beware the spheres

05 Jun 2012 23:29 #1 by curt pantuso (Nyle M.)
beware the spheres was created by curt pantuso (Nyle M.)
It has come to my attention that a number of deep spore fungus have been spotted around the proper. For those that don't know the description they look like fist sized spheres of what appears to be fur. they appear quite harmless but are in fact very dangerous and contagious. Anyone who may have come into contact with them may find it in there best interest to find a healer as soon as they can. If they don't the fungus may take hold within them and begin to feed and multiply within there body. If any of these small hair covered spheres are spotted you must not touch them and report them to the nearest guard or person of notable knowledge.
Nyle M.

IG: Nyle M.

OOG curt pantuso
  • Seámus Aeislin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!
  • Thank Yous: 30
06 Jun 2012 00:10 #2 by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin)
Replied by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin) on topic beware the spheres
*NOT Seámus*

The nearest guard or person of great knowledge is all well and good... But as I found after being cured of these spores and finding more about the Inn, it is just as good to find a mage who studies fire magic. Even the simplest of my offensive fire magiks seemed to destroy all trace of these spores.

In summation... Guard is good. Scholars and druids are good. Fire mage is quicker and more fun to watch.

Latsho drom,
Boryev Solvei

IG:
Main - Sir Seámus Aeislin of the Clan MacInnes

Alt - Boryev Solvei, Baro of the Solvei Kampania
#bigtomdidnuffinwrong
OOG - Shane Johnson
Monster Marshal
06 Jun 2012 00:15 #3 by curt pantuso (Nyle M.)
Replied by curt pantuso (Nyle M.) on topic beware the spheres
yes a fire mage will work as well just be careful there is still a lot we don't know about these things.

IG: Nyle M.

OOG curt pantuso
06 Jun 2012 00:35 #4 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic beware the spheres
On Sunday, I saw a warlock decay one of these spores. I imagine a sufficiently talented enchanter could also destroy them.

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
  • Seámus Aeislin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!
  • Thank Yous: 30
06 Jun 2012 01:40 #5 by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin)
Replied by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin) on topic beware the spheres
Tobar,

I believe the Warlock decaying the spore may have been nothing but a fluke. I watched as my nephew tried to decay one such spore at our feet only to have it be unaffected. This was just before I tried burning it away and finding success. Useful as warlockery is, it would be best to simply burn it away as the fire will likely prevent any debris from the spores being dispersed... Come to think of it, I'd be wary of simply blasting them... That might just spread them faster as the pieces scatter upon being destroyed.

- Boryev Solvei

IG:
Main - Sir Seámus Aeislin of the Clan MacInnes

Alt - Boryev Solvei, Baro of the Solvei Kampania
#bigtomdidnuffinwrong
OOG - Shane Johnson
Monster Marshal
06 Jun 2012 06:59 #6 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic beware the spheres
I am surprised to hear more sprouted up after my departure.

Please, anyone who has touched these spores or was in the direct vicinity when they were burned, try and find a healer or physician soon. Until then, I would suggest having little contact with others. If you have a friend who does not read, it's best to inform them as well, just in case.

If you already have been cured, please let me know how and who did it so I can find out what your symptoms were.

Does anyone know where these spores came from? I only have vague information about a sick man and the blanket he was in.

-Dr. Ilana Darkwood

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
06 Jun 2012 07:25 - 06 Jun 2012 07:26 #7 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic beware the spheres
Da. I can tell you I'm not feeling so well after mistaking one of these for a bit of rabbit's fur. Also, Boryev, you are going to make a fine fire mage.

-Carlotta OZ

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
Last edit: 06 Jun 2012 07:26 by Josephine (mferro54).
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
06 Jun 2012 12:26 - 06 Jun 2012 12:27 #8 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic beware the spheres
In summary from what I was told and found out the morning of Sunday, as well as from my experience with these things.

-These puff ball looking things are actually spores that do great harm.
-The effects of this poison is that it consumes you, and makes you want to spread more of this disease.
-In my experience of these spores, a Physician and Healer would have very little success of getting rid of this disease.
-If you came into contact with any of these puff balls, please seek out a Druid that is capable of restoring your body. It is a fourth rank Druid spell from the Vitality domain. The Physicians of Selendrias were unable to cure this disease, I can not stress this enough. ONLY THE DRUIDS IN SELENDRIAS WERE ABLE TO CURE THIS POISON OUT OF PEOPLE.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 06 Jun 2012 12:27 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
06 Jun 2012 12:40 #9 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic beware the spheres
Subjects of Travance,

Take a moment please to relax. Allow us to compile our knowledge, for no disease spreads faster or is more deadly than panic.

- The spores appear to spheres coated in fur.
- The disease appears to mimic the similar disease known as Kuru in its earliest contractions
- Physical contact with a spore or seriously infected individual can cause the spread.
- There appears to be an incubation period of unknown duration, during this duration it has been reported that the Druidic ability to grant Restoration as well as the Divine ability to Restore have had success in dealing with the earliest stages.
- This is a Disease and not a Poison. Please do not become confused and seek incorrect aid.
- Through the use of fire, these spores can be eradicated.

I request that anybody who has come in contact with this disease in any capacity, including handling the deceased or any creatures spawned from this affliction, or engaging in combat with anybody infected contact me immediately. Include a report of what was done with the body, if you were seen to by a Physician or if you received one of the aforementioned cures, and if you did then please include who administered the cure to you.

In Service,
Squire Lucas Brand of Pendarvin

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
06 Jun 2012 13:05 #10 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic beware the spheres
Wonderful...I believe I may have been around one while some people outside the inn were handling this issue. I don't know that I touched any infected people or objects, though. Who can I approach to have myself checked for this disease and what symptoms may I witness?

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
06 Jun 2012 13:08 #11 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic beware the spheres
Lorelai,

Please submit yourself to a Physician at your earliest availability. Currently according to Ilana Darkwood, the symptoms mimic Kuru which begins to deteriorate the basic motor functions of the body. People develop a stammer, tick, headaches, may find it impossible at times to stand or utilize their dominate hand, and are prone to fainting.

To the Physicians in Town,

Moving forward, at the request of myself, please be sure to utilize proper equipment when dealing with the injured or sickly. Gloves and Masks at the very least.

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Maxwell
  • Thank Yous: 8
06 Jun 2012 15:31 #12 by Maxwell (Maxwell)
Replied by Maxwell (Maxwell) on topic beware the spheres
The initial introduction of this spore to trance seems to have come from followers Glomm.
This spore may have been intentionally developed or simply found and used to advance their goals.

The effects of infection do appear very similar to Kuru but is distinguishable with careful examination.

Any physician should be able to detect this contagion just be sure to look more closely with care if a case of Kuru appears to have been detected.

It is important not to discount any particular treatment or effects out of hand. As this contagion is new and its level of adaptability has not yet been established.

Subjects suffering from advanced stages can be particularly dangerous. The one subject seen at the most advanced stage was driven to frenzy and shot off large quantities of these spores as they fought and even emitted forth a cloud of spores covering an area of approximately 10 feet in radius.

When the subject was felled after a brief period the subject’s body rapidly started to sprout “fuzzy spheres” and within mints these spheres were shooting spores clusters in to the air. This spread was containable with a heavy cloth.

Inviolate Form and any other forms of disease resistance as well as evasion and dodging of direct contact with the spores is effective at avoiding infection.

This situation calls for not fear but diligence and care. The threats of disease are always about, but this land has faced and overcome worse plagues in the past. And with the help and efforts of the fine heroes of Travance this nuisance will be overcome as well.

Dr. Maxwell
High Surgeon of Travance

Sir Dr. Simon Maxwell
Knight of Kormyre
High Surgeon of Travance

--
OOG:
Benjamin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moirya (Moirya)
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
06 Jun 2012 18:42 #13 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic beware the spheres
I would like to ask everyone who is working on this problem to keep me in the loop. I am eager to help deal with it. My thanks.

-Carlotta OZ

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
06 Jun 2012 19:02 #14 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic beware the spheres
*not Elric*

I would also like to suggest that anyone who has been infected submit themselves for study, so that the physicians may find ways to contain the spread, and prevent others from becoming infected.

Viktor Solvei

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • Maxwell
  • Thank Yous: 8
08 Jun 2012 00:47 #15 by Maxwell (Maxwell)
Replied by Maxwell (Maxwell) on topic beware the spheres
As point of clarity the spores have shown to be neither Magical nor Divine in nature, but are rather a natural though dangerous fungus.

Dr. Maxwell
High Surgeon of Travance

Sir Dr. Simon Maxwell
Knight of Kormyre
High Surgeon of Travance

--
OOG:
Benjamin
  • Gwynedd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 17
08 Jun 2012 10:20 #16 by Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
Replied by Gwynedd (Gwynedd) on topic beware the spheres
Dear Dr. Maxwell,

Could you help me catch up to speed these spheres? I would like to help figure out a cure!

Thank you so much!!

In Light and with Love,

Gwynedd

Gwynedd
OOG: Suzi Shaffer

What do you need of me?
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.608 seconds