A Manifesto for the Common Man

• Ming Na
  • Strength Through Unity!
  • Thank Yous: 24
28 Sep 2011 14:31 #1 by Ming Na (Ming Na)
A Manifesto for the Common Man was created by Ming Na (Ming Na)

IG-

A Manifesto for the Common Man

“Do not be afraid to give up the good to go for the great,” my grandmother use to say. So far it has served us all well since traveling across the Rift or arriving by ship.

I find that “Good enough” in Travance never is, in fact, good enough. For example, I have been extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness for my first few years in Travance. I have been extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. I have even been the director of many an opponent's fate, all in service to the people.Regardless of our powers or skills, we must never tire in the battle to help each other and Travance. The real power in Travance lies with the people.

The danger that Apollo Abendroth represents has nothing to do with his powers or his allies. It has to do with the fact the Travance is used to fighting a totally different type of enemy, a different type of evil all together. Whereas the rest of the world is used to fighting other men such as betrayers, traitors and the like, Travance is used to fighting forces from beyond this world or other monstrosities, living or undead. However, Travance has overcome greater adversities in the past and while this current situation may prove difficult, I know that Travance will prevail. We will have to alter our usual tactics, and to help with that, as the Dominus Rystar of the Imperial Guild of Ostcliff, I have sent word to the King of Kormyre requesting aid.

We are the sons and daughters of Travance, both on the sea and on the land. We are the very life blood that keeps the Barony and even the Kingdom running. We brew their tea, harvest their crops, make their clothes and sharpen their swords in times of peace as well as war. We cook their meals, we haul their rubbish, and we guard them while they sleep. Some look at the common men and women of Travance and merely judge us by how many seasons we have been in Travance...a fool’s judgment. Life did not start when we crossed the Rift or set our boots upon the docks for the first time.

All men and women have worth. Unless given cause, I have never, nor would I ever, look down on any man or woman, young or old, experienced or not. It is our unity and righteousness of purpose that so many others envy and fear, including Apollo Abendroth. Fear, however, is like a creeping vine that strangles crops. It makes enemies out of people that should be friends. Put aside your fears and know that every man and woman in Travance stands next to you, arm in arm, regardless of station, against this grave threat.

Many have questioned me and my motives over the years. To them, I say this: Whom do I serve? I serve the realm. Someone has too. We all have to!

With the welfare of the people of Travance in mind. 

In service to the people

Ming Nagata

OOC: Dan Gill
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds