Baronial Training Session

28 Oct 2011 12:26 #1 by Archer Van Zandt (Archer Van Zandt)
Baronial Training Session was created by Archer Van Zandt (Archer Van Zandt)
Loyal subjects of Travance,
By order of Lord Antrim I have undertaken the task of training the men and women of Pendarvin. However last moon I found it prudent to broaden that training to include any and all subjects of Travance that share our common interest in preparing for future conflicts. With that being said I would like to announce our second Baronial Training session to be held Saturday afternoon of the November Baronial Feast at 3:00 PM. The training session will take place at the tower field in front of the Baron's Manor. This moon we will focus on battlefield tactics and formations so that our Barony may continue to thrive through a highly organized fighting force. I encourage all of you to join us and look forward to seeing those of you who choose to attend.

In service to Travance,
Archer Van Zandt
Captain of the Guard of Pendarvin

Squire Archer Van Zandt of House Van Zandt
Squire to Sir Elizar Rallinfolly

"And who are you that I should bow so low?"

OOG: Ryan W.
02 Nov 2011 19:08 #2 by Rione Arcanion (Rione Arcanion)
Replied by Rione Arcanion (Rione Arcanion) on topic Baronial Training Session
  Archer Zandt,

I believe it would be prudent and highly constructive to meet with me to discuss your lessons and your tactics in general. I will go so far as to insist that either myself or Captain Magnus be present in an overseeing capacity at these teachings. Please do not be insulted, I do not doubt your ability, but it is my job to insure proper weapon handling and battlefield instruction. Seek me out this moon, before you start teaching any lesson.

Respectfully,

Squire Rione Arkanian
Drill Sergeant, Baronial Guard
Marshal of House Arkanian

• Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
02 Nov 2011 20:19 #3 by Pappy (Quan)
Replied by Pappy (Quan) on topic Baronial Training Session
Drill Sergeant,
Although I Agree with your suggestion I believe his invitation is to the people of Pendarvin with the permission of the Lord of said lands and extended to all who wish to attend; in which case consulting with the Sheriff or Captain would be a courtesy.
I want to believe he has the Baron's permission specifically to hold it in front of the manor house as well as to supersede the Royal Chain of command by organizing in the name of the Barony.

Honor in service, Loyal and Faithful of Character

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer
  • Ardentfyre
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 25
02 Nov 2011 22:12 #4 by Ardentfyre (Ardentfyre)
Replied by Ardentfyre (Ardentfyre) on topic Baronial Training Session
Squire Arkanian,

What Quan Liu states is correct, the Baron expressed his permission to me directly to utilize this field for Pendarvin's training sessions and due to it's central location others joined in the training. 

I have witnessed Captain Van Zandt's instruction myself and have been thoroughly impressed enough to appoint him to his aforementioned position as Captain of my Honor Guard.  I will concede to your wishes that no townspeople outside of my purview participate if you truly believe that there is harm in what my Captain is proposing, but those men that have sworn to me will have this training available to them at the time designated above.  Just in the single month that he has trained my men I have seen it's effect on the battlefield and I would like to continue it's progression. 

This was originally a private training, however we decided that it would be more productive with more willing and able men and women taking the field.  As my Captain stated, our wish was to make this public, so your insistence on attending is unnecessary, you are not only welcome, but I personally would like either yourself or Captain Magnus to be there so as to share your insight into the Travancian military scheme.  I will ask that any who attend that are not sworn to me sit aside until your arrival, but I would like to speak with you in person as well should time permit,  and I will do my best to make my Captain and I available.

Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
    Order of the White Fox
        Master of Defense of the Mages Guild

[hr]
Jonathon G.
Rules Officer
03 Nov 2011 18:58 #5 by Rione Arcanion (Rione Arcanion)
Replied by Rione Arcanion (Rione Arcanion) on topic Baronial Training Session
Lord Ardentfyre,

That is most gracious of you. You have my thanks for understanding my concern. As I said. I have no doubt your captain is an efficient instructor and it makes me very happy to hear that you have taken an interest in training your citizens to have a higher level of performance on the battlefield . I cannot speak for the Captain, but I know I am most excited to be there.
I will be at your disposal to discuss the details of this matter.
Once again, my thanks.

Squire Rione Arkanian
Drill Sergeant, Baronial Guard
01 Dec 2011 14:25 #6 by Archer Van Zandt (Archer Van Zandt)
Replied by Archer Van Zandt (Archer Van Zandt) on topic Baronial Training Session
People of Travance,

For all who are interested I will be holding our monthly training session at 3:30 on the Saturday of our december baronial feast. We will cover battle tactics and strategy as well as appropriate training for scouts and skirmishers. I hope to see you all there.

Sincerely,

• Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
01 Dec 2011 16:00 #7 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Baronial Training Session

We will cover battle tactics and strategy as well as appropriate training for scouts.

Sadly I will not be able to attend, as I have a very important decision to meditate over and this is the time I am unoccupied in my duties. However I am interested in learning these so if there is anyway we can discuss these at a different time then can we do so.

Send me a missive on when so I know to make sure my duties don't interfere with the time(s) you can set.

Thank You,

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
01 Dec 2011 16:30 #8 by Archer Van Zandt (Archer Van Zandt)
Replied by Archer Van Zandt (Archer Van Zandt) on topic Baronial Training Session
Caelven,
I would be happy to make time for you so that you do not miss out on valuable training. I will be available the entire feast so seek me out at your earliest convenience and we will talk.

-Archer

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.520 seconds