Kaladonia Open Squire Interviews

• Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
18 Sep 2013 13:26 - 20 Sep 2013 10:07 #1 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Kaladonia Open Squire Interviews was created by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Fellow Citizens of Travance,

In Kaladonia, squireship should be considered an honor and a great responsibility. As the lowest level of nobility, squires are expected to represent their land humbly and with utmost dignity, while at the same time working to earn the respect of those they may someday lead not through gifted authority or the weight of their title, but through their words and their actions. A title does not automatically grant respect, but helps one who has earned that respect to uphold their commands.

As many of you know, lords and ladies of Travance may each train up to two squires. Lord Erdrick Brightstar and I are both currently looking to fill our second squire positions within the lands of Kaladonia. Therefore, we have decided to host open interviews for potential candidates. Please be assured that these interviews are open to all seriously interested citizens and eligibility is not exclusive to those who have sworn vassalship to our lands. If you are vassaled to another land, we do request that you speak to your lord or lady prior to the formal interview about your intentions as a matter of mutual respect.

Informal preliminary interviews will be held during the day of this coming festival around 3 hours past noon at the Kaladonia Statehouse area, where we will be gathering names of potential candidates and speaking on the process. We will also be available throughout the day if events of the festival keep you from meeting at that time - please feel free to just approach either one of us, although we may send you to a scribe to be sure your information is recorded afterwards. Formal private interviews will be scheduled during the October Baronial Feast. Further, if you will not be present for the October Feast but wish to be considered, you may request your formal interview be held during the festival as time allows. If you will not be present at the festival, you may put yourself forward either by missive, or wait and simply present yourself during the open call in October, time to be determined.

While I cannot promise that we will be able to answer any written missives between now and the Festival due to time constraints, we will be happy to answer them during the day in person.

Thank you for your attention, and we look forward to speaking with those interested soon.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2013 10:07 by Elawyn (Elawyn). Reason: Timing Clarification
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Sep 2013 13:29 - 20 Sep 2013 10:06 #2 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Kaladonia Open Squire Interviews
An Additional Request:

I require a personal scribe for these above proceedings, and prefer it to be someone that will be present for both the Festival and for the October Feast. Requirements are that one is vassaled to Kaladonia already or is otherwise not vassalled to a land, very legible handwriting (sample may be requested), attention to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality, and the ability to remain in my company for however long you are required. You will be paid a fair wage (up for negotiation) and there is the potential to turn this into a more permanent position, as I could very much use a second set of eyes and hands to record things.

Please contact me privately if you are interested.

Guardian of Belladeen

---
Last edit: 20 Sep 2013 10:06 by Elawyn (Elawyn).
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Sep 2013 10:06 #3 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
I apologize, I have graciously been made aware of a mistake in my posting.

The formal squire interview will take place at the OCTOBER Baronial Feast, and the preliminary interviews tomorrow. I seem to have jumped over the month entirely in my mind. I have edited my posts above to reflect this. I am sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

This is precisely why I would be happy to pay someone to be my personal scribe.

Guardian of Belladeen

---
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Sep 2013 09:11 - 23 Sep 2013 09:12 #4 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Thank you those who had been present for the informal preliminary meeting, and those that have contacted me so far.

The Formal Squire Interviews will be held starting at 2 bells past noon the Saturday of the October Baronial Feast. Private interviews will be given on a first-come, first-served basis until all present have been accounted for.

We ask that you arrange it so that your Baronial paperwork and other responsibilities do not interfere with this time, as this is the best time we have found to host such things and when we know we will be able to make ourselves available. However, if you absolutely cannot make this time for a sound and excusable reason, please contact me privately and we will do our best to work something else out for you.

Should circumstances arise to interfere with this during the course of the weekend, a sign with new meeting times will be posted outside the Kaladonia Statehouse.

Guardian of Belladeen

---
Last edit: 23 Sep 2013 09:12 by Elawyn (Elawyn).
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Oct 2013 09:37 #5 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
This is just a reminder that these will be hosted tomorrow 2 bells past noon, and will continue until all interested have been seen. Thank you.

Guardian of Belladeen

---
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Oct 2013 11:15 #6 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Even in the midst of all that has happened this past Feast, I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who participated in our squire interviews this past moon. To those of you who assisted in observing, all of your important and helpful input was much appreciated. To the candidates, while we still have a final interview to make before our decisions can be made, please know that you each performed admirably, and our choice will not be an easy one. It was a pleasure to get to know each of you better.

Guardian of Belladeen

---
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.478 seconds