Fox Hunters

04 Sep 2012 16:47 #1 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Fox Hunters was created by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
I heard rumor someone has been out hunting foxes in the dead of night. While I can't dissuade you from doing so, it saddens me to learn that such beautiful and clever creatures are being killed for sport and the coin of that can be made from their fur.

To these hunters I'd like to make a small and humble offer- instead of killing these foxes, if you capture them and give them to me unharmed, I'll make a small gift to you to compensate your effort and for exercising your compassion.

Sincerely,
Bolton

Eli
RP Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na), Rane (Sammyelf), Ming Na (Ming Na), Uhtred (Erich Lutz)
05 Sep 2012 00:30 #2 by Fearghal Ull Uidhir (Zurgathol)
Replied by Fearghal Ull Uidhir (Zurgathol) on topic Fox Hunters
I wasn't aware the population was in such distress...

They make such great sport, sadly they fail to cook well...

What do you intend to do with them? Surely if you release them a cleverer man might merely hunt and return the same fox to you?

- Fear'ghal Ull Uidhir

(OOG NAME) Charles Ferris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
05 Sep 2012 17:00 #3 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic Fox Hunters
As much as I would adore keeping one for a pet as a lap fox, I think the best course of action once you gather the foxes would be to bring them to Lady Elawyn. She might know a safe place for them to be released or taken care of.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
05 Sep 2012 23:32 - 05 Sep 2012 23:43 #4 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic Fox Hunters
Fear'gall, imagine for a moment, the sound of baying hounds behind you, the snap of vicious teeth at your heels, and the vice-like grip of mortal terror as it clutches at your palpating heart, pumping ice through your veins even as you plummet through the darkest reaches of night.

While I'm able to articulate it, I can't imagine the sort of suffering that foxes caught in this sort of sport endure for a hunter's amusement. It is no activity I would engage in, but then again, there is nothing I can do to stop you from hunting and murdering these innocent animals in their homes, and while you raise a good point in that a clever hunter can capture the same released fox multiple times, I gain two things by the experience:

1) I learn the measure of the man.
2) I am still able to use the gifts fortune has blessed me with to save an innocent life.

Perhaps that is a price some would be unwilling to pay, but to me, its more than worth it.

Aemorniel, as always you are full of sweet and wonderful ideas and it speaks to the goodness in you.

Sending my best, you two, and my pre-emptive thanks to any who choose the path of mercy.

PS: Fear'gall, how goes your squireship and service to the people? I'm surprised your duties leave you with such time for making "such great sport". Did you perhaps get in trouble with your knight again? If so, I'd be happy to put in a words to Lord Na on your behalf.

Eli
RP Marshal
Last edit: 05 Sep 2012 23:43 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B).
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
06 Sep 2012 01:21 #5 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Fox Hunters
Bolton please try to be civil and not ask those forms of questions in your "PS".
As to the suffering.....I have spoken with some foxes that were victims of traps hunters set, some ended up injured and I let them go and healed them if need be. This suffering is horrible for them. I stand by you on that regard Bolton. If you do get captured foxes from these hunters let me know. I may be able to find a safe place in Kaladonia for them and try to talk to them about hunting the correct way and not just go killing this population for "fun" when unnecessary. I will speak with Lady Elawyn when I arrive in the proper to see if there is a safe haven she specifically knows of. Otherwise find me and I will give them direction to a temporary safe glade in Kaladonia I know of.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
06 Sep 2012 11:30 - 06 Sep 2012 12:52 #6 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic Fox Hunters
Allow me to rescind my harsher comments, they were born of my frustration at Fear'gall's continued attempts to draw me into a violent confrontation with himself. I blame only myself for the momentary loss of disciplined neutrality , and I will continue to refine the control of my more fiery aspects (and the things which stoke them).

Thank you Caelvan for reminding me to be a better man. I'll contact you directly if I find I need shelter for any of the rescued foxes.

Eli
RP Marshal
Last edit: 06 Sep 2012 12:52 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B).
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
06 Sep 2012 15:10 #7 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Fox Hunters
I define fox hunting as follows - the inedible being hunted by the unmentionable.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
06 Sep 2012 15:31 #8 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Fox Hunters
Bolton, your anger does not go unsupported.

I have heard of these hunts, witnessed hunts in the past, as well as other, more horrible outcomes to these gentle creatures. The tails I wear are in tribute to those I have found which I have rightfully given a respectful, and spiritual burial. Foxes and wolves, in my opinion, are not all that different from each other, so I deeply empathize with each one of them.

I will help you with anything concerning these foxes. Hopefully, we can prevent any further damage together.

In Loyalty to the Forest and all of its Creatures,

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sannyiah Amarie Tempest - Na (Sannyiah Na)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.482 seconds