Die an honest citizen.

• Alex
  • Kingslayer
  • Thank Yous: 206
20 Nov 2013 19:00 #1 by Alex (Wormwood)
Die an honest citizen. was created by Alex (Wormwood)
Travance is not a place of orderly lines and clean consciences. It is not a land of obedience and convention. For as long as this place has existed, it has been a magnet for the violent, the dissident, and the defiant. Many who found nothing but scorn and rejection in common society have found a home worth dying for on this, the unclean side of the rift. For the whole of this barony's history, it has been the unstated promise of freedom to craft a life as you see fit that has made its people willing to defend it no matter the cost. We stand tall not because of a single code, law, or ruler. We still stand because of who we are as a people, and I think it's time we admit to ourselves just who that is. When even kings are forced to confront the truth that it is strength, skill, and courage that will save us, not restrictions and social classes, it is high time we spoke true to our own brothers and sisters. If monarchs can swallow their pride then we, too, can abandon our petty hangups and admit to being the killers we are. Let the fires engulfing the world bring illumination to this truth, and may you join me in dying an honest man.

I am Orias Wormwood. I have asked every god to bless the slaughter I've rained down on my enemies, and have experienced firsthand the truth that killing is killing, and its sweetness is not dependent upon whose name you do it in. If forgiveness is for the weak, and it is, I may be called murderer, anti-paladin, raper, and pillager. I have slain paladins of both orders, and trapped the souls of andorrans in a bottle for my own benefit. I have called True Warlocks brother, and granted Knighthood to servants of Agaurra for being even greater servants of Travance. I have slain nobles on the field of battle, and in the quiet of their sleep. I have carried the bodies of Travance's mightiest foes to dank crypts, for use as weapons of undeath. I have been called "Ser", "Lord", and "monster". Whichever title history remembers me by, let it be said the only one I valued was "Travancian".

come Xualla. come fire. come battle. come an end.

-WW

OOG: Alex B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Kleidin (Kleidin), Narcis (ChrisR), Croínamara (Jen), Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen), Fortier (Greysect), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Avalyn Ode (krazyaznxinluv), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
20 Nov 2013 21:12 #2 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic Die an honest citizen.
[The following is scribbled below the original post and is unsigned]

Even those who are vile will speak the truth sometimes.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
20 Nov 2013 21:37 #3 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Die an honest citizen.
Coming to Travance years ago deep down I saw myself as a bad person for how I left my home. But truly I felt bad about how I didn't care. I may be a known as a horrible person in some places and nice guy in others. But as long as I have a blade in hand I'll still be carving a name for myself for my own reasons.

Signed
A Z

(OOG this post does not have any other signature than what is shown)

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
21 Nov 2013 13:01 #4 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Die an honest citizen.
It's funny that even though there are people who agree with you, yet they refuse to sign their names. Even in a dire time they refuse to acknowledge themselves embracing your honesty.

However, may each of us earn the death we deserve before it falls us.

-Ava.

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
21 Nov 2013 14:59 #5 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Die an honest citizen.
I don't think I will be remembered as a smart man, but neither too will it be said I lived with fear in my heart.
Come Xualla, come Balfurous, so I may drive my blade in your hearts or die trying.

Orophin Eärƒalas

[hr]
-Tim P
21 Nov 2013 16:00 #6 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Die an honest citizen.
I have nothing to hide, and if I did, I doubt that I'd need to share now. We aren't dying. Say that we are and we're one more step to making that reality. That's not Travance.

-Clytie

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
21 Nov 2013 16:24 #7 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Die an honest citizen.
All things considered; Travance excels at arranging meetings with the gods, of that I will not deny. When I returned to Faust over a year ago, I was amazed how much weight the title of "Travancian" held.
May these demons on our borders know what they are getting themselves into, and what countless foes have learned in their last moments.

That being said, if anyone can kill more demons that Wormwood, then I will pay for all of their drinks for a month.

Signed,
Father Elric Ashby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
21 Nov 2013 17:19 #8 by Avalyn Ode (krazyaznxinluv)
Replied by Avalyn Ode (krazyaznxinluv) on topic Die an honest citizen.
Hm, an interesting thought, of whether hope is but a delusion and that in fact, we fight for what we only see in our minds as a 'perfect world' of peace. Whether I die, or whether we all may die, let it be known that chaos and disorder are but left to what was assumed as a 'right'.

Avalyn Ode

"Ode? I don't owed you anything! RIGHT? HAHA." - Blade

"Miss Ode, you're one for mind shooting and what not. Would you by chance be interested in a Magic Trick contest?" - Goggins
----
OOG: Jamie J
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
21 Nov 2013 18:11 - 21 Nov 2013 18:12 #9 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Die an honest citizen.
Ava you said was your name right? I don't know much about you but I have made my own signature. Don't disrespect me my disregarding my name.

Signed
A Z

(OOG there is no signature other than the one above.)

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
Last edit: 21 Nov 2013 18:12 by Chesta (Kevin). Reason: mistake
  • Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
21 Nov 2013 18:13 #10 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
Replied by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms) on topic Die an honest citizen.
Even though there are some who may not be my allies at this point for the trophies I've taken, I'm sure none of you will have an issue with me adding a few demon heads to my grand collection. Let these beasts know exactly who they're dealing with. Take many trophies my fellow warriors.

-Jack Dimms

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Renji Shintaro (digitaldpad)
  • Dimetri Yhatzi
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Si khohaimo may pachivalo sar o chachimo
  • Thank Yous: 127
22 Nov 2013 04:04 #11 by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart)
Replied by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart) on topic Die an honest citizen.
Orias...for once I agree with thee. Fight the fight, die if that is your lot.
May the road always be open to travel on if we get through this hell.

Dimetri Yhatzi
Viceroy of Ostcliff
Druid of the Conclave.
Master Merchant and Locksmith, The Purple Thistle
Mashkar le gadjende leski shib si le Romeski zor

Damian VanHart - OOG
Marshal

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune--they're all just ways of claiming your success without claiming your failures."
  • Rudolf
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 140
22 Nov 2013 13:30 #12 by Rudolf (Rudolf)
Replied by Rudolf (Rudolf) on topic Die an honest citizen.
Bolton,

Her name was Julie and not all of us have forgotten.

Sincerely,

Lord Rudolf Von Kreutzdorf of Ostcliff
Golden Rose Trading Company
OOG - Larry Wile (Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Augustus (OEBlaze), Sindarion (Steven SA)
  • Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
22 Nov 2013 16:05 #13 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Replied by Bat Cooper (Cassius23) on topic Die an honest citizen.
I never thought I would see the day that Orias Wormwood would surrender to Xualla. Make no mistake, that is what your words mean at the end of the day.

You seem to think that the only way Xualla can win is through force of arms. If he beats us more than we beat him. That if we somehow survive and drive him back, we will have won the day.

I'm afraid that is not true. We can crush him on the field of battle, route his demons, and send him back such that he cannot return and yet he can still win. If we give up on law, on order, on what makes us human and good then he will have won just as surely as if he conquered us all.

I have the greatest faith that we will win the day and Xualla will pay for his crimes against the world. But once he falls we must not give ourselves over to the chaos that he represents or he will be victorious even as we defeat him.

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
22 Nov 2013 16:25 #14 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Die an honest citizen.
We are at the brink of total destruction. The entire world is endangered by the burning hatred of Xualla. I do not accept this fate. No one should. The power we collectively hold is far too great to wane away against the waves of the abyss crashing on our shores. We all hold strength in our own, but rallied together, our force is unmatched, rallied again under the banner of our King alongside the lands and baronies he holds we are even stronger. A whole world united against the crushing destructive force of the Chaos invading our home.

We hold in our grasp the power to change the world. We hold in our grasp the power to change everything. It is time we make this change. On this day we enter a war against one front; the Chaos armies of the Abyss. On this front we must fight as one, protect each other and ensure the life of all of Arawyn and every other plane of existence in this universe.

These demons will take from you your homes and loved ones. Nothing will be left. There is no holding back. Fight to save your world. Fight to save your kingdom. Fight to save your homes and families. Fight to save yourself.

We must set aside quarrels and hatreds. There is no room for such. To hate the man who stands beside you defending his home is to wish for the Chaos to run you through.

There is one thing to say to those you hate and the enemies you hold at this moment.
I will kill you one day, but today is not that day. Today we fight together to stop those who would see our conflict ended before it is resolved.

Today, reconcile your differences. Today, prepare yourselves. The end is coming and we must be ready to greet it with sword and fist.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix), Pappy (Quan), Nicoletta (fyperia), Sindarion (Steven SA)
22 Nov 2013 21:07 #15 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Die an honest citizen.
For any that I have hurt, offended, caused harm I am truly sorry and today I pledge to fight next to anyone of you against the demon Xualla.
To day I will put aside long time hatred of some citizens for what they are so that we can deal with this innovation.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
22 Nov 2013 22:58 #16 by Darson Vett (Darson Vett)
Replied by Darson Vett (Darson Vett) on topic Die an honest citizen.
Dear Town,

Discord has served me in the past, now the future is here and the blood taken in the past is meaningless.

We will face this together with strength using all of our powers to combat the end, we must endure to gain this empire of dirt that is our home. Just remember those that use powers of evil, we all face our end and you will reveal yours no matter the outcome. That's always the way of those in good standing and the zealots of righteousness. Discord will serve the good in the end as always.

Best Regards
Darson Vett, Hand with many eyes where eyes should not be... Happy Nightmares Xualla

Darson Vett
Invester in the Bloody Stump
oog mike v
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
25 Nov 2013 01:08 #17 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Die an honest citizen.
Any enemy of Xualla is a friend of mine!

...Also, what better way to sow friendships than by joining together against a common enemy? It's amazing what you can learn about a person you maybe didn't like just by working together.

Whoo-hoo, down with Xualla! And I think a party will be in order once he's bounced out of Travance, no?

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
25 Nov 2013 11:31 #18 by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy)
Replied by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy) on topic Die an honest citizen.
I'm not certain about this "changing the world" talk, since the world will probably the same after his invasion as it was before, but since I've already chosen to oppose him I might as well endorse my own position so best of luck to those whom fight ill be counting on you

Alexander Wilhelm Silvers IV,
Silvers-Family Heir
Vassal to Dregamire

OOC: Greg Henschel
25 Nov 2013 12:08 #19 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Die an honest citizen.
I hesitated to add my words here, I am trying to weight declarations as less worthy than actions. My change in attitude was brought on by one Orias Wormwood after a conversation we had. He challenged my faith and intentions, for that I must thank him. I would return that favor for any of thee, I challenge thee to lay down thine differences and unite against a common foe. We all will fight this foe, regardless of whether we stand together or not.

Many look to rely only on themselves, perhaps adding those they trust to that. Many here on this missive ask for unity among those who live in the Proper. This does not go far enough and amounts to declarations rather than actions. Unless we surrender completely to the idea that we are all one, that there is no division between us, all these calls for unity are merely words on parchment, of no meaning. The words must still be said, there is power in them. But, without a common faith in those around thee, the emptiness in them is all too apparent.

I am new to Travance, that in itself, I feel, sets me apart from the rest of thee. My mettle not tested, my story yet untold. But, I am not just me. I represent more than just myself. Imperfectly though I may, I represent my God. Many in Travance have turned their eyes from the Heavens, suggesting that there are no Gods, or that they have no meaning to them. This again is division, for those that worship and serve those Gods are among thee as well. To forsake the Gods is to sunder thine tie to the Clergy that fight alongside thee. I do nay expect thine attitude towards my religion to negate our bonds of friendship, nor affect thine strength of desire to help me personally, as my will to aid thee remains unchanged. However, some of thee who dishonor the Gods by word or deed, dishonor me and those who serve with me. That dishonor remains between us.

I will never ask thee to change thine religion, or lack thereof. I respect the spiritual choices one makes in this life. I would that some of thee had a closer tie to the Gods, but that is between thineself and them, not for me to judge. Any who wish guidance, may ask. Any who desire to come into the Faith, need only open thine heart. The Clergy will be happy to welcome another to come to the knowledge of our faith, as it is through this path one walks towards Unity, by our actions, not declarations, will we be judged.

By the will of Valos, I walk the path. With joy I accept any who wish to walk with me.

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
27 Nov 2013 00:43 #20 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic Die an honest citizen.
You know, I've never really been one to make speeches, but I'll give it a shot.

So get your weapons ready, folks.
Make sure you've got your scrolls in hand and incantations on your lips.
Pray to a god, or pray to the land.
Keep a needle and thread at hand, people, 'cause people are gonna need to get stitched back together.
And to my fellow wild mages, let's show them that this plane ain't big enough for both us and them.

Travance, let's get ready to kick some tail.

P.S. Oh, uh, also remember to get some sleep. Sleep's important in times of war. A sleepless army is one already defeated and all that.

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
28 Nov 2013 22:20 - 28 Nov 2013 22:22 #21 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic Die an honest citizen.
To those I've murdered,
Christopher,
Steven,
Joseph,
And those whose names I did not know,

I am truly sorry.

I hope Galladel judges you more favorably than he will me.

Augustus

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
Last edit: 28 Nov 2013 22:22 by Augustus (OEBlaze). Reason: image didn't link right, removed it.
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.656 seconds