Burial

• Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
17 Sep 2013 03:18 #1 by Chesta (Kevin)
Burial was created by Chesta (Kevin)
This is the hardest message I have ever written.

About a month ago my sister was murdered. Since then I have been slowly getting over the pain of her loss and coping with the fact of becoming the last living member of my family. Even though there is nothing left of her body I would still like to hold a funeral for her in honor of her memory. This will not be a traditional Amon Zad funeral so I invite any and all who wish to attend and would welcome anyone of the light or neutral gods that wishes to say a prayer. If no objections are made I would like to hold the funeral ceremony mid day the day of feast at the pavilion near totem pole hill.

May we honor her memory.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
19 Sep 2013 21:26 - 19 Sep 2013 21:26 #2 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena)
Replied by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena) on topic Burial
My sincerest condolences for your loss, Dominick. Feel free to speak with me further if you wish.

-- Ehlenathelasa

All hunters die. But not today.

OOG Jenna L.
Main: Ehlenathelasa Blacktree
Alt: Hazar Bint Sha'Haban
Alt: Erim Walker [Retired]
Last edit: 19 Sep 2013 21:26 by Ehlenathelasa Blacktree (ehlena).
23 Sep 2013 10:58 #3 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Burial
I will be there for you.

In Prudence and Fortitude,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
23 Sep 2013 11:19 #4 by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy)
Replied by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy) on topic Burial
He's right we may have had our ups and downs, but I still consider you my friend and as such I will be there for you
May the unending seas bring contentment and fortune

Alexander Wilhelm Silvers IV,
Silvers-Family Heir
Vassal to Dregamire

OOC: Greg Henschel
02 Oct 2013 20:44 #5 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Burial
(The message appears to be written on a dead oak leaf)

I'll be there for you Dominic.

Stay strong likes the trees in the ever-growing forest.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
04 Oct 2013 10:46 #6 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Burial
My fellow Drega'Mire,

My sincerest condolences for your loss. It is never an easy thing to cope with the loss of a loved one. I will, of course, attend the burial! Please remember how to smile, even when you feel like you can't. Do not succumb to the sadness. In time, the hurt will be less. If you need anything., just say so! I will buy you a drink, at the very least and we can perhaps speak of happier times. Maybe you have some fond and even funny memories of your sister you would want to share? Laughter is the very best in times of pain.

I invite anyone interested to have a drink, too, that we may make happiness from sadness and immortalize Dominic's sister in tales and maybe even a song. I'm sure there are some bards around who would be happy to write a nice little melody for her.

Be well!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
09 Oct 2013 21:55 #7 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Blacktree is excused from what I am about to write, as her she gave sincere condolences and never made a promise she failed to meet.

Now I am not all too familiar with local customs but it is not something of a faux pas to vow to attend a funeral, then leave a man to mourn alone? I know that Lucius, my sister, and I managed to attend the solemn ceremony despite being beset upon by every variety of malicious malcontent on our way to the graveyard. One should mind their obligations when it involves properly honoring those who have passed away. I apologize ahead of time if this viewpoint is deemed controversial or in some way distressing. To disrespect a man is childish. To disrespect his family is an insult.

Dum Spiro Spero, Dum Spiro Scio,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
09 Oct 2013 22:31 #8 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Burial
Verrill,

You may respond to this with an apology or not at all. Those are your only two options.

There were many funerals to attend this month and most people did not see them coming. Dominic's sister was the unfortunate first of many people to mourn over this weekend. You have no right to chastise anyone for not attending an event that was not about you, for you, or in memory of you or your family. Dominic understands that sometimes duty calls and you might not be able to meet every obligation you intend to. By calling people out on not attending, you only hurt the members of this town and make people who most likely had no ill intent feel bad for something that was not their fault. How does this help us? It does not and you will make people resent you if you keep it up.

I will not abide anyone making a soap box grand stand over anyone's death. To turn a loss into something to make yourself look in a better light is wrong and if you don't understand why this is wrong, I will personally discuss it with you.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
09 Oct 2013 22:43 #9 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Burial
Please can we just leave the matter alone?

Verrill is right about feeling an insult as to the lack of attendance for my sister however I let her death hit me much harder. I am a witch hunter, I knew my family would be a target when I took up my sword but I let myself feel so strongly either way. Life of a hunter is not one to take with others. I cannot speak for others but I myself might need to live a single life in solitude. No friends, no love. Just me and the hunt. I will still be return for feasts but otherwise it will be difficult to find me.

There are many lycans out there left unhunted. I plan on changing that, one night at a time.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
10 Oct 2013 00:30 #10 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Dame Yahtzee, you are correct and that is why I apologize. This is not a sarcastic apology. It is genuine, as I understand how drawing attention to this could create something of a rift between us in these trying times.

I buried my mother alone. I hated to see a friend bury a family member almost entirely alone, when he was expecting greater support from his community. There is no glory to be found in using coffins as soapboxes. I know this. I am well aware that I am not well liked and that addressing this will do me no favors.

A good man once taught me to care for this town, this Barony, this community as though it were my family. He taught me that we must strive through unity.

Dominic. I am your friend whether you like it or not. Do not give up on yourself, and do not give up on love. I am here for you in the good times and the bad.

With Brotherhood and Devotion,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sanura LeBastion (linzatart112)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.509 seconds