The Bloody Stump Tavern

27 Aug 2012 12:55 - 27 Aug 2012 12:58 #1 by Hector Tiberius St.Clair (Hector St.Clair )
The Bloody Stump Tavern was created by Hector Tiberius St.Clair (Hector St.Clair )

Gents... Ladies... 'Tis lucky I am to be standing here afore ye today. Two months ago, almost to the day, me ship The Bloody Rag was attacked and sunk by a Ship with Black Sails commanded by the dead. I am old & the days of high adventure are behind me now, so I have taken up the trade of being a bar keep. If you are looking for a good time then come down to the Bloody Stump Tavern!

I will share with you all that I have learned over my many years. I shall tell you a tale that will curl your toenails and make your hair turn white... drink eat fight! When are we open??? TO hell with set hours we are always open especially when we are closed! The stump is not just a place to get food, if you want that go to the shack on the hill. Its a place to live it up! Come for the entertainment & come to be apart of that entertainment! Whats on the menu Hector? they say ...La dee da this is not a fancy lords manor its a dirty shank you in the dark tavern! You eat what we cook who knows what it might be.

Come sing the songs of Travance's heroes!
Drink let off the heat in your hart!
Brake a few chairs over the heads of your friends.
Spend coin like this is the last day you have.
Live life to the fullest!

Sincerely & will best regards

Hector Tiberius St.Clair
Blaggard of the Stump
Chief Drunk of Ravenhurts retired
Bartender to the best of the lowest Sorts !

P.S. stands for Ooops I forgot to say.... almost lost my pay for the moon...

Fighting against hags got you down? Need a pick me up after that rough encounter with a beholder? Then come on down to The Bloody Stump Tavern where the only thing we’ll be cutting off is your hunger and thirst. We slash prices to the bone for your business.The proprietors of this establishment have moved this tavern brick by brick from Tarthan. Serving exotic hot meals and cold drinks, providing the services of the very finest ladies of the evening, as well as more gambling than you can shake your money pouch at!
Coast Haveners welcomed in this establishment. Sea Shanties sung nightly.
Join us for drinks, food, entertainment, and gambling! The merriment will roll like heads!

About the Bloody Stump Tavern

The Bloody Stump Tavern's history dates back to approximately 920. Its name sake comes from a farmer who did not heed the advice of the local druids, who warned him not to chop down the elder tree on his property. Ignoring them, the farmer chopped the tree down. When it fell, blood gushed from the stump as if he had slain hundreds of men. when all was said and done, the farmer lay dead.

The stump and its roots make up the tavern's base. on cold winter nights, some say you can here the screams of the farmer in his everlasting torment. The Stump was originally used as a toll house for the ferry that crossed the river between Lake Trallon & Tarthan. The building was later listed as a salt store on a historic map of the area dated 1098. Over the years the building had many other uses including being used as one of Tarthan's jails. In its more recent history the stump fell on harder times & was abandoned for around 4 years until the White Lotus trade company purchased the building and used it as a trade office. Ming Na then ordered it to be moved to Travance. The proprietors of this establishment arranged to have this tavern moved brick by brick from Tarthan. Now, almost 300 years later, it is the home of one of the shining gems of Travance!

NOTE - ALL FOOD IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!!!

We have limited food storage, there is nothing that can be reserved. Thanks for your understanding.

Blaggard of The Bloody Stump
Chief Drunk of Ravenhurt now retired
Tall Tails to Order
Watering down drinks sense 1176
Bartender to the best of the Lowest Sorts !

"You can pay me now, or pay me later but ether way we will settle up in the end."

Vassal to anyone who wants a drunk for a subject
OOG- Dan Gill
Alt PC
Last edit: 27 Aug 2012 12:58 by Hector Tiberius St.Clair (Hector St.Clair ).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice), Alatariel Elensar (alatariel)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
27 Aug 2012 13:48 #2 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic The Bloody Stump Tavern
Hold on I am sorry but did you say a ship with black sails commanded by the dead? I hope I can meet you hector and you can tell me more about this ship if it is not to much trouble.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hector Tiberius St.Clair (Hector St.Clair )
27 Aug 2012 14:01 #3 by Hector Tiberius St.Clair (Hector St.Clair )
Replied by Hector Tiberius St.Clair (Hector St.Clair ) on topic The Bloody Stump Tavern
Yar, I seen a ship with black sails that's crewed by the damned, and captained by a man so evil that Hell itself spat him back out. I have herd tales that a feet of ships set sail from the islands of seven lore to wage war. I would be happy to tell a few tales so long as the drinks flow and coin drops into my till. O expect from now on bar fights nightly at the stump....might as well give the town some place to let loose!

I will be happy to dependence wisdom such as but not limited too:

A friend can betray you, but an enemy will always stay the same.
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.
If ye can't trust a pirate, ye damn well can't trust a merchant either.
Take what you can, give nothing back.
If ye thinks he be ready to sail a beauty, ye better be willin' to sink with her.
There comes a time in most men's lives where they feel the need to raise the Black Flag.
It is when pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.
The existence of the sea means the existence of pirates.

I leave you for now with this rattling around in your skull...

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, A poet, a pawn and a king of drunks; I've been up and down and over and out, And I know one thing; Each time I find myself flat on my face, I pick myself up and get back in the race.

Tall Tails to Order

"You can pay me now, or pay me later but ether way we will settle up in the end."

OOG- Dan Gill
Alt PC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack (Keeperofdice)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
27 Aug 2012 14:58 #4 by Chesta (Kevin)
I will meet you at the stump this coming moon if your there and will personally buy you a drink if you answer my questions about this ship.

27 Aug 2012 15:25 #5 by Hector Tiberius St.Clair (Hector St.Clair )
Replied by Hector Tiberius St.Clair (Hector St.Clair ) on topic The Bloody Stump Tavern
Master Strong, make no mistake I would love to share a drink or seven, but I do not know much more other then what I have already stated mate. Tho I know more then my fair share of old sea legends. In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life mate..... it goes on.

Tall Tails to Order

OOG- Dan Gill
Alt PC
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
27 Aug 2012 15:45 #6 by Chesta (Kevin)
You have peeked my curiousity with this ship and I will meet you at the bloody stump. We can continue this conversation there when we can speak more freely.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
27 Aug 2012 16:01 #7 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic The Bloody Stump Tavern
I can tell you now that I have heard of this ship, however; I do doubt the validity of this legend... But that is a discussion for later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.477 seconds