Word from Selendrias

25 Jun 2013 12:12 #1 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Word from Selendrias was created by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
To the Londwyn's who reside in Travance,
Before there is any infighting between any Selendrians and Londwyns in the proper I would like to propose either a sit down so that we may discuses what is happing in both of our capitals and what is happening between our people. We need to talk so that an internal break down in the proper of Travance does not happen. While in the proper we have many other enemies to deal with. I do not want to think that a sword will appear in my back while defending someone. I would like to meet for a few moments on the Friday evening of the Baronial feast after I have brought the new members of town in. If you can not attend please let me know.
Let us be the shining example to not only our lands but to the other lands that are in upheaval and fighting.
May you find your selves safe in these troubling times.

On a side note I do not speak for any lands but only myself. Please if you do attend realize that I, Anhîl
Shadesar, am speaking only for myself. Not my land in Travance or my home land. I am doing this to try and start some conversations as there is not nearly enough of that done before weapons are raised. I invite all peoples who hail from Londwyn and Selendrias.

If I am overstepping any boundaries please let me know.

Anhîl Shadesar

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
25 Jun 2013 13:03 #2 by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks)
Replied by Winks Sharpthorn (Winks) on topic Word from Selendrias
*NOT WINKS*

Mister Shadesar,

Let me be the first to assure you that your peaceful outreach is very much appreciated. I will be happy to meet with you Friday evening to discuss these events and how best to keep them from impacting overmuch the land of Travance.

Our peoples have rarely, if ever, gotten along; for various reasons. It is commonly known that my people do not subscribe to the same beliefs as the rest of the world, and it is for this reason that I find the rumor of Our Majesty the Queen's collusion with these creatures you all call demons to be highly unfathomable. It is my sincere hope that that these matters be resolved quickly, and the truth brought to the fore for all to bear witness.

With Regards,
Mister William Sterling

In Service to Travance
Ser Winks Sharpthorn, The Resolute
Knight of Drega'Mire
Soul-Blade of Galladel

Alt: William Sterling
Chief Mechanic of the Kormyrian Sky Flotilla
Lead Engineer of the Travancian Railroad

OOG: Walter Soto
Marshal
Cannon Marshal
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
25 Jun 2013 13:16 - 25 Jun 2013 16:41 #3 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Word from Selendrias
(drawn on an unusually pristine piece of drafting paper:)

For Q - - - - -

(OOG : it appears that part of the signature on this note has been carefully trimmed off)

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 25 Jun 2013 16:41 by Goggs (coryan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean Moulson (Moulson13), Chryphex (Chryphex), Appollonius Petrichor (Libraryguy)
  • Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
  • Hold the line, never falter.
  • Thank Yous: 31
25 Jun 2013 14:02 #4 by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe)
Replied by Saoirse Mac'Sidhe (Sidhe) on topic Word from Selendrias
To whom it may concern,

I would like to extend my services as a mediator. I have friends on both sides and wish to see them come to a peaceful agreement. Considering the tensions between the respective cultures I believe it would be wise to have a neutral third party around, just in case.

Yours truly,
Aelyria Rowanoak

PS: Goggs, we need to talk.

Saoirse Mac'Sidhe
Clergy of Galladel
Champion of Galladel
Centurion

Riley Kane

OOG Name: Kayla Arold
25 Jun 2013 14:38 #5 by Gabrian Grottings (E.B)
Replied by Gabrian Grottings (E.B) on topic Word from Selendrias
Mr. Sterling,

We are in Travance which is held by the King of Kormyre. "Our Majesty", who reigns sovereign over a tract of destitute land and a viciously oppressed people, is not my queen and I will not be associated with her and her dubious affairs! My loyalty is to this land and this people. If you, or any other Londwyn has a problem with that, you can come discuss the issue with me in private.

Anhil,
I'm disappointed that you would feel so threatened by recent events as to anticipate a sword in the back. I believe you've met each Londwyn in town, and while it would seem that there are still some Royalists amongst our ranks, we have never acted in such a way as to earn such distrust; a distrust which has in recent months manifested itself as down right racism amongst certain members of the public.

I believe you are right in that it is high time we have a public meeting where in such differences can be discussed and worked out in a reasonable, civilized manner.

Mr. Goggins,
You can spare a parcel of your time away from your workshop in order to attend a meeting of such importance. Anything less is gross neglect and an insult to those who are peaceably trying to resolve whatever tensions may be brewing amongst town members. I'll expect to personally see you at this meeting, otherwise I shall be very put out.

I'm considering this matter closed until such a time as it can be discussed in person as reasonable, logical adults. Good day, sirs.

Eli
RP Marshal
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
25 Jun 2013 15:06 #6 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Word from Selendrias
Paranoia is something we cannot afford during these tumultuous times. I would humbly ask that both peoples make the time to attend the meeting Master Anhîl so kindly offered. The olive branch should be received while it is extended. Rare it is, when you have a chance to make peace before it's too late. Master Anhîl if I can offer any assistance with the arrangements please send me a missive.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Tatsuya
  • Thank Yous: 10
25 Jun 2013 15:11 - 25 Jun 2013 15:11 #7 by Tatsuya (Darkweave)
Replied by Tatsuya (Darkweave) on topic Word from Selendrias
Anhil, I would like to offer my tea table in the inn as the location for the meeting and my services as mediator.

With honor,
Tatsuya Lazuli

OOG: David Giroux

"To be a druid is to become like Arawyn herself and to sacrifice, not just one's life, but one's very spirit to the world." -Tatsuya Lazuli
Last edit: 25 Jun 2013 15:11 by Tatsuya (Darkweave).
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
25 Jun 2013 17:26 - 25 Jun 2013 19:28 #8 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Word from Selendrias
Wotcher Mister DuMourne,

You'll have to forgive me - I was (and remain) woefully oblivious to any sort of brewing social tensions in Travance (I denote "social" to distinguish from mechanical tension, which is, on the contrary, rife throughout the town, and something I am acutely aware of.) Nor do I believe I've made your acquaintance yet. There we have it: two things in need of remedial action, and we haven't even sat down for this discussion of yours yet! What larks eh?

I'm sure we'll have them both fixed in a pinch. Professor Cypher has requested our attendance, and of course I wouldn't want to see anyone unduly put out. I can move my workshop schedule to a more convenient time - though I was rather hoping to fit the humane capture and incapacitation device with a harmonic dampening safety snubber before... er, being requested to enter any enclosed space with a large number of people. If you understand my meaning.

Though I'm not sure how much assistance I'll be to you, at minimum, it'll be splendid to enjoy a cup of tea with our company - especially my good friend Mister Anhil.

For Queen and Country,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 25 Jun 2013 19:28 by Goggs (coryan).
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
25 Jun 2013 19:21 #9 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Word from Selendrias
Goodness, how time does fly, particularly if we let Professor Cypher have his way.

Anhil, I do not believe we have met officially, though I have heard your name spoken with smiles. I have absolutely no idea what is going on, but I shall like to hear of recent events from your lips. Over my years here I have experienced the full range of reaction to my origin, and I will gladly take your open hand and extend mine in return; it accomplishes so much more. I do hope you are still available when I arrive in the Proper - I will not be arriving until past the 9th bell. If I miss you, perhaps we can meet at another point.

To the countrymen I have yet to properly meet - Misters DuMorne, Sterling, and Goggin - I do hope we may become properly acquainted this feast.

Best,
Lois Maxwell

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
25 Jun 2013 21:22 #10 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic Word from Selendrias
Howdy,

I just read these writings as well as some reports from General Harrison, as a ranking member of the Baronial Guard there is something I would like to add.

I have no information that would lead me to believe that any Londwyn in Travance is guilty of the crime of treason by allying with any of the enemies of the Barony. No Londwyn is currently suspected of the crime of treason.

Unless a Noble says otherwise anyone who has reason to believe otherwise should report to member of the Guard or a member of the Nobility and we will investigate the matter. Under NO circumstances is anyone to attempt to take the law into their own hands because of a possible alliance.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
26 Jun 2013 01:48 #11 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Word from Selendrias
Mr Cooper is by no means think that any of the Londwyns in town are guilty of anything, nor mister Bolton did I mean any disrespect or suspicion. I nearly want to put the thought of any tension or parnoia out of anyone's mind. I would also like to invite any and all Silvans to this meeting. I think that we in Travance can take the first step in patching up this bitter old fight and make steps moving forward in a more peaceful pact between our two lands.

Storyteller
26 Jun 2013 01:49 #12 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Word from Selendrias
Also I look forward to meeting you ms. Maxwell

Storyteller
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
26 Jun 2013 08:14 #13 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic Word from Selendrias
Don't worry Anhil, I don't think you in particular had a neck tie party in mind for anyone. However, the last time we had problems with a group of people that had a connection to subjects of Travance I had to do some investigations that I really don't want to repeat and I'm hoping that if I make things clear now it will save everyone a lot of grief later.

By the way, I think this getting together is a mighty fine idea. You need any help with it, you come find me.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.597 seconds