Scouting Report - Winterdark

• Damien
  • Thank Yous: 145
19 Jul 2012 15:30 - 19 Jul 2012 15:30 #1 by Damien (Damien)
Scouting Report - Winterdark was created by Damien (Damien)

Citizens of Travance and those who would fight for land and crown,

I have been given permission from General Harrison to share with you my report and findings on what I have uncovered of the goblinoid activities.

Initial reports have shown small goblinoid strike forces have been slipping through Kaladonia via the Aris River. I was able to track the goblinoid strike teams to a goblin encampment just South West of Cyrit in Dreg'mire. It seems it was once a small goblin village no more then a few months old, but the Gaaldron forces have since taken it over, enslaved the goblins, and are using it as war camp. The war camp seems to be lead by a Hobgoblin who has ogres with rotted purple 'X's across their faces as his personal guard, similar to the ogres mentioned in other reports.

I gathered from the hobgoblin leader that Gaaldron has come to realize that a major reason for their failure in previous assaults is the lack of allies. A mistake they seem to be attempting to remedy. Further, the hobgoblin admitted that the continued frontal assaults of the past were not fruitful. As such, the Gaaldron forces are employing new tactics, most importantly, staging forces in key positions to out flank Travance when the assault ensues. The hobgoblin leader eluded to the fact that there's is not be the only front they will attack from. The army seems to report to a General Hograk's, and are awaiting Hograk's 'signal' to begin the assault. Until such time, they are solidifying their position. Once they take Travance the Gaaldron forces will use Travance as a staging ground for the full assault on Korymire.

Based on the precautions I have taken the enemy is currently unaware of the fact that we are in possession of this information.

The delegation from Winterdark stands ready to aid and defend Travance and it's people in this time of impending war.

With kindest respect,
In service to King Aleric of Kormyre,
Loyal servant of Count Sebastian Everest of Winterdark, Earl of the Marches,

Sir Victor Sylus,
Knight of Winterdark, Shadow of the Dragon

[hr]
Victor Sylus, Baron of Travance
OOG: Damien A.
Last edit: 19 Jul 2012 15:30 by Damien (Damien).
19 Jul 2012 16:02 #2 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic Scouting Report - Winterdark
"Based on the precautions I have taken the enemy is currently unaware of the fact that we are in possession of this information."

At least they were, until you posted it on the wall of the inn. Since New Gaalsron likely has spies just as Travance does, you should probably remove your post. That suggestion goes for all the other townsfolk who have also written out their pre-war plans and preperations. Just a thought.

DoKanen

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
  • Damien
19 Jul 2012 16:25 - 19 Jul 2012 16:26 #3 by Damien (Damien)
Replied by Damien (Damien) on topic Scouting Report - Winterdark
Draknar,

Please note, that I not only post this for all to read so as to be informationed, but at the instruction and order of General Harrison only after having reported to him directly. I would recommend any and all concerns you might have with his orders be taken up with the General directly.

- Sir Victor Sylus

[hr]
Last edit: 19 Jul 2012 16:26 by Damien (Damien).
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
19 Jul 2012 17:55 #4 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Scouting Report - Winterdark
If anyone else has gone scouting, please send me a missive of your findings. I'm compiling a report along with what my group discovered to bring to the feast.

~Zafrin~

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
20 Jul 2012 22:13 #5 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic Scouting Report - Winterdark
Frankly, it is no concern of mine whether you heed my advice or not, it just seems a bit silly to me to be posting sensitive information to the side of a building if your goal is secrecy.

DoKanen

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
20 Jul 2012 22:42 #6 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic Scouting Report - Winterdark
People of Travance,

Many of you would look at the color of my skin and question my loyalty to Kormyre. That is your right, and I understand because I realize this kingdom's experience with my kind. However, anyone who has met me and spoken with me for any length of time knows there's one thing about me that can never be questioned: my hatred of the Empire of Gaaldron. And now they have given me even more reason for those feelings.

That small goblin village that has been taken over and enslaved by Gaaldron's forces, is called Sharpthorn Holdings. It is the home of my small clan of goblinoids that have been working for the past two years to make a home for themselves in this land, to cooperate with this land, and to live in peace with the rest of Travance. Many of you have helped my village grow over the months, by sending aid and supplies, teaching my clan members valuable trade skills, and helping instill faith in themselves. Some of you, when faced with raiding goblins, have told them the possibility of a better life exists in my clan and sent them in my direction. Most of those goblins have themselves become valued members of my clan.

And now my clan, those goblins that only want to live in peace, and that seek to be true citizens of Travance and the kingdom of Kormyre, are being held by a hostile force. This General Hograk, who many of us fought last Feast, sees them as only another tool in the Empire's war against us, as expendable fodder. The forces of Gaaldron have enslaved the Sharpthorn Clan, and I intend to reclaim them.

For the last week I have been here in the Proper, assisting Master Weaveforger and the other smiths prepare for this war, and so Sir Sylus' report was the first I had heard of my clan's fate. Also, on a personal note, since seeing this news, I have not received any word of my wife, Iz'tel, or any of our twelve children, the oldest of which is barely over a year. I will be leaving soon to reclaim my clan and family. I would ask that anyone who wishes to assist, please send me a private missive in the Drega'Mire stateroom upstairs in the Dragon's Claw Inn. Do not post here pledging your support, since, as Draknar Do'Kanen said, I'm sure Gaaldron has spies in the Proper reading these missives, and I don't want them to know what to expect.

And finally, to those spies that I'm sure are going to read this and bring it to your masters. My father was the first hobgoblin I ever killed, but he wasn't the last. And for every member of my clan that is harmed because of your senseless war on the kingdom of Kormyre, I will send one of you green pointy-eared bastards to face Galadel's Judgement.

In the name of King Aleric of Kormyre
Under the purview of Count Sebastian Everest of Winterdark, Earl of the Marches
And in service to Travance

I am Chieftain Winks Sharpthorn, Squire of Drega'Mire
And I am coming for you

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Damien
20 Jul 2012 23:00 - 20 Jul 2012 23:00 #7 by Damien (Damien)
Replied by Damien (Damien) on topic Scouting Report - Winterdark
Draknar, Squire Sharpthorn, and people of Travance,

I would like to set your minds at ease on this eve. I have and continue to be in contact with General Harrison. The General has assured me, beyond a reason of a doubt, that there are no Gaaldron spies in the area and that the information posted here is safe. Your concern is well placed, and your vigilance is admirable, however that level of secrecy is not necessary per the General. Quite the opposite, he wishes for all people who would defend crown and country to share what intelligence they have here so that we all might be armed with this knowledge.

There are those of you I have known for many years, and it is to you that ask for you to place trust in General Harrison. It is his forces and the Travancian people that are all that stand from a Gaaldronian assault on all of Korymire. Now is not the time to squabble amongst one another. Now is the time to play your part, not just for crown, or land, but for your lives and the lives of our children.

With kindest respect,
In service to King Aleric of Kormyre,
Loyal servant of Count Sebastian Everest of Winterdark, Earl of the Marches,

Sir Victor Sylus,
Knight of Winterdark, Shadow of the Dragon

[hr]
Last edit: 20 Jul 2012 23:00 by Damien (Damien).
21 Jul 2012 23:09 #8 by Cedric Moss (mastermike)
Replied by Cedric Moss (mastermike) on topic Scouting Report - Winterdark
Sir Sylus,

Please do not take this as a show if disrespect, as I do not mean it as such, and mean you only the utmost respect. However, they would not be worthy of the title spy if General Harrison knew of their activities within our lands.

"If I heal you every time this happens, how then will you ever learn to properly choose your battles? Come see me after the clotting begins. That way I'll know you had enough time to think on how to better handle yourself the next time you get angry."

Cedric Moss
Healer, Mage, and Vassal to Alisandria

OOG: Mike Lamkins
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
21 Jul 2012 23:27 - 21 Jul 2012 23:29 #9 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Scouting Report - Winterdark
Because you do not see my guards, does not mean they are not watching.
Do not doubt your leaders. They are your leaders for a reason.

For King and Country,
General Joshua Harrison
Loez Royal Guard.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 21 Jul 2012 23:29 by Aleister (Aleister).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
22 Jul 2012 15:48 #10 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic Scouting Report - Winterdark
General Harrison, Sir Sylus,

I have taken the last two days to prepare, and in that time, I have calmed considerably. My words were extremely heated, and at the time, I actually WANTED any Gaaldron spies to see that missive. My determination to rescue my family and clan has not lessened, but I realized that going off half-prepared and irrationally angry would only result in failure.

You tell me there are no spies, and as my superiors I will take you at your words. I still intend to leave soon to strike at the occupiers of my Holdings. I will go alone if need be, but judging from the missives I received so far that will not be necessary. I would not presume to demand anything from either of you, but any more information about extra fortifications the occupiers have erected or what sort of patrols they run would be extremely helpful. Obviously I know more about the Holdings themselves, but I would not be surprised if the Gaaldron forces had erected new defenses.

And on a much more personal note: If anyone hears any word of my wife and children, please bring it to me immediately.

For King and Country
Chieftain Winks Sharpthorn, Squire of Drega'Mire

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
23 Jul 2012 11:41 #11 by THENPC (THENPC)
Replied by THENPC (THENPC) on topic Scouting Report - Winterdark
With all due respect, General, I am certain that Sir Sylus overheard the Gaalderon generals tell their troops the same thing even while he was among them. I know I certainly have when I have gone on similar missions in the past. In those cases, such hubris on the parts of our enemies led to Travancian victory.

Leaders are chosen for a reason, but no leader is infallible. If they were, then wars wouldn't be such back-and-forth affairs. This is not a call for the information that has been shared to be removed. More than many do I understand the value widespread information. Neither is this a call for the subjects of Travance to question or doubt their leadership. Rather consider it one of those leaders cautioning all of us, regardless of rank, to never underestimate a foe, and never let our hubris become the lack of vigilance which leads to our downfall.

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
24 Jul 2012 12:59 - 24 Jul 2012 13:01 #12 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Scouting Report - Winterdark
Subjects of Travance,

The need for secrecy, while understandable, is an acceptable casualty. We need our people to be as well informed as possible, from our top generals, down to our non-armed common folk. If there are spies in out midst then so be it, in fact I'm sure its even likely despite our intelligence, and if they are among us, then they have our intelligence whether they are posted for all to see or not. We will be at open war soon enough and all that will matter is blade against blade and we must prepare to meet these monsters head on and remove them from the very earth that they pollute.

We will not publicly bicker about tactics and methods of war, to do so only forces those who look to question out capabilities and reduce thier personal moral. This borderlines emboldening the enemy and treason. Instead you must unite your efforts and stand solid against this threat, arms locked, with a refusal to waiver in the face of darkness.

Our war tents have been erected, and our banners now fly high around them. All magics upon the Baronial Manor have been removed and by my decree, non will be placed upon it under penalty of death. The Baronial Manor will serve as a haven for those seek shelter from pursute to run to. A common man must feel comfortable that they can enter the building and stand a chance behind its walls and not slam into some invisible barrier and be slaughter outside the door.

Those who are able bodied and battle ready should consider sleeping within the Baronial Manors walls this moon to aid in its protection and the protection of the war camp outside its doors. Ready yourselves and renew your resolve, within the week much blood will be shed, make it mostly theres!

By My Will Be Done,
Count Sebastian Everest of Winterdark
Earl of the Marches

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Last edit: 24 Jul 2012 13:01 by Gallion (Gallion).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na), Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
  • THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
25 Jul 2012 11:12 #13 by THENPC (THENPC)
Replied by THENPC (THENPC) on topic Scouting Report - Winterdark
Thank you, Your Grace. I am pleased to see we are on the same proverbial page of this issue.

I will be staying near enough to the Baron's Manor to rally a vanguard to rout any assault on the war camp from the flank.

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.566 seconds