To Sir Germaine

07 Nov 2010 11:53 - 07 Nov 2010 13:27 #1 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
To Sir Germaine was created by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Sir Malcolm Luther Germaine,

I have seen you on the field of battle.  You are a fierce and formidable warrior.  You are a crusader for the Light, a champion of order, and a pillar of law.  And your conduct is no better than that of a schoolyard bully.

While your words upon this wall were removed for reasons of which I am unaware, they did not escape my notice.  Your declaration of Moirya Arkanian Rasia as a thief and a whore was unfounded, uncalled for, and untrue.  When has she sold her body?  What has she been convicted of stealing?  When has she even been accused of a crime against the Barony of Travance or the Kingdom of Kormyre?

You are a knight, Sir Germaine.  By your own word, your will is tantamount to that of the King.  Likewise, your conduct both represents and reflects upon the nobility you serve.  Live up to the standards that you have set for yourself.  Act in a manner worthy of the respect you demand.  Show that you possess not only the courage of a knight, but the grace and dignity of one as well.

Sir Malcolm Luther Germaine, I challenge you to behave in a manner befitting of the station granted to you.  I challenge you to exhibit the social graces expected not only of the nobility, but of decent men.  I challenge you to retract your base and baseless slander of Moirya Arkanian Rasia.  

Failing that, on the behalf of Moirya, I challenge you to meet me on the field of honor.

~Tobar Moroz Rasia

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
Last edit: 07 Nov 2010 13:27 by .
  • Alex
  • Kingslayer
  • Thank Yous: 206
07 Nov 2010 18:53 - 07 Nov 2010 21:31 #2 by Alex (Wormwood)
Replied by Alex (Wormwood) on topic To Sir Germaine
Vagabond,

Your insolence is daunting. How dare you approach me with such a tone after all i have done for you. Have you forgotten the wisdom i shared with you? Do you not recall the lessons of humility and valor i imparted? Has my personally saving your wretched life on several occasions passed from from your memory? How sad and strange your values must be to think yourself righteous enough to challenge me.

Regardless, if you are still set on crossings swords than I accept your challenge. You will face me in a contest of pure martial skill. Leave your curses, magic, alchemy, or whatever other trickery you planned to use behind.

It will be a pleasure to swat the teeth from your mouth.

Sir Malcolm Luther Germaine
Slayer of Men

OOG: Alex B.
Last edit: 07 Nov 2010 21:31 by .
  • Michael P
  • Thank Yous: 0
08 Nov 2010 10:58 - 08 Nov 2010 13:02 #3 by Michael P (Michael P)
Replied by Michael P (Michael P) on topic To Sir Germaine
Sir Malcolm Luther Germaine,

Respected Knight[strike] and lord[/strike].

As this is an issue of question of honor, and one of heated tempers, may humbly request that honor duel guidelines be followed.  In this instance, I speak of the fact that Tobar has questioned your honor in regards to written words scribed in regards to one of my people... and while I do not begrudge his eagerness to react, I would wish that you allow a second to be named in his place if he does not follow through with his challenge.  

In the instance that Tobar does run, it without a doubt reflects upon himself, however I believe that the issue as a whole will not be settled to your satisfaction until such a time where you may prove your position by means of combat.  I do not suspect that you will need a second, due to the tales I have heard of your martial prowess, however I feel that my people may need another to finish this unwanted business if Tobar is to run away.  In the instance that you are unable to be in attendance to this honor duel, due to the greater responsibility of the weight you carry as a Knight, you do also have the right to name a second.  

Tobar has challenged you, you a respected Knight, and regardless of his intent he has spoken on behalf of others.  Those others need representation if Tobar does not follow through, so that you may be provided your pound of flesh.

I thank you for your consideration and time goodly knight,

Paetros

Michael Pucci
Player of Paetros of the Yhatzi Kompania

www.DystopiaRisingLARP.com
Last edit: 08 Nov 2010 13:02 by .
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
08 Nov 2010 13:01 #4 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic To Sir Germaine
Paetros -

While I am sure you meant it only as an honorific, Sir Germaine is not a Lord. To refer to him as such is inappropriate.

Lord Apollo Abendroth

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • Michael P
08 Nov 2010 16:29 #5 by Michael P (Michael P)
Lord Abendroth,

Indeed, a simple honorific... that is why it was spelled with a little 'l' instead of a capital 'L'.  In regards to yourself, I would refer as per the title instead of the phrase that any of us common folk would use to signify they were speaking to one of nobility.  Since I have not heard great deal of Sir Malcolm Luther Germaine, 'The Slayer of Men', I found it inappropriate to assume to refer to him as laird or by what other titles have been applied to him by his Lordship or any Lord above him.

-Paetros

Michael Pucci

• Radu Dragovic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • -Death is but a Door-
  • Thank Yous: 1
09 Nov 2010 17:51 #6 by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic)
Replied by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic) on topic To Sir Germaine
Free burial services for whomever looses.

Radu Dragovic-Guild Grave Digger and Carpenter of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

-Death is but a doorway, we are richer to of know you and luckier still to have called you friend-

OOG: Jeff Mclean
  • Edward Walker
  • Let me cut to the point to get to the heart of the issue.
  • Thank Yous: 15
09 Nov 2010 22:04 - 14 Nov 2010 23:56 #7 by Edward Walker (Liam)
Replied by Edward Walker (Liam) on topic To Sir Germaine
This message is on behalf of Count Winterdark

[size=20pt]Rules of Honor Combat[/size]
Challenge

In order to initiate the honor combat, the Challenger must provide what he feels the Challenged has done to besmirch his honor, or the honor of whomever is being defended.  The Challenged has the option to turn down the honor combat, but then must publicly admit that what he has done was wrong and dishonorable.  If the Challenged accepts the honor combat, he does not have to admit to anything whether he wins or loses.  Both the Challenged and the Challenger then meet on neutral ground in order to discuss the terms.

Terms

Both the Challenger and the Challenged meet to discuss the terms of the combat.  Both the Challenged and the Challenger choose Seconds in the discussion of these terms.  A fifth person who is of a neutral party is called in as well for this discussion.  The Challenged sets the first term, which both parties must agree on.  The Challenger then decides the second term, which both parties must agree on.  The Challenged then decides the third and final term, which both parties must agree on.  If both parties cannot agree on a term, it is the responsibility of the neutral party to decide if the term is fair or unfair.  If the term is decided to be unfair then another term must be decided upon.  Once all terms are agreed upon both parties must decide on where and when the Honor Combat is to occur, and will then meet at the appointed time and place.

Combat

A noble of the land wherein the duel is occurring must be present to oversee the fight.  No outside help may be given to either party for the duration of the combat.  Observers must remain silent during the fight.  Failure to observe these rules will result in the person violating them being removed from the area and charged as if they have interfered with the conduct of a noble.  Once the fight has ended, the victor is announced and the matter is settled.

An honor combat must be condoned by the highest noble of the land wherein the combat is to occur.
Fleeing from combat or breaking any of the agreed upon terms will result in disqualification of the offending party, who will be named the loser by the overseeing noble.
If one of the parties breaks the laws of the land they are disqualified and to be charged for their crimes in the highest of punishments.
If the combat is interrupted, both parties will agree upon a time to reconvene and continue the combat.

- Squire Sorel D. Argentblade
         Squire to Sir Cinder Draa'Velvin of Winterdark

Doctor Edward D. Walker

OOG:
Liam Neary
Last edit: 14 Nov 2010 23:56 by .
  • Michael P
13 Nov 2010 09:32 #8 by Michael P (Michael P)

All nobles involved,

I thank each of you for your time involved in regards to this issue.  I am sure that this entire matter will very quickly be brought to a definitive end.  I will be a sending a letter to Tobar informing him of the list of people who have requested to be his second so that he may makes informed choice.

Paetros.
"Poate zeii ierta vinovat, dar permiteţi-mi mijloacele de a oferi întâlnirii lor."

Michael Pucci

• Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
13 Nov 2010 23:40 #9 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic To Sir Germaine
To all interested parties,

Tobar and Sir Germaine have met on the field for honor combat. Tobar slew Sir Germaine and was pronounced the victor.

This matter has been settled and will not be brought up again.

Lord Abendroth

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.523 seconds