Strange Glowing Fish

18 Aug 2013 21:02 #1 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Strange Glowing Fish was created by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
During the night in Travance, I caught the glimpse of a glowing fish. It appeared in an instant, swam in the air like it was water, then disappeared. Can some scholars look into it?

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
18 Aug 2013 23:14 #2 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Strange Glowing Fish
Wotcher Mister Whisperwood,

Goggs here. As it happens, I've found myself researching a number of airborne mysteries and illusory beings over the past few months, and would be quite happy to look into yours in turn.

If you'd like to discuss goals (and terms) please don't hesitate to send me a missive.

For Queen and Country,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
19 Aug 2013 09:21 #3 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Strange Glowing Fish
Thank you Goggins. But I would also like this to be looked from a more mystical point of view, but your aid is greatly needed.

Kanas Silverfang

• Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
19 Aug 2013 12:40 #4 by Goggs (coryan)
Wotcher Mister Whisperwood,

You'll have to forgive me, I'm not much of what one would call a "people person," and I found your note to be a trifle confusing.

Just to be quite certain: is that a "yes, I would like you to read up on airborne luminescent fish please, here is some gold," or a "no thankyou, I'd rather have a local mystic perform their practices to determine the nature of my airborne luminescent fish, cheerio?"

I thought it better to clarify that one, as sourcing materials on unusual semi-aquatic species is likely to take some time, and I'd hate to spend hours hunting for texts only to find that I'd misinterpreted your research request.

For Queen and Country,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

19 Aug 2013 13:56 #5 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Strange Glowing Fish
What I mean is that I would like to look at this from both sides. The scientific as well as the mystic. Don't worry, you will get some gold if I can scrounge up some. There is not a lot of money in being a ranger.

Kanas Silverfang

• Biron Uidhir
  • A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his armor truly tested.
  • Thank Yous: 5
20 Aug 2013 11:55 #6 by Biron Uidhir (Eddie Colon)
Replied by Biron Uidhir (Eddie Colon) on topic Strange Glowing Fish
Mister Whisperwood and Mister Goggins,

Although not of the scholarly type myself, I can offer assistance to Goggins as far as a view of the mystical side of this issue. Not to mention help avoid his death if the situation goes awry.

-Biron de Barac

-Biron Uidhir

Champion of The Silver Dragon, Vaewyn.

20 Aug 2013 12:49 #7 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Thank you Biron. Any aid in this endeavor will be appreciated.

Kanas Silverfang

• Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
20 Aug 2013 16:47 #8 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Strange Glowing Fish
It sounds like flying fish ate luminescent mushrooms or plants.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
20 Aug 2013 17:53 #9 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
That could be possible, if flying fish exist in Travance.

Kanas Silverfang

20 Aug 2013 19:11 #10 by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts)
Replied by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts) on topic Strange Glowing Fish
Possibly. If they did eat the luminescent mushrooms we must look into practical applications of it. I suggest catching one of these fish and allowing me to dissect it.

Father Nikolai

Matthew E.
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
20 Aug 2013 19:53 #11 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Strange Glowing Fish
Wanton dissection of living things for scientific purposes is needlessly cruel and morally wrong. I would suggest speaking with the fish first. You would be surprised how far talking will get you.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
20 Aug 2013 20:57 - 20 Aug 2013 22:43 #12 by Goggs (coryan)
Wotcher chaps,

Thankyou Mister De Barac; It'd be marvellous to have you on board. Field research is an altogether perilous business, and I for one would be glad of your company. Professor Cypher has been attempting to teach me a bit more about that odd meshwork stuff - if it were to transpire that our quarry was able to swim through this mesh in stead of water, then your experience would certainly prove invaluable insofar as ascertaining its whereabouts.

And, of course Professor, as always you offer us a new and untried perspective on the matter! Thankyou for your insight - I shall endeavour to conscript the services of a skilled linguist for precisely the purpose of attempting communication with the subject.

Very good gentlemen. Perhaps, Mister Whisperwood, you might now find yourself better equipped to lay out some research goals - specific questions you'd like answered. For if your query is tantamount to little more than "whatever did I see?" then I can provide your answer now, and at no cost: you saw, of course, a luminescent airborne fish. (Hah! That's sort of a little joke. I hope you won't mind; I can't help myself sometimes.)

For Queen and Country,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

Last edit: 20 Aug 2013 22:43 by Goggs (coryan).
  • GJSchaller
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
20 Aug 2013 21:14 #13 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Strange Glowing Fish
When dealing with animals, your first instinct should be to consult a druid, or a druidic scholar at the very least.

In service to the Art,

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
20 Aug 2013 21:30 #14 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Strange Glowing Fish
If you cut the fish's thread without talking to a druid first, my brother will be mad. And then I will be mad.

So talk to my brother and have him see the flying fish.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
20 Aug 2013 21:33 #15 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Strange Glowing Fish
I would be happy to help, but I would definitely recommend consulting with Eric. I believe he has a connection to aquatic animals.

Caldor,

P.S. Ha Ha, Brother, you read now too.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Mormigan
  • Thank Yous: 9
20 Aug 2013 22:28 #16 by Mormigan (Mormigan)
Replied by Mormigan (Mormigan) on topic Strange Glowing Fish
Fried Beer braised flying glow fish... hmmm... let me know if you need me to do any research on it. I'll need a cook to assist me however

Captain of the Phonecian
James Fairweather

OOG: Marty Rossa
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
20 Aug 2013 22:58 - 20 Aug 2013 23:01 #17 by Goggs (coryan)
Wotcher chaps,

Now now - there's no need to talk about "cutting threads" (I understand that this is a euphemism meaning "to kill" - if I am mistaken on this, please take the time to correct me.)

Mister Whisperwood has requested a research expedition, which in no way necessitates murders of any sort. I understand that the general approach to problem solving in and around Travance seems to be "kill it then check its pockets," however please attempt to understand that this is a long throw from the methods we would typically employ back home - and from the line of inquiry I intend to apply to this particular case.

However, Misters Weaveforger and Eirson, I am no less thankful for your advice. I'll see to contacting this Mister Eric, and attempt to communicate with one of the local shamanic folks, if you suspect that doing so would bear fruit.

Very good gentlemen. This is shaping up to be quite the event - a veritable "fishing trip" in more ways than one! Hah!

For Queen and Country,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

Last edit: 20 Aug 2013 23:01 by Goggs (coryan).
20 Aug 2013 23:07 #18 by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts)
Replied by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts) on topic Strange Glowing Fish
Gentlemen,

I believe I was misunderstood. I had absolutely zero intention of allowing the fish to die as that would violate a vow I took long ago. If a living creature is on my table then I will not be the one to end it's life and will do everything in my power to prevent anyone or anything from doing such. I had assumed that them bringing the fish to me would mean that they had tried all other avenues of discourse first. If my assistance is eventually asked for I would be glad to provide input from a medical and biological perspective. After the procedure we would of course release the fish to the wild for it to live free.

Father Nikolai

Matthew E.
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
21 Aug 2013 04:55 #19 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic Strange Glowing Fish
While do not wish to interrupt this discussion on the ethics of fish dissection, I have a question. Did the sighting of this fish happen after the ingestion of satyr's wine, alcohol, or any other dubious substance?
If not, more information as to where and when this sighting took place would be very helpful as well as any details regarding anything else that was going on nearby.

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goggs (coryan)
21 Aug 2013 11:48 #20 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
I am no drinker. This sight was without any source of influence

Kanas Silverfang

Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.598 seconds