Faithful of the Light Rejoice!

• Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
10 Feb 2012 08:13 - 10 Feb 2012 08:18 #1 by Gallion (Gallion)
Faithful of the Light Rejoice! was created by Gallion (Gallion)
Faithful of the light rejoice, for on this 5th day of January 1212, the leaders of the high church of light in Loez have chosen a new High Pontiff of our faith. Cardinal Anaximander Hagan has been elevated to this high seat of our god, and has chosen the name of Artreus, after the archangel of Judgment. High Pontiff Artreus has issued the following statement to the faithful.

“Children of the light, it is with great sadness that I accept this burden that has been placed upon me. As your High Pontiff I refuse to wear the holy crown adorned with jewels, for my crown will be the halo of faith that has seen me through my life. I refuse to wear the vestments sewn of silk and adorned with threads of gold, for instead I will wear gods armor, as I always have in my heart, for it has kept me alive and has been all of the protection I have ever needed and ever will. I refuse to wield the scepter and staff of the High Pontiff, for these things will not help me remember that I am just a man. All of these unnecessary fetishes are being converted to coin and given to the poor.

I have chosen the name Artreus, after our archangel of Judgement, for the days of judgement have come upon us. We are led to it, and we must suffer it, for the good of our souls, but more importantly for the good of our faith.

I will serve the gods to facilitate the dismantling of the petty distractions that the gods of darkness slip into our path. If I awake one morning with mysterious illness or a dagger in my back, fear not, for all that happens is guided by the gods, and to my last breath I will do what I feel they are guiding me to do. The armor of god will protect me for as long as they do wish me to live on this world, and the day that I leave it, will be the day that they have called me home.

I ask all the faithful to walk with me in these beliefs. To serve your god, you need not hallow walls of stone and shallow trinkets of metal, nor do you need the misguided ink of man. Faith Alone is what you need in your life. Valos Alone, Grace Alone. Nothing else.

Purify yourself. Recognize your evil and repent, for none of you are free from sin. Scourge yourself if you must. Change is coming. Prepare your souls for it."

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 10 Feb 2012 08:18 by Gallion (Gallion).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.457 seconds