff, or players who have been continuing to help me in an unofficial capacity; whomever you feel the most comfortable with speaking to. Knight Realms has a 100% Open Door Policy at all times, and I will continue to personally set aside time for anyone who needs to speak with me.

I would encourage everyone to click on the following link and read through the following Knight Realms Community statements. If all of us could focus more on living by these statements we would do ourselves and all of our fellow members a great service.

www.knightrealms.com/forum/Straight-Talk...nity-statements.html

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds