What is a govenor?

• Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
21 Feb 2013 21:12 #1 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
What is a govenor? was created by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
To my fellow citizens of Travance & to those who dwell within it's borders...

I do not seek the role of "Govenor" as I have many responsibilities already as Squire within the lands of Alisandria. I do wish to know however, what exactly is the role & responsibility of this appointment that will be given to someone who is "chosen by the people"? I was unfortunately late to the evening feast & may have missed the details of what this new role in the governing of Travance entails.

So I ask not only his grace, Count Winterdark of what responsibilities and functions this person will perform, but what the citizenry of Travance expects of this person?

I thank you.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
25 Feb 2013 12:44 #2 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic What is a govenor?
As it was positioned to us. The Governor of Travance will be the voice of the people to bring up any issues or concerns to the Bareness or his Grace, the Count of Winterdark.

As someone running for the position of the Governor I would like to be the voice for the common man who may be to intimidated to bring things up or approach the people in charge. Also I would like to help some of the new comers to Travance find a place to live or rest their heads for the first few moons. If you would like to know more about my positions please send me a personal missive.

Thank you
Anhil

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
25 Feb 2013 12:48 #3 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic What is a govenor?
Frankly, Anhil, almost every subject of Travance who has been in residence long enough to pay taxes is willing to find newcomers a safe place to sleep. gainful employment, and other opportunities. Was it not so when you first arrived?

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
25 Feb 2013 13:17 #4 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic What is a govenor?
Mr Haroldson,
I do not believe Anhil was meaning no member of Travance was unwilling to help the new members of the town. However he is the first face they see upon entering the Proper, and feels that they can seek him out, not strictly for housing, employment etc. but to introduce them to the towns members that they would most likely get along with/be satisfied with living with them, working with them, and helping them find the place they feel most comfortable in this dangerous world we have all come to call our home.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
25 Feb 2013 14:28 #5 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic What is a govenor?
Mr Renaith

I understand what you mean, but my comment still stands. Any and all are usually willing to do just that. That particular aspect of "service" is, in my mind, completely detached from the position of Governor.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
25 Feb 2013 18:20 #6 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic What is a govenor?
I agree with Master Haroldson. These are all things that any decent individual should aspire to do. It's common courtesy and being civil towards our fellow men and women of Travance, and those new to the lands as well.

Though I am quite interested to know about this change in political structure. Has Kormyre decided to start it's own Parliament within the last month?

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.496 seconds