Request for Assistance

12 Sep 2011 23:41 #1 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Request for Assistance was created by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
My fellow citizens of Travance,

Two moons ago, a powerful high-priest of Galmachis manipulated a number of wild tribes of goblinoids and other creatures for his own ends. The result, as we saw this moon, were those death heralds that we encountered. Considering the work I've done over the past year to bring some of those same tribes into harmony with the barony, I took his actions very personally, and spent most of the last month hunting this man, without much luck.

This moon, the servants of that same high-priest returned, this time manipulating many young psions and wild mages. While we were able to defeat these servants, the priest himself never appeared, much to my disappointment. Since this is now the second time he has threatened our lands, I would ask that if anyone comes into any information about his whereabouts, please make me aware of it, as I have taken upon myself the task of bringing this dark priest to the Baron's justice.

Thank you in advance,

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
13 Sep 2011 00:17 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Request for Assistance
Squire Winks,

Let me first say that I will help you with this task. Whether it be just tracking him down, gathering information, or even just bringing him to justice I will do all I can to help you. Just find me when ever you need the assistance. I can try to track him down if we find any proof of where he is set up and I can even set a trap for him so we may bring him to justice. Just seek me out when needed.

-Caelvan Renaith
  Ranger

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
13 Sep 2011 09:08 #3 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Request for Assistance
If I had known of this priest of the dark god Galmachis was using our kin as fodder for his deeds, I would have joined you in this search earlier. I know now and will stand with you on this fight.

The ways of Galmachis are that of death, so let us give him what he wants and spare the goblinoids he tricked from his dark desire.

-Odo Garaath.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Vyth Nar
  • Thank Yous: 0
13 Sep 2011 14:30 #4 by Vyth Nar (Vyth Nar)
Replied by Vyth Nar (Vyth Nar) on topic Request for Assistance
May I ask the rest of the guard and nobility why this "Winks" is allowed to roam freely? His liege and "Lord" have done some of the most dire things to this town and yet the rest of his vassals and the like are not without doubt or suspicion? That is quite curious and somewhat vexing.

I am not trying to start a debate so I will not place anymore missives up about this, I had just wondered if I was the only one thinking of this. I truely hope not.

-Vyth Nar Malina' Lokion-

(OOG Jeff Mclean)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
13 Sep 2011 17:25 #5 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Request for Assistance
Squire Winks

Although I lack tracking skills, I will be more than happy to assist you in gathering information, I have seen what this creature has done to the kidnapped children, and I would not wish that fate on anyone, good or evil.
This man deserves nothing more than to be placed before Galladel for his final judgement.

Sincerely:

Elric Ashby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
14 Sep 2011 00:52 #6 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Request for Assistance
Winks,

As I told you the night before the Feast, I will lend my blade against this impostor's minions.  The priest himself is all your's.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
14 Sep 2011 01:29 #7 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Request for Assistance
Vyth,

Winks was found innocent of all charges brought against him.
He was questioned several times, thoroughly.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Oakroot
  • We all hope for happy endings... right?
  • Thank Yous: 1
14 Sep 2011 01:58 - 14 Sep 2011 02:03 #8 by Oakroot (OakRoot)
Replied by Oakroot (OakRoot) on topic Request for Assistance
Winks,
As you have offered your assistance in my time of need I would like you to accept my offer. If you can think of any way that I can be useful to your cause please make it known to me.
Keep Arawyn dear,

Brinden Oakroot
Vassal and Gaurd of Kaladonia
Student and Squire of Lady Elawyn Brightstar
Follower of Chronicler and Son of Arawyn
*OOG*
*Clark Livengood*
Last edit: 14 Sep 2011 02:03 by .
  • Livia
  • "If I look back, I am lost."
14 Sep 2011 02:02 #9 by Livia (Livia)
Replied by Livia (Livia) on topic Request for Assistance
Vyth Nar Malina' Lokion,

Whilst I am not nobility, nor a member of the Guard, I would like to take this opportunity to offer a perspective in answer to your concerns.  Nor do I seek to start a debate - only to offer my observation.

Yes. Squire Sharpthorn - as well as the other vassals of Drega'Mire - operate under suspicion due to their liege Lord's being declared guilty, and his subsequent attacks. I suspect that to some, they always will. However, operating under suspicion does not equate to guilt.

To my knowledge, Squire Sharpthorn and the other vassals of Drega'Mire have submitted to questioning by the Inquisitors and Magistrate of Travance and have thus far been found to be without fault. Travance is a Barony that seeks to espouse the ideals of civilised conduct. Imprisoning or, worse, condemning subjects simply because one thinks that maybe, just maybe, that subject may be up to something nefarious smacks of barbarous tyranny, not proper aristocratic civilisation. It will not yield reasonable results. I think it is dreadfully similar, in fact, to the concept of murdering innocents and commoners who have no titles and no political power, calling it a revolution against poor leadership, and expecting the common man to rise up in support of ones claims.

So yes. There are those who are suspicious of the vassals of Drega'Mire. There are those who will forever be suspicious of them. But until it is proved that they colluded with or continue to collude with Abendroth, they should not be unfairly subjected to the same type of treatment that Abendroth has given to others.

Ever,
LKA

Livia Kitaitshka Arkanian
Magistrate of Travance

====
OOG: Kat S.

(Alt: Li Song)

"I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there." -- Oscar Wilde
  • Vyth Nar
14 Sep 2011 03:08 #10 by Vyth Nar (Vyth Nar)
Replied by Vyth Nar (Vyth Nar) on topic Request for Assistance
The former Lord was found guilty of treason, yes? He was not found guilty of summoning demons and undead?

His close vassals and such were found not guilty of Treason. Sometimes there is more then simple black and white. There are many shades of grey within this world that is one thing I have learned in my long years. But it not my place to tell anyone if they act a fool or no. Like all things from the past the many races felt themselves wiser and more potent then the elder and paid for it dearly. But why harbor on the past and learn lessons from it, for it does not ever repeat itself? Does it?

It is such a strange and curious way in which all the young races act. I will put quill to parchment to assure these days are not forgotten as so many ashes are to the wind. The future will say wether inaction was perhaps the cause of loss and sorrow. So many times it has happened in ages past. Sadly dark times come yet again and a page is turned and the last forgotten. Laments will be sung I fear.

-Vyth Nar Malina' Lokion-

(OOG Jeff Mclean)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
14 Sep 2011 11:38 #11 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic Request for Assistance
Winks, though I am not very seasoned, I will help in whatever small way I can.

~Carlotta OZ

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
  • Zathir
  • He's Zahir, I'm Zathir, our sister Ze'Everywhere, she gets around.
  • Thank Yous: 42
14 Sep 2011 23:04 #12 by Zathir (Clevatus)
Replied by Zathir (Clevatus) on topic Request for Assistance
Squire Winks

I will lend my help in whatever way i can, while i am not a seasoned fighter, that has never stopped me before.

Vyth,
you seem to be the only one questioning Squire Winks, you also seem to question those who served under Apollo prior to this outing. Specifically who is it you question? Where were you while this was happening? are you making an attempt to place the people of Travance against each other? Squire Winks was questioned many times, with many methods and has been found innocent on ALL accounts by the Barony. Are you wiser than the Barony? If you wish to make accusation of those you think have loyalty to Apollo perhaps you should tell us. While im sure there are people in Travance loyal to Apollo, i can assure you winks is not one of them. What of yourself? where were you while Apollo attacked? where were you while all the fighters of Travance held the inn? maybe its not winks that requires questioning.. but yourself....

P.S. Vyth, if you wish to improve your literacy skills im sure Prof. Jack Cypher would teach you.

Zathir Ib'n Hatim Al Nawar

-Vassal of Drega'Mire

(OOG-Nathaniel Galloway)
  • Lina Marinescu
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Only the curious have something to find
  • Thank Yous: 78
14 Sep 2011 23:14 #13 by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi)
Replied by Lina Marinescu (Ismaesumi) on topic Request for Assistance
::Not Lina::

Zathir,

If you suggest that Vyth improve his literacy, I would then suggest that you look to Prof. Cypher as well. Your grammar needs work.

- Bryn Moore

IG- Lina Marinescu
OOG- Katie M.- Lead Monster Marshal

The stalwart soul has the will to live and is eager for the race ~Taylor Caldwell

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
14 Sep 2011 23:15 #14 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic Request for Assistance
Squire Winks,
I am not in any way a fighter, but I am willing to come along to keep all of you healthy.  I am trying to put the prejudices of my people behind me by putting my trust in a goblin, but you have shown me multiple times that I can trust you.

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
  • Gwynedd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 17
14 Sep 2011 23:22 - 15 Sep 2011 03:07 #15 by Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
Replied by Gwynedd (Gwynedd) on topic Request for Assistance
Dear Squire Winks,

I will help in any way that I can.  I think that we all need to stand together and with Andorra's Love and the other Gods and Goddess of the light.  We will prevail.

In Joy, Light and Peace,

Gwynedd
OOG: Suzi Shaffer

What do you need of me?
Last edit: 15 Sep 2011 03:07 by .
14 Sep 2011 23:26 #16 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Replied by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy) on topic Request for Assistance
To All,

I'm sorry to chide you all like this. I know that many of you hold ranks much above mine, and have been in Travance longer than I. But Andorra compels me to remind each of you that now is not the time to fight amongst ourselves. Now is the time to stand strong with our backs against each others'. Every petty argument, every accusation, undoes the trust that we will desperately need when the time comes to face the darkness, and do battle against it.

I, myself, am confident that the Baron has taken every precaution, including the placement of mithils upon every building in Travance proper. I am confident that there is a list of those citizens, regardless of their rank, who will be taken into questioning as to their whereabouts on Saturday night, as well as any information they may have had about the true nature of the creature known as Apollo Abendroth.

Place your trust in our Baron, who, along with the Ralenfolys, has managed to uncover a vicious serpent hiding among us. Have faith that any who aided him will be discovered. Remember that those who follow the path of darkness have the most curious tendency to turn against each other and point fingers, especially when doing so would secure their own safety.

But most importantly, remember that we must be able to stand together, in the light, in order to stand against the darkness. Please, do your best to remember the necessity of this unity before you cry out against those who may very well stand beside you in battle.

Without trust, we lose hope. Without hope, we have nothing.

With Light and Love,
Mother Remi Sylvaine

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
15 Sep 2011 03:05 - 15 Sep 2011 03:12 #17 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Request for Assistance
Squire Winks

There is no point in traipsing around with no information at all as to the identities of those sought.  Provide me all that is known about him and I will do some research to see if any trace of his identity can be found.

As to the disposition of the dark priest, should he be apprehended, I believe the Church is better able to deal with her.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 15 Sep 2011 03:12 by .
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.629 seconds