Seeking information on some form of strange creature

• Arza
  • Thank Yous: 10
16 Oct 2013 15:41 #1 by Arza (Calder Putnam)
Seeking information on some form of strange creature was created by Arza (Calder Putnam)
Last time I was in the proper, I was almost attacked in the inn by perhaps one of the strangest creatures I have ever seen. I heard someone say it was called an "Illithid", or something along those lines. While its appearance did certainly disturb me, my interest was also sparked. I wish to learn as much as I can about these creatures, and would greatly appreciate it if anyone who knows about these things would be able to find time next moon to teach me more about these.... things.

Captain Arza
White Lotus Trading Company
OOG: Calder Putnam
16 Oct 2013 16:34 #2 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Seeking information on some form of strange creature
Describe the appearance of this creature. The name is familiar.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
  • Arza
  • Thank Yous: 10
16 Oct 2013 17:27 #3 by Arza (Calder Putnam)
Replied by Arza (Calder Putnam) on topic Seeking information on some form of strange creature
It had tendrils of some sort coming out of it's face. Or what I assume was a face... Aside from that, it looked relatively humanoid
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
16 Oct 2013 17:54 #4 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Seeking information on some form of strange creature
from what i have been told an illithid is a creature with an octupus like face however it has great psionic abilities. I am not that knowlledgable on the topic so I would say if anyone else says different then assume they are right. I am just giving you a basic overview of what I have heard so far.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
16 Oct 2013 19:30 #5 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Seeking information on some form of strange creature
Those of you who have no first hand experience should refrain from muddying the waters.

Arza - seek me the next time you are in Travance and I will educate you a bit.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
16 Oct 2013 20:28 #6 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic Seeking information on some form of strange creature
Speaking from experience from my time in the Underdark, these are dangerous creatures that you better have a strong will if you ever face one again. It doesn't end well for anyone involved otherwise. It is rare to see one out of the gloom of the Underdark so I hope your interest is merely intellectual. To put it bluntly--there are very few things I have ever seen make dark elf warriors run in fear and an Illithid is one of them.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.477 seconds