Message from the High Scholar of the Arcane

• Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
19 Jun 2011 00:33 - 19 Jun 2011 00:35 #1 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Message from the High Scholar of the Arcane was created by Belegchand (mcalo)
Citizens of Travance,

Earlier this month, I was appointed High Scholar of the Arcane by Guildmaster Ardin Silverbow.  This title makes me responsible for coordinating and overseeing the growth of Arcane and Bardic scholars.  I am interested to see what our scholars are capable of as of now.  If you are a scholar of the Arcane or Bardic Traditions, or are interested in pursuing either the Arcane or Bardic Traditions of Scholarship, please, send a missive to the Mage's Guild, addressed to me, so that I have a record of you.  Even if you know I am aware of your study of the Weave through this means, I request that you still send me a missive, as I may not know all of the information I would like.  In this missive, please include your name, which traditions you have studied, any scholarship abilities you can perform (such as doing research), how long you have been a scholar, any Church affiliations you may have (even if just as a follower), and any lands you are affiliated with, so that I may have an up-to-date registry of the scholars.  I do not plan on having us meet regularly, but as a Chroniclerite, I am interested in compiling the most accurate account possible.  As with Mages, if you have knowledge of these paths of Scholarship, you are a member of the Guild and thus must comply accordingly.  If you do not send me a missive by the time I am next in the proper and I learn of you as a Scholar of these Traditions, I will find you to discuss such matters, and it will not be near as pleasant.

In the Name of the Weave,
Loremaster Belegchand Dìnephilin
High Scholar of the Arcane Arts

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
Last edit: 19 Jun 2011 00:35 by .
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
19 Jun 2011 08:06 #2 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Message from the High Scholar of the Arcane
It is for the automatic membership requirments in the Mage;s Guild I have refrained from learning the two academic traditions you mentioned.  I willingly serve the Church and am a citizen of Kormyre.  Two masters are more than sufficient. 

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
19 Jun 2011 09:17 #3 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic Message from the High Scholar of the Arcane
Father Haroldson,

You say you serve the Kingdom.  How ironic for you to say that the mandatory membership of the Guild is the reason for your lack of study in these fields, considering the fact that the Guild is fully sanctioned, not just in Travance, but in the erntire Kingdom, with a direct charge from the Crown dating back to the Guild's inception to oversee the proper use and instruction of Magic.

Regardless of your reasoning, I would appreciate you not detracting from the original intent of this posting on the walls of the Dragon's Claw Inn.  My intent is to gather information on our scholars so I may aide them in their intellectual learning, as well as bring them closer to the Guild so that they may broaden their understandings of Magic.  So please, again, any Scholars of the Arcane or Bardic Traditions, please do not hestitate to contact me.  If you do not currently have these traditions, but are interested in learning about them, please, contact me as well, so we can discuss any concerns you may have.

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
19 Jun 2011 10:32 #4 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Message from the High Scholar of the Arcane
Since you brought the matter to public attention, I will state that not all Gildmasters are as benign as Ardin Silverbow, and have, to be charitable, abused their power in the the past.  I feel that it is vital for those about to embrace an Academic Tradtion to understand all of which they are embracing.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
06 Jul 2011 10:40 - 07 Jul 2011 13:28 #5 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic Message from the High Scholar of the Arcane
To All Arcane and Bardic Scholars of Travance,

This is a reminder to send me a missive prior to the festivities scheduled to take place in a week over a fortnight's time containing [strike]three[/strike] two facets of information:

• A list of your scholarly abilities, including abilities such as research and how proficient you are at detecting forgeries
  • If you associate yourself with one of the four lands, the barony, or the county as a vassal, or even a member of greater prestige
  • [strike]The God you are baptized to, if any, and if you serve that God in a greater context as clergy
I swear that there will be no forms of discrimination within the Guild based on land association or based on faith.  These categories are for my record-keeping purposes so that I may better serve my position.

Missives can be addressed to me and left at the Mage's Guild Hall.  Even if I know you are a Scholar of the Arcane or Bardic paths, please still send me a missive, as I may not have all the information I am seeking.

Additionally, if any of my fellow Quinarians have found themselves to be innately capable of making some lesser scrolls,  please send me a missive as well, so that I may be able to arrange to find codices or instructors and enhance the quality of Scrollwork throughout the barony.

Last edit: 07 Jul 2011 13:28 by .
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds