Food at June's Market Faire

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
07 Jun 2012 16:30 #1 by geezer (geezer)
Food at June's Market Faire was created by geezer (geezer)
Starting in June, the Dragon's Claw Kitchen will be serving lunch during Market Faire. The various cooks will rotate, providing a simple, hearty meal, easily affordable by all of Travance's residents.

The menu for June will consist of:

Wurst (from the Nathan family of the Rabbit Islands) on a roll
or
Hamburger/cheeseburger on a roll
Both with Potato salad

Condiments - Ketchup, mustard, sweet relish, and raw onion

Cost 1 1/2 gold
As a lunch special, with any two platters a bottle of wine will cost 1 gold.
Reserve will cost 1 1/2 gold.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na)
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
07 Jun 2012 16:33 #2 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
Howdy!

For those of us who ain't meat eaters, how much would it be for just potato salad?

Bartholomew "Bat" Cooper

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Jun 2012 17:49 - 07 Jun 2012 18:34 #3 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
The Soulless, as Dr. West describes such, will have the option of potato salad (a generous helping for 5 silver) and a grilled cheese sandwich, for an additional gold.
Cheeses will be Korymirian, with maybe some cheddar or brie. I will provide 5 such

Before anyone inquires, bacon grilled cheese sandwiches will not be offered in June.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

Last edit: 07 Jun 2012 18:34 by Aleister (Aleister).
  • Aria
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 215
07 Jun 2012 18:40 #4 by Aria (Aria)
Replied by Aria (Aria) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
This is a wonderful idea thank you to the wonderful chefs of the inn to offer us a hearty meal to keep us strong. I will certainly be taking full advantage. Thank you to whoever came up with this idea.

Dame Tari Zhafirah Stonebar Deldragon of the Order of the Sagewardens
Dean of Arcane Studies of the Darkwood Acadamy of the Metaphysical Arts

Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure....
  • Josephine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • You're welcome.
  • Thank Yous: 64
08 Jun 2012 07:08 #5 by Josephine (mferro54)
Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
Thank you!!

-Carlotta OZ

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
Carlotta OZ
OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
08 Jun 2012 08:16 #6 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
I have to say that these prices are a right bit ridiculous. 5 silver for salad, master Haroldson? That sum could have fed my daughter and I for nearly two weeks, three square, Perhaps more. "Easily affordable by all of Travance's residents", my foot!

--Lawrence Starling

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
08 Jun 2012 08:37 #7 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
Mr. Starling,

I'd be more then happy to allow you into the kitchen for an hour of work in order to earn the money for lunch. If you didn't already know, the kitchen pays well and all are welcome to come and help us. It sounds like you've had the unfortunate path of empty pockets. Come to the kitchen in the Dragon's Claw so that we might remedy this. Without the gracious workers who come into the kitchen and the inn periodically, us poor kitchen folk have to do things like wash dishes or set up feast all by ourselves when we're just itching for the oppurtunity to fill someone's pockets with gold in trade for their help.

~Zafrin~

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
08 Jun 2012 08:52 #8 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
My Lady Zafrin,
Please do no mistake my words saying that I am ignorant. My stumble was over the idea that such prices were 'affordable to all of Travance's residents' I have lived here a long time. I happen to know that us common farm folk do not make enough, even when harvests are good, which with all that terrorizes the lands is rare, to afford this.
I also mean no offense, just protest. Also, do no get me wrong. I worked hard two months ago in the kitchens of the Dragon's Claw, and I still be wobbling under the shock of payment.

--Lawrence Starling

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
  • Matthias
  • Thank Yous: 7
08 Jun 2012 09:07 #9 by Matthias (Matthias)
Replied by Matthias (Matthias) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
Mr. Starling,

While I can see your point, and that perhaps the use of "all of Travance's residents" was not entirely accurate, I am not seeing great cause for distress or complaint. There are a good number of residents in Travance, particularly in the Proper, who have had access to a fair bit of coin, no small part of it likely earned in defending the land.

But what of it? Is it not the way of things? I have my place in the world, as a subject of the realm and the kingdom. I do not lord whatever meager station I may have above those with less, and I most certainly do not begrudge my betters for what they have and hold by right.

Matthias Bell

OOG: Nicholas B.
  • Rudolf
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 140
08 Jun 2012 09:22 #10 by Rudolf (Rudolf)
Replied by Rudolf (Rudolf) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
Mr. Starling,

While its accommodations are not up to that of the Dragon's Claw Inn, the Bloody Stump Tavern is an alternative for less expensive fare.

Sincerely,

Lord Rudolf Von Kreutzdorf of Ostcliff
Golden Rose Trading Company
OOG - Larry Wile (Marshal)
  • rivanyasi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Opportunity lets you find, Skill lets you procure.
  • Thank Yous: 42
08 Jun 2012 10:55 #11 by rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
Replied by rivanyasi (rivanyasi) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
*Not Na'ar*

To all concerned,

I think this may be part of problem we are having with common folk, you know, ones who are not in town always working at Inn and places around. Friday night, I think this was, I was playing some cards with friends when people come into Inn and demand we go out and fight to save their farm. They accuse us of being lazy heroes, but when we tell them we are not heroes, but offer them money to fix their farm, they laugh and say they need the farm more than they need the money, and that the barony already offered to cover their costs.

Perhaps the people do need food they make themselves more than they need to be fed by people with full pockets.

~ Ori Polyakov Moroz

Na'ar Chacov, Soul of the Stars.

Ayiri Amexis, Sorceress' Apprentice.
Lupta Tamasa, Torn and Blackened.

OOG: Riva A.
  • Doug E
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 5
08 Jun 2012 13:00 #12 by Doug E (Dougal Mcmutton)
Replied by Doug E (Dougal Mcmutton) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
Lawrence,

Seek me out in the Pendarvin state house should you wish to learn a proper trade. Hammering iron isn't easy but you will find it more rewarding than most other simple tasks. If you end up being worth your weight around the forge I can even teach you more advanced techniques.

Same goes for the lot of you.

-Sir Dougal McMutton, The Spell-Breaker

OOG: Doug E
Storyteller/Rules Marshal
  • brik
  • whatever
  • Thank Yous: 14
08 Jun 2012 13:37 - 08 Jun 2012 13:37 #13 by brik (sonya)
Replied by brik (sonya) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
MISTER POLYAKOV MOROZ,

I FIND YOUR INSINUATION THAT US “COMMON FOLK” ARE A PROBLEM QUITE DISTURBING. WHERE DO YOU THINK THE FOOD YOU EAT COMES FROM? ARE YOU MAGICKING IT INTO EXISTENCE? ARE YOU A WITCH MISTER MOROZ? WELL ASSUMING THAT YOU ARE NOT, THESE FARMS ARE ESSENTIAL TO NOT ONLY YOUR PERSONAL WELL-BEING, BUT THE ENTIRE TOWN’S AS WELL. UNLESS YOU DO NOT NEED TO EAT, IN WHICH CASE I GUESS YOU ARE PROBABLY A WITCH AFTER ALL. MONEY IS NOT HELPFUL WHEN THE FARM IS ALREADY BURNED TO THE GROUND AND THE CROPS RUINED. I RAISE SHEEP FOR A LIVING AND EVEN I KNOW THAT.

SINCERELY YOURS,
CECILIA CHORROL

PS. YOUR NAME IS TOO HARD TO SPELL PLEASE CONSIDER SELECTING A NEW ONE FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF THE COMMON FOLK.

oog - sonya m.
Last edit: 08 Jun 2012 13:37 by brik (sonya).
  • Matthias
  • Thank Yous: 7
08 Jun 2012 14:03 #14 by Matthias (Matthias)
Replied by Matthias (Matthias) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
Is common folk an insult in Travance? The customs here are a little different from the Vorllorne. I think we have strayed far from the intent of the initial proclamation though.

Matthias Bell
Common folk

OOG: Nicholas B.
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
08 Jun 2012 15:46 #15 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
Some base figures, for anyone who does business in the Barony. I may not have the financial finesse of the Chancelor of Trade, but I do have a fair amount of experience as a tradesman.

The beginning merchant, just learning their trade, can bring in a profit of about one to two gold a month on their wares or services.

An expert in their trade can bring in approximately twenty gold a month in goods or services.

These values are based on several factors, including the cost of goods and services from the Kingdom of Koromyre, of which we are a part, and the assumption that a person only follows one trade. It is possible for a person to possess more than one trade, and practice them all, in which case they will produce more income.

Barter is also assumed. As a blacksmith, I will always take food and clothing as payment for my services. Similarly, our merchants have taken my ironwork and jewelry in compensation for wares.

Keep in mind that this is what the average citizen of Koromyre deals with on a month to month basis. Travance is, as Lord Dragonsong once said, a place of exceptions. Wealth is sometimes discovered en masse, which unbalances the economy for specific individuals as they come into it. Sorcerers and the like can charge hundreds of gold for a single service. And the time and effort to practice being a Warrior, Mage, or other profession with a higher chance of survival in Travance takes away from the ability to practice a more traditional trade.

If you wish to have a steady income that can be sold, traded, or otherwise utilized without relying on adventure and fortune, obtaining a traditional trade is your best bet, with the profits noted above. Even the average farmer in the outskirts of Travance has a trade and produces an income, although it may not be in direct coin, gems, and other "treasure."

I echo Sir Dougal's words - I strongly encourage everyone to take up some form of trade beyond with a sword or spell, and find a sustainable way to support themselves. It is rare that a merchant will turn away goods for barter, and if they do, I am sure the Barony or Lords would be more than willing to purchase your wares for coin, so that they may support their vassals.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Jun 2012 16:37 #16 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
The Dragon's Claw Inn has taken, and will continue to take as payment any of the following:

Raw or finished food products
Clothing (amazing how much clothing one goes through when strangers continuously attempt to shove sharp objects into one's body)
Artwork, plain and rare
Tables and chairs (we seem to have more attendees at our Baronial Feasts), cabinets, bookshelves, etc..

Gems of all sizes
Gold
Silver
Essences

Bars of metal and ores
Baronial Notes of Obligation

If the consumer seeks me, I will also arrange to purchase diverse unusual items one may have come across, such as components used by the Church and Sorcerers.

Last, as many others have said, we will always feed a person who is willing to work in the kitchen, while at the same time noting her service to the Barony.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

• Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
08 Jun 2012 19:38 #17 by Pappy (Quan)
Replied by Pappy (Quan) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
Never in all of my days have I've seen such a fuss over the exchange of goods and services... Subjects of Travance please come enjoy the precious good moment that is shared in a meal bring in trade whatever legitamate goods you have and I promise you will not go hungry, as an added measrure of cheer Headmaster Shen will pay for your first mug of ale... I'm sure that Master Kane will not mind if I extend this courtesy on behalf of the Dragon Claw.

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na), Nadya (LGwilson08)
  • Kuo Kun
  • Thank Yous: 34
08 Jun 2012 23:33 #18 by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun)
Replied by Kuo Kun (Kuo Kun) on topic Food at June's Market Faire
If I can find enough of them, I may be making rats on a stick. I hope this doesn't bother the people who put up the signs of late, as I cannot say that mine are in any way related to those.

Kuo Kun
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.618 seconds