A Call To Aid

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
07 Nov 2010 10:46 - 07 Nov 2010 10:49 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
A Call To Aid was created by Gallion (Gallion)
Loyal Denizens of Travance and Subjects of Winterdark,

The festivities of the Winterdark Ball have come to a close, and I hope with my utmost sincerety that each and every one of you had a most memorable experience.  To those of you who had to depart, I wish you the a safe journey home.

As the attendants of the Ball are aware, pressing news was delivered to us at the closing ceremonies.  Rogue Knights of Winterdark have chosen our night of festivity to rise up and challange my rule and authority in Winterdark.  They have seiged Thenn and taken its inhabitants hostage.

A letter was addressed by one Sir Storr Bronzebeard, who was a Knight in service of Winterdark before I was placed in power here.  We are also aware that during the festivities during the Ball, Sir Bronzebeard successfully assaulted the dungeons and freed one of the prisoners.  Sir Jorgen was awaiting obliteration for crimes against the crown as well as being a known Dark Sith and Worshipper of Dark Forces.

The protection of my people and my land is of the utmost importance to me, and as such I thank each and every member of Travance who has agreed to stay to aid the lands of Winterdark.  Know your services do not go unnoticed, and the thanks of myself, my court, and the subjects of Winterdark are yours.

We will be be sending message via portal to Travance to gather any additional forces willing to volunteer, as well as to allow any who are still residing in Winterdark to retrieve supplies they may have left in Travance.

Count Sebsatian Everest of Winterdark, Earl of the Marches

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 07 Nov 2010 10:49 by .
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
12 Nov 2010 10:13 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic A Call To Aid
Subjects of Travance,

Though we have done well in removing the corruption within the noble seatings of Winterdark, many Knights of Rogue-status have ever still been at large.  One week ago, during the annual Masquerade Ball at the Black Keep, Rogue Knights succeeded in an attempt to free prisoner Sir Jorgen of Winterdark who was being held for crimes against the crown, treason and colusion with dark forces.

At this time, many other brigends and lesser known enemies of Winterdark lay seige to the City of Thenn, captured it with fierce resolve, and are now holding the innocent peasantry at thier mercy.  Sir Storr Bronzebeard, ex Knight of Winterdark left a message for me informing me of their successful capture of Thenn, along with terms of negotiation for the release of the peasantry of Thenn. Among his terms are a stipulation that I may not leave the Black Keep, under threat that if I do, he will execute all of the hostages. I therefore will not be yet able to be there with you, except perhaps through a means of mystical communication which we are setting up.

You will be traveling to a site that has been designated as an impromptu war camp, on the outskirts of Thenn. The area is dangerously littered with hostile denizens, but despite that fact it is strategically the best place to stage this rescue.  

They wish to negotiate the removal of myself from my seat of nobility. This is obviously not acceptable terms, and you are all to negotiate better terms or crush the rebellion while preventing as much human casualty as possible. I will be sending a native Knight of Winterdark to bring the method of communication as soon as they are ready. This Knight will also know the area and the situation well and as such, I suggest you work with him.  

Lord Regent Fogrom will be left with a terrible time ruling the region is we allow an entire city to be slaughtered like lambs, so do not take any brash actions that will cause such casualties. Good Luck!

Count Sebsatian Everest of Winterdark, Earl of the Marches

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
12 Nov 2010 11:17 #3 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic A Call To Aid
My close friend and liege lord Count Everest,

As a Master of Yellow Sorcery, I can easily have available far-speaking crystals for expedient communication between we who are in the field and yourself in the Black Keep. I will work with your resident sorcerers to be sure these are ready in time for the negotiations.

Know that you have the full support of myself as an expert diplomat and the entire talented host of Drega'mire to see Winterdark through this trying time.

For King and Country,

Lord Apollo Abendroth
Drega'mire, Travance

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
13 Nov 2010 23:45 #4 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic Victory!
I would like to extend my gratitude to the Lords, Knights and citizens who assisted with the situation in Winterdark this day. Without all of your help, we would not have been so resoundingly victorious in the day's efforts.

I am pleased to announce that all of the citizens of Thenn who were held hostage were successfully liberated and the three rogue Knights who threatened the safety and security of Winterdark have been captured and will see the King's justice.

For King and Country,

Lord Apollo Abendroth
Drega'mire, Travance

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • Shiver
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 129
14 Nov 2010 17:49 #5 by Shiver (Shiver)
Replied by Shiver (Shiver) on topic A Call To Aid
Let Lord Abendroth be recognized.

It is a testament to our Lords who take charge when it matters most to those in need.

Congratulations on your careful negotiation, and command in the field. 

Your valor was appreciated my friend.

Lucius Blackthorne
Lord of Alisandria

Guild Officer of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

Of the Ram and Raven

“History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

"The godly tongue distills honey, mankind's tether of amber and gold. This is my verdict.

For neither are kingdoms conquered by iron, Nor dies the mighty by the spear.

Men are felled by what they fail to believe in."

((Joe Bondi-Marketing Officer))
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.451 seconds