A Celebration of the Light: March 2013

• Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
03 Mar 2013 21:42 #1 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
A Celebration of the Light: March 2013 was created by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Good evenin',

It's been awhile since we all got together, gave thanks to the Gods that help us and keep us safe.

So, if any are interesting in attending a service, we'll be meeting at the big tree in front of the Monastery after Feast.

I hope it will be a formal Mass, but that will depend entirely on me being able to ask, guilt, cajole, or beg a priest to preside over it(which I have yet to be able to do).

I'll be speaking on the best way to honor the Gods of Light.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
  • Ben Theis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Calm in mind, gentle in heart, illuminate the spirit
  • Thank Yous: 29
03 Mar 2013 22:02 #2 by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
Replied by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar) on topic Re: A Celebration of the Light: March 2013
Rather shameful that a good citizen of the Realm feels he must cajole a Priest to have Mass for the people of Travance. A very sorry thing indeed.

Tirsen Crestingstar

Ben.T.
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
04 Mar 2013 07:37 #3 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic Re: A Celebration of the Light: March 2013
I'm sure it will work out, Sir.

If I know how people are at least one or two Priests will come rushin' over to me before the service to outline to me how bad of a person I am, how they were definitely going to do Mass before I burst in like a bull in a glass shop, and how I should have done XYZ. They will then take over the process of putting Mass on and I can get back to a very long list of Town Guard things that I gotta do. Either that or I'll be dishin' out some preachin' myself.

Either way, after Feast, in front of the big ol' tree in the Monastery there will be at least one rather cranky Guardsman talking about the Gods. If'n you'd like to join us, I'd consider it an honor if you spoke about virtue.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
  • Ben Theis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
04 Mar 2013 09:14 #4 by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
Replied by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar) on topic Re: A Celebration of the Light: March 2013
I will be there for your celebration. You and all those that gather with you to celebrate the joy of the light shall do so with no interruption.

Tirsen Crestingstar

Ben.T.
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
04 Mar 2013 09:25 #5 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic A Celebration of the Light: March 2013
I know that both Archbishop Kwildar and Templar Nightwing have been away, so neither could have provided mass the past couple moons. Have you tried Mother Marika? I believe she has been in the area, I am not sure cause I have been absent as well.

Sister Leandra Palahad

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
04 Mar 2013 09:48 #6 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic A Celebration of the Light: March 2013
Even if'ns we can't be finding a proper priest for a full-out Mass, so long as there's people what belive in the Light and the gods, we can have a grand celebration of faith.

Sure, and ye'll be finding meself there with ye, boyo. We can both be waxing all poetical about the gods and the people what try to follow them best as they can.

For clan and the gods,
Brother Bran MacInnes.

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ming Na (Ming Na)
  • Artimus
  • Thank Yous: 10
04 Mar 2013 10:33 #7 by Artimus (Artimus)
Replied by Artimus (Artimus) on topic A Celebration of the Light: March 2013
There will be mass. Count on that.

'Without the struggle there can be no glory'

Father Artimus Ja'had
Chapel Master of Alisandria
Servant to the light that is Valos
OOG Chris K
  • Alex
  • Kingslayer
  • Thank Yous: 206
04 Mar 2013 10:40 #8 by Alex (Wormwood)
Replied by Alex (Wormwood) on topic A Celebration of the Light: March 2013
Your great want to give thanks to a handful of gods that help a handful of white people a handful of days out of the year(but only if you kiss their asses first) has inspired me. friday before the feast, i'll be celebrating the sharp swords and strong arms that actually keep you sorry lot breathing, whether you pray to them first or not. a drink on me for any killer that knows who he can really trust. praise be!

-WW

OOG: Alex B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Fortier (Greysect)
  • Ben Theis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
04 Mar 2013 11:44 #9 by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
Replied by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar) on topic A Celebration of the Light: March 2013
It is precisely the reason that Brother Cooper made his post, The People haven't been able to count on it.

That being said I would speak with all the Clergy once Brother Cooper has completed his Ceremony. I expect all those that proclaim to preach and defend the Light to be present, and if I'm not clear enough, this is not a request.

Tirsen Crestingstar

Ben.T.
  • Alex
  • Kingslayer
04 Mar 2013 12:45 - 04 Mar 2013 12:48 #10 by Alex (Wormwood)
wait, clergy being fickle and impotent isnt by design? i thought it was an effort to emulate their gods. once again a paladin teaches me just how flawed my world view has been. on the matter of inconsistent mass attendance, worry not. artimus delivers worship with force and verve... why, i couldnt forget his sermons if i tried. will you be repeating the holy rite where you spoon out a virgin's eye, or bringing new material to the table, father?

-WW

i nearly forgot to ask... which god is it, specifically, that you worship sir knight?

Last edit: 04 Mar 2013 12:48 by Alex (Wormwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zathir (Clevatus), Narcis (ChrisR), Fortier (Greysect)
04 Mar 2013 13:24 #11 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic A Celebration of the Light: March 2013
Brother Bat,

Your Celebration to the gods is needed. As we end a cold winter it is important to remember what keeps us strong. The Friendships we have made here in Travance is only strengthened by our Faith in the Gods above. We look to stories of our Gods for guidance and Hope to get through the toughest of times. We remember the Saints for the bravery and their sacrifices so that we may be strong enough to continue to be the Lights in this world so that we may shine in the darkness and bring hope to those who need it.

Brother Bat, while I am unable to attend this feast I will be more then happy to send a dessert for the followers to enjoy.

May the Gods Shine through you,

Sister Ekatarina.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • Ben Theis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
04 Mar 2013 13:48 #12 by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
Replied by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar) on topic A Celebration of the Light: March 2013
To your question. Long ago I was Baptized to the Goddess Gaia. Now my cause and calling is greater than a single God or Goddess.

Tirsen Crestingstar

Ben.T.
  • Alex
  • Kingslayer
04 Mar 2013 14:23 - 04 Mar 2013 14:24 #13 by Alex (Wormwood)
it is reassuring to know that the paladins are handling this greater focus so that we plebs can focus on lesser pursuits. surely we wouldnt understand, anyway. we are made safe and enlightened by your order. may i offer you a drink as well, or is your thirst too important and sophisticated to focus on a single beer or wine?

-WW

Last edit: 04 Mar 2013 14:24 by Alex (Wormwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fortier (Greysect)
  • Ben Theis
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
04 Mar 2013 15:00 #14 by Ben Theis (Tirsen Crestingstar)
Though our ideas differ greatly on people and greatness of their pursuits. I will gladly accept your offer of a drink. I shall see you at the bar.

Tirsen Crestingstar

Ben.T.
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
04 Mar 2013 17:18 #15 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic A Celebration of the Light: March 2013
Orias,

You demand personal thanks for protecting the town in one parchment and then slander the Gods in another. You embarrass yourself. For a man still listed on the Execution and Obliteration order as an Anti-paladin (albeit crossed out) and one who so proudly speaks of his murders and atrocities, you deserve no thanks. What is owed to you is nothing. What you owe the Kingdom of Kormyre is everything. The fact that you are allowed to live, and not only live but have a full and free life within the realm of King Aleric is a testament to the graciousness of our King and to the Gods.

Only when you have begged forgiveness from every man, woman, and child within the Kingdom of Kormyre from the lowliest beggar to the King himself and been granted that forgiveness for your vile ways do you have right to ask for thanks for anything you have done.

You take this second life granted to you by our King and the Gods and choose to spread venom and cause dissent among the good people of Kormyre at every turn. You leave notes in what is meant to be a celebration of the Gods that besmirch not just the clergy but the Gods themselves. I know not if you still lead the life of an Anti-paladin, but you act it.

Stand before the Lord Valos and ask his forgiveness to start, if you are true then it may be granted.

I will pray to Valos that you find some forgiveness in this world. I know that a man that has walked your path will find nothing but suffering and pain in the next life, for all eternity.

-Hurgar son of Evald of Glangsdale

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood)
  • LStarling
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Cursed Healer
  • Thank Yous: 20
04 Mar 2013 18:58 #16 by LStarling (Kwildar)
Replied by LStarling (Kwildar) on topic A Celebration of the Light: March 2013
To the good citizens of Travance, Mass will indeed happen at seven bells on the evening, or just after Feast, whichever is latter. I would ask now that all be respectful of our celebrations, and those with an interest in the light and love of the Gods would partake. This love is not a thing to be hoarded, as the gods love one and all. This love is unconditional, even to those who perpetrate darkness, for without their love, there can be no hope of redemption. We as always face dark times, and we face them together.

Archbishop Kwildar Zero Darkheart.

--
Lawrence Starling -- IG
"Really, bee! I don't smell flower-y!"
Malcolm Mallardi -- OOG
  • Alex
  • Kingslayer
04 Mar 2013 19:10 #17 by Alex (Wormwood)
the thanks, the handholding, the prayers... they're all jokes. i asked for thanks to see if the people who curse my name in private will sing my praises to my face. a game. whether they were given or not, my actions would not change. the gods are no different. heaven will do as it pleases regardless of if we ants call up to them. faith, pride, shame, honor.... all illusions. if they help you feel better about putting men in the ground then by all means cling to them, but dont be surprised if i laugh about it along the way. i have known the destiny of my soul for many years. i dont need faith to tell me that. im not your enemy, mighty hurgar. im a travancian in truest form. join us in a toast. to the king.

-WW

The following user(s) said Thank You: Zathir (Clevatus), Fortier (Greysect)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.591 seconds