Searching for a particular bow

• Kael Hearne
  • "I am most handsome Rom."
  • Thank Yous: 1
11 Feb 2013 00:11 #1 by Kael Hearne (sugoihipster)
Searching for a particular bow was created by Kael Hearne (sugoihipster)
Greetings,

I am in search of a bow imbued with the knowledge of how to wield it. I would like to speak with anyone who might be in possession of one, or the means of acquiring one.

On another note, I am seeking the help of any sorcerers as I have been told that one might be able to imbue a shield I posses with the knowledge of how to use it.

If any have the information or items which I seek, feel free to send me a missive to set up a meeting or approach me at the next baronial feast.

Great Thanks,
Kael Hearne

Kael Hearne
Court Healer of Drega'Mire

OOC: Kyle Geyer
  • Corvin Ralenfolly
  • The Good Looking Ralenfolly
  • Thank Yous: 43
13 Feb 2013 03:06 - 13 Feb 2013 03:07 #2 by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM)
Replied by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM) on topic Searching for a particular bow
Alright Kael Hearne, I've watched this posting for a few days, and I'm going to explain a few things about Sorcery as best I can to you and any others that happen to pass on by and get a chance to read this.

There are a fair number of Sorcerer's in town, myself being among them. Creating the item(s) you require and are asking for are extremely taxing, time consuming, and flat out dangerous. Also you are missing a fine detail, let me explain.

To acquire the Skills one needs to cast such a Ritual, you are looking at spending around 3 Years learning nothing but sorcery and by perchance choosing that color of magic to specialize in, and in the casting of these two rituals, you have could lose that ritual forever or take an extremely fast horse right to Galladels Dining Room.

Now, say I agree to do this, I now have to track down and find, two sets of illithad Tentacles, and while I do love the occasional vigorous mind scrubbing they provide when awoken from their naps. However I tend to pass on this course of action unless one happens to show up to my door and threatens the Barony. They are extremely dangerous, usually know a fair amount of Dark Elves and are often lonely and sad, so they tend to travel in packs.

I recommend you hire, Wormwood for this course of action, as he is particularly skilled in dispatching these types of creatures, not sure what he dose to them, but it involves a large box, a sword and as much crazy as he can carry on his back.

Then I have to ask Gideon (Yes I know there are other smiths, but he's my favorite so don't get your Hammers in a bunch) to smith me up some Crystal or Glass Jars, find a willing Scholar to strap down to a table and somehow allow me to cut open his skull and put his brain..in...to..a...Jar.

Correction Two Scholars

They are very smart people and avoid being strapped down on tables as much as possible and are really very agile and have a knack for when someone is coming at them with a knife and Sorcery on their mind, which is impressive considering they sit down and read all day and night.

But!

After utilizing a very large and very old book as a distraction, a bag of marbles and carefully disguised flight of stairs. I might be able to acquire you these Brains.

Lastly, my soul.

Do you know what it's like to cast sorcery and lose your magic? Of course not if you did, you would have just casted this ritual yourself and not bothered reading any of this.

It's literally taking away all your hard work that you did to acquire what makes you a Mage, it would be the same as if I asked you to cook me a delicious dinner and before you ask, I'm partial to cheeses and the finest Dwarven ale as I am trying to get a mug with my name on it over the bar; only 197 more drinks to go. But as soon as you served it to me I knocked it off the table and stepped on what you worked hard to create, but I still paid you for the meal.

Not quite the same thing as if I ate it now is it?

Thus it is better to provide a willing person that you know or can pay to provide us with energies to power this items, because if we took all the burden in a few months we couldn't be able to lock our own doors with magic nonetheless cast Sorcery with it.

Now lastly you are asking for two rituals that evaporate in six months, and will cost you a king, or at least a competent squire's ransom. Totaling a cost of and this is well rounded, around 300 gold or for around the same amount you could get one of this items forever and save up to buy a second at a later time.

So if you wish to purchase a sorcery ritual in the future it would help you and perhaps others to make a posting such as this to help quell any further confusion.

Dear Sorcerer's of the Mage’s Guild of Kormyre in Travance

I am seeking two rituals of Binding of Knowledge, For acquiring the knowledge of the Bow, and of a shield of indeterminable size.

I have sought forth and acquired both Lore Masters Brains from willing and knowledgeable parties, and Purchased or Acquired Illithad Tentacles.

My friend or Paid Individual, has already agreed to provide any Permanent Magical resources needed by you.

I have looked up and referenced the pricing guide provided by the Mages Guild and I posses 180 Gold that the Guild has mandated as an acceptable amount.

Sincerely,

Kael Hearne

Always happy to help, you can find me in the Dragons Inn if you need me, I'm usually by the fire, as It is very cold outside and I talk alot, thus the inn provides me with everything I need.

Corvin Ralenfolly

Steve M.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2013 03:07 by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM).
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), THENPC (THENPC), Alex (Wormwood), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena), Zathir (Clevatus)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
13 Feb 2013 03:49 #3 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Searching for a particular bow
I told him as much privately, Corvin, but your wording is much more entertaining. I also mentioned that for the costs involved, he might be beter off learning a profession that would allow him the use of the skills he desires.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
13 Feb 2013 08:01 - 13 Feb 2013 22:22 #4 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin)
Replied by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin) on topic Searching for a particular bow
To be clear, there is no "pricing guide" for sorcery. Prices are determined by the particular sorcerer taking on the commission for a ritual or rituals. Generally, sorcery prices are similar but can vary slightly based on a number of factors. The prices charged for sorcery have not changed significantly in many years.

I am reminded of many magical things that were offered for sale during the Winterdark Ball and was astounded at the prices requested for the items. Equally astounding was the fact that the items fetched more than I would have appraised them for.

I would expect to see some increases in the prices for sorcery for the reasons presented by my fellow sorcerers as well as the fact that a large quantity of gold is possessed in the Barony. Demand is quite high and that affects price, or so I've learned.

I would gladly discuss this in greater detail over a drink at the Dragon's Claw.

Lord Ardin Silverbow
Lord of Pendarvin

"While others succumb, we overcome."
-Silverbow Motto

OOG: Norm B
Safety Deputy

"When I think of the greatness of my job and realize that I am what I am, I am amazed, but on reflection, who is as good as I am? I know of no one."
-George Patton(I wish Ardin had said this first)
Last edit: 13 Feb 2013 22:22 by Silverbow Patriarch (Ardin).
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
13 Feb 2013 19:42 #5 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Searching for a particular bow
Corvin,

Please refrain from belittling towns members.

It is something that my self and many other nobles will not stand for.

Knight Captain Magnus Von-Ritter

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
  • Kael Hearne
  • "I am most handsome Rom."
  • Thank Yous: 1
13 Feb 2013 19:54 - 13 Feb 2013 19:55 #6 by Kael Hearne (sugoihipster)
Replied by Kael Hearne (sugoihipster) on topic Searching for a particular bow
Corvin,

While I am slightly appalled with the vitriol that you've thrown at me in the form of ink on parchment, I can only feel flattered that your would put so much effort into what was just a simple note inquiring about items that may have already had these rituals cast upon them and the possibility of casting a ritual upon a shield which I already posses. Nothing more than inquiry, and nothing less.

I did in fact speak with Edwin about these inquiries in a private missive, and he was very cordial in explaining these points you've made in a manner which was not nearly as rude. I do know that casting sorcery rituals is a very taxing process which strips the sorcerer of what is basically their life's work. I wasn't aware that I was being slightly thoughtless in asking someone to use skills which they have worked toward earning.

Thank you for the slightly back-handed invitation to speak with you in front of the fire in this inn, but I have more pride than that; enjoy your drinks by the fire, as it will surely be cold this weekend.

Kael Hearne
Court Healer of Drega'Mire

OOC: Kyle Geyer
Last edit: 13 Feb 2013 19:55 by Kael Hearne (sugoihipster).
  • Corvin Ralenfolly
  • The Good Looking Ralenfolly
  • Thank Yous: 43
13 Feb 2013 20:33 #7 by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM)
Replied by Corvin Ralenfolly (SteveM) on topic Searching for a particular bow
I was not belittling, perhaps gently ribbing, belittling implies I was being mean or intentionally hurtful, which I wasn't. Vitriol, ten gold for great usage of a word, but I certainly was not pouring a corrosive acid of words on you. Speak to me in town Kael, well exchange firm hand shakes and see what we can do for each other.

Knight Captain,

I did enjoy explaining in detail the process a sorcerer really has to go through and it was directed at more then him, hence why this posting was ignored and only one person responded privately to say the exact same thing I did.

It was directed at everyone who would like to get work done by a sorcerer.

I sit around and paint wands all day,and grant protections to those I believe require them before adventuring to defend the Barony, not exactly the stuff of legend.

If educating the towns members on how to better accomplish their goals is offensive to you, I will cease my efforts immediately. I rather not have to pay twenty to forty gold just to have an argument with you.

Thank you for your time Knight Captain Magnus Von-Ritter.

Corvin Ralenfolly

Steve M.
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.537 seconds