We Have So Much More Than Hope

18 Sep 2011 02:38 #1 by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
We Have So Much More Than Hope was created by Mother Remi Sylvaine (effervescentjoy)
Apollo,
Originally this letter was posted in response to your writings in the Mage's Guild. However, you were disbarred from the Guild before you could read it. With as much as you've been leaving notes on the walls here, I thought a reposting of my letter would be rather appropriate.

Travancians,
Do not mistake my intention in re-posting this letter. I, like many of you, am filled with a kind of righteous fury and thirst for justice that I have never known before. I do believe that the sentiments I express in the letter below are ones I share with many of you, and that is the main reason I commit these words to paper. It is not enough to declare that we have hope- we will always have hope, so long as we stand in the light and allow our Gods to watch over us and protect us. We are powerful, and righteous, and we must not lack the courage to stand up and declare war on the wicked monster who calls himself Apollo Abendroth. We will stand together as a town, and we will stand behind our good Baron Montgomery, and we will strike down this evil where it stands.

In Light and Love,
Mother Remi Sylvaine

(beneath the original note, there is another letter, which reads:)

Apollo.

It sickens me to see that you have dared to show your face here, of all places, the Guild who cared not for your innocence or guilt in the matter of treason and promised you safe haven so long as you followed Guild Law. And yet you came into town with undead, and demons, and clergy of darkness, even another Anti-Paladin (aside from yourself, that is.) Because of you, two heroes have been taken from us forever. Because of you, many more were killed. Because of you, this town lives in fear.

and because of you, this town will gather all of its strength to destroy you.

Long ago, you chided me, reminding me that my mentors are only human, and make mistakes. Apollo, you are no man, for no man could murder in such cold blood as you have. No man could ally himself with darkness and hatred and pain the way you have. And yet you have made the gravest mistake of all. You have chosen to walk in the darkness. and there, I assure you, you will die.

It is the nature of those who walk in the darkness to act out of fear, and self-preservation, and selfishness. Like starved wolves, they turn on each other, for power or simply survival. It is the nature of those who walk in the light to band together with love and loyalty, protecting each other, strengthening each other, with a willingness to make the ultimate sacrifice for the good of the whole.

We are willing to die. and I have no doubt that many of us will. But we will take you with us. I can promise you that. and we will uproot the evil that has grown so strong within Travance, and we will haul it up into the light and watch it shrivel and burn.

Those who destroy the Weave will not be tolerated. Those who ally themselves with the dark gods will not be tolerated. They will be obliterated.

You have my deepest sympathy. I so wish you were truly the man I once thought you to be.

But you have declared war on all that is good and just and holy and pure in this land. And I sincerely hope you do not lack the courage to see this struggle to its inevitable conclusion.

May Galladel Look On Your Soul With Pity,
Mother Remi Sylvaine

PS: Elizar Ralenfoly was by far a stronger, braver, and better man than you will ever be. He was a noble hero. You were not worthy of his blood, nor Templar Germaine's. Remember that.

Main Char: Mother Remi Sylvaine
Priestess of Love and Song

Alt Char: Mira Aino

~*~ Nadine Morsch:: OOG
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.443 seconds