Seeking Assistance of those in the Arcane Arts!

• Alicia D.
  • Thank Yous: 48
26 Apr 2013 20:41 - 26 Apr 2013 21:21 #1 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Seeking Assistance of those in the Arcane Arts! was created by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Good evening everyone!

I'm seeking the help of those very seasoned in the arcane arts to help me experience a different way of life! Many things have changed for me in these past few months, and I would like to revert to my racial roots. I take after my mother in many ways, except one, and I think I'm ready to try and embrace it. I will be in the proper next moon and I would like this to take place then if possible.

If you think you can help please send me a missive!

Thank you~
Alicia M. Dura

IG:
Alicia M. Dura
The Woman in White.
==============
OOG: Raquel Allen
(Rocky)
==============
"Every time it snows, all new designs fall out of the sky. It's a wonder that so much beauty has been wasted. Because when they melt, they are lost...never to be seen again."
Last edit: 26 Apr 2013 21:21 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow).
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
26 Apr 2013 21:08 #2 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Seeking Assistance of those in the Arcane Arts!
Miss Alicia,
Believe it or not, I am actually a mage, as well as a doctor. I would be happy to teach you what little I know of magic, if you are interested that is.

Sincerely,
Dr. Viktor Solvei

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
26 Apr 2013 21:56 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Seeking Assistance of those in the Arcane Arts!
Ms. Dura,

As a Master of the Mage's Guild, I will strongly advise you to approach this patiently and with an open mind. I do not mean to belittle Victor's helping hand, but if he admits he only knows a litte about the Arcane Arts, you may want to consider someone more experienced.

I am fully versed in four of the eight spheres of Magic, am a Master of Valence Magic, and also a Sorcerer. I cannot claim I can teach you what you want to know, because you don't know what you want yet. (Trust me on this.) I will help you make this choice, and then if I cannot teach you, I will find someone who can.

In service to the Art,

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Alicia D.
26 Apr 2013 22:04 #4 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Replied by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow) on topic Seeking Assistance of those in the Arcane Arts!
Thank you all for offering your help! But I would like state that my interest at this time are not studying the circles of magic, but rather in returning to my racial roots. I would like to find methods of returning myself to my mothers sylvan heritage.

I've heard such a thing is possible and I seek the help and means to do so.

IG:
Alicia M. Dura
The Woman in White.
==============
(Rocky)
==============
"Every time it snows, all new designs fall out of the sky. It's a wonder that so much beauty has been wasted. Because when they melt, they are lost...never to be seen again."
  • GJSchaller
26 Apr 2013 22:13 #5 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Seeking Assistance of those in the Arcane Arts!
What you seek is possible... temporarily.

The magics to make this change are potent and costly, and also do not last. They cannot be made permanent, although you can have the ritual extended each year, by paying to have the ritual re-done.

As much as I am a user of the Arcane Arts myself, I will suggest this - there are simpler, easier, less expensive, and less dangerous ways to follow your mother's footsteps. If one were to cast Sorcery to make you a Selandrian, we would be cheating you of actually learning about her ways - they would be instilled by magic, not learned naturally, which is not fit for a daughter wishing to honor her mother.

My advice to you is to spend time studying with a Sylvan in the ways of their arts and culture. If, after six months, you still wish to undergo the transformation, seek me out and we will find someone to do it for you.

Steward of Elvalion
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
26 Apr 2013 23:22 #6 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Seeking Assistance of those in the Arcane Arts!
Alicia,
As someone who is, currently experiencing what you are asking about, and also a Sylvan by birth, find me next moon and we can discuss this further.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
27 Apr 2013 10:11 #7 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic Seeking Assistance of those in the Arcane Arts!
I am in agreeing with what the previous peoples have said. Why use sorcery to change to another kind of gadje when you could do somore meaningfully by living by the lifestyle and philosophical leanings of the peoples you are wishing to be closer to?

Besides, if you are wanting the oh-so-attractive and fashionable pointy ears, why not have a physician like cousin Viktor help shape them, or even replace them completely? Is easier and less potentially explosive than sorcery, da?

-Sergei

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
  • Alicia D.
27 Apr 2013 11:41 #8 by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
Replied by Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow) on topic Seeking Assistance of those in the Arcane Arts!
Oh I certainly agree with Sir Gideon on this matter!
I don't know much about these type of things, and I thought becoming one was the only way to learn! Obviously I know that now thats not the case. But I don't think I would go as far as surgery but I would love to learn more about my background.
My world was very very small before coming to travance, and as the months have gone by it's rapidly expanded and I've learned plenty of things. But my knowledge of other cultures including my own is very tiny, I can't remember much of my birth parents but I would like to connect with them from what I can remember of them.

IG:
Alicia M. Dura
The Woman in White.
==============
(Rocky)
==============
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
27 Apr 2013 12:36 #9 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Seeking Assistance of those in the Arcane Arts!
Alicia,

I suppose this explains the inexplicable pull and bond we have for one another. I had not realized your mother was of our kin. Perhaps instead of magic to aid in your plight, you could visit Caelvan (although still currently a celt) and I at our home in Kaladonia and we can show you what Sylvan life is really like.

I'm sure the wolves wouldn't mind having another friend to play with as well!

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
  • GJSchaller
27 Apr 2013 15:52 - 27 Apr 2013 15:52 #10 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Alicia, I have an idea. Seek me out next feast.

In service to the art,

Steward of Elvalion
Last edit: 27 Apr 2013 15:52 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller).
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.525 seconds