New Kitchen Rules

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
20 Oct 2010 17:57 #1 by geezer (geezer)
New Kitchen Rules was created by geezer (geezer)
In order to reduce congestion in the kitchen, the following  will go into effect at the next Baronial Feast:

1 - No one without legitimate business in the kitchen may go into it.

2 - There will be a sign posted on the back door stating  this.

3 - Those desiring to use the kitchen facilities to prepare their own food or food for sale at Market Faire must make prior arrangements with the Kitchen Staff, the names of which will be enumerated at the end of this post.  

4 - All using the kitchen for 3 above must demonstrate to a member of the Staff that they have policed their preparation area to Inn standards.  Should it not be, or the person leaves the Staff will see to the cleaning and charge between 1-5 gold.  Until such time as payment is received, kitchen privileges will be suspended.  Alternatively, one can contract and pay in advance to have one's area cleaned.  This is highly advisable.

5 - Ice box space is limited.  First call is Feast.  Second is the Inn's Saturday breakfast and coffee supplies, which is limited to one shelf.  Third is for those selling at Market Faire.  After that, it is first come.  Space may not be reserved by others for you.  

6 - People are STRONGLY urged to bring  their own storage (coolers) which can be kept on the porch with access via the door in the ice box room.

7 - People storing  food in the ice boxes must mark their items.  Bring your own marker, as the two markers and tape provided disappeared early last Feast.  We will provide two again, but when they are gone, they are gone.

8 - People desiring access to their food in the kitchen must do so with the knowledge of one of the bartenders or Staff.

9 - We have two carafes.  Those doing paperwork are urged to contact  the kitchen and in ten minutes a carafe of hot water and coffee, along with canisters full of sugar, cream, etc, will be delivered or can be picked up by someone.  There is no cost for this service.

10 - Ditto for Breakfast.  Payment will be worked out.

11 - Those in charge of Feast are Kings of the Kitchen and always have access.  As a courtesy we ask that they provide Fr. Haroldson or Quan Liu with a rough idea of their space and time requirements.

KITCHEN STAFF - in addition to Zander, Fr. Haroldson, and Quan Lie, Fr. Paul and Kleidin have supervisory authority and may approve anything listed above.

OOG  OOG  OOG  OOG  OOG  OOG  OOG  OOG  OOG  OOG  OOG  OOG  OOG  OOG

References to Kitchen Staff have no bearing on the OOG Kitchen Deputy, Marshals, or Help.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Michael P
  • Thank Yous: 0
20 Oct 2010 20:49 #2 by Michael P (Michael P)
Replied by Michael P (Michael P) on topic New Kitchen Rules
Respected Father Edwin Haroldson,

Is this meanings that you will be spending much times in the kitchens yourself?  While I have all the respects for you that you are deservings, you do suffers from... forget doctors term for curse for bits falling off... leopard-seeds?  Da?

I do not eats meats... nor do I really wants bits of Valos priest in coffees... I thinks it would makes far too strong and bitter.

Is concerns...

-Paetros

Michael Pucci
Player of Paetros of the Yhatzi Kompania

www.DystopiaRisingLARP.com
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
20 Oct 2010 21:19 #3 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic New Kitchen Rules
Can you grow whole new leopards from leopard-seeds?

A.A.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • Michael P
20 Oct 2010 21:47 #4 by Michael P (Michael P)
Replied by Michael P (Michael P) on topic New Kitchen Rules
Lord Abendroth,

I see the meaning there.  I thinks most could only grow cats tails from these seeds.

-Paetros

Michael Pucci
Player of Paetros of the Yhatzi Kompania

www.DystopiaRisingLARP.com
  • Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
22 Oct 2010 18:59 #5 by Pappy (Quan)
Replied by Pappy (Quan) on topic New Kitchen Rules
      Of course Father Haroldson isn't directing these comments to the nobility of Travance to whom these changes only serve to benefit you all as you will be receiving the service you deserve and should always have it afforded to you...

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer
  • Malcolm
  • Semper Fidelis Fratercula Arctica
27 Oct 2010 02:45 - 27 Oct 2010 05:09 #6 by Malcolm (Malcolm)
Replied by Malcolm (Malcolm) on topic New Kitchen Rules
A small addendum to non staff in the kitchen.  I've been here no longer than two months and we've already had a tremendous issue with the money box.  I will not, I repeat, REFUSE to suffer theft at my bar.  No one is to leave any manner of valuable in the kitchen, except with express permission from myself, Edwin or Liu and anyone caught stealing or suspected of stealing anything at all of any kind will be immediately turned in.  This will be very heavily enforced.

Thank you.

Zander G. Gehnsen IV Esq.
Captain of Our Lady of the Broken Spine

"Now you remember, you hear? You treat this ship like a lady.  Make certain you always bring her home."

OOG: JimBob
Last edit: 27 Oct 2010 05:09 by .
  • Kendrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 4
27 Oct 2010 15:57 #7 by Kendrick (Kendrick)
Replied by Kendrick (Kendrick) on topic New Kitchen Rules
I sympathize with your plight of having the tavern earnings stolen. I suffered through this annoyance at one time myself in a life that seems a lifetime ago. Might I suggest taking a look past your bar and into the shadowy corners of your inn, where cigar smoke and shifty glances abound.

But don't let your actions 'disturb the peace' of Travance. That could annoy authority figures if harmony was challenged for righteousness.

Brother Kendrick Maeldun
Paladin of the White Fox

oog Chris K
01 Nov 2010 22:26 #8 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic New Kitchen Rules
Me think secret out.
Yes, Blade learning art of hunting those who seek not be found!
Me thought me tell Slack him no tell people, me not too good yet.
But me like inn... you remember when other stupid ogres come,
me defend inn as me own!  Me help inn!  You tell me who steal
from inn, me break limb!  Me even do so for discount!
You need weather?
You need advice?
You need cigar!?
You need people know what Blade mean?
You tell Blade!
Me thank Kendrick!  Kendrick, you get free cheap cigar! Or small discount on good cigar!
Next time you need help, cigar smoke look you!
Blade for hire!

-OOG Michael Smith
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.513 seconds