A Matter of Tradition & Respect

06 Jun 2011 12:09 - 06 Jun 2011 12:22 #1 by Father Zahir al Nawar (Zahir)
A Matter of Tradition & Respect was created by Father Zahir al Nawar (Zahir)
Some things have gone on in the past few months of my return which I believe should be addressed.

While we all live in Travance, we are all from varied backgrounds, disciplines and cultures. It is these things which make us unique and give us strength in times of doubt and trouble.

As one born of the desert, it must be known that the water, no matter how abundant in Travance or surrounding areas, is sacred to one such as myself. I have witnessed a number of incidents where the precious life giving waters were spilled or simply an afterthought. This has given rise to a number of individuals grumbling amongst themselves that "Zahir is over reacting," or "It's only water. What is the big deal?"

I would be glad to privately sit with any who thinks this and explain why this is a "big deal". While I know the casual use of water is commonplace and I hold myself back from lashing out violently at its disrespect, I would kindly ask that in my presence or in the presence of any Bedouin, to think on the place water has among my people and respect this accordingly.

We can learn from each other, learn about each other and this will lead to growth, understanding and unity.

On a separate note, I would also like to remind any Bedouin who are new to Travance of the Bedouin Law & Tradition of Ahlan wa Sahlan. To remind you, this when you are expected to visit with the oldest or longest established Bedouin in the land you are visiting.  That individual then will share a gift with the newcomer as well as information of the lands they are currently in.

Not only is this a sign of respect, but it aids in avoiding deadly miscommunications as only Amu Set are known among the Bedouin to ignore this particular Bedouin Law.

While it is true that we are in new lands where laws are different, it does not mean that we forget who we are and where we came from.

And as always, if anyone wishes to speak with me on any of these matters or any others,
Please contact me and will freely share with you.

Brazen’s Blessings Upon You,

Father Zahir ibn Hatim al Nawar
Priest of Brazen

oog: Chris Ayala;
Monster Marshall
Last edit: 06 Jun 2011 12:22 by .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiana Wiley (Kiana)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds