Highlands: Assistance Requested

02 Dec 2013 13:38 #1 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Highlands: Assistance Requested was created by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
As transcribed from the words of Duncan MacKenzie Captain of the Black Watch by the hand of Pvt. Birgitta Drexel of the Baronial Guard

To Those of Travance with no lands to call their own we beseech you hear this cry for help.

The passionate words of Duncan are below:

During the storm that was the coming of Xualla, the people of the Highlands held on because of their strength, their courage and their love of their lands. Like so many others they held a belief that Travance, those heroes in the past who were known for beating what is believed to be unbeatable, would rise yet again and defeat this blight upon all of world.

They believed in Travance. They believed in the People of Travance to defeat Xualla for not only Travance but for them as well.

This is what Birgitta Drexel and I heard as we walked among them.

They held on because the Black Watch believed. They continued to fight because they had Faith. Faith in you, faith in the Baroness, faith in our winning the day so that they may live to see another sunrise, another sunset…

And now with this victory… comes the task rebuilding...

I, as a Captain in the Highlands Black Watch, come before you all with a request for those of the land I hold dear to my heart.

I am formally requesting Aid for those of my homeland. I know those of other lands will be helping to rebuild them but for those who have no family no lands no place I ask you to come with me to my homeland where you will be welcomed as the heroes you are and perhaps find a home.

There is a need for skilled labor of all kinds and we know there will be hidden pockets of Demons to be slayed and a special need to find a certain Caravan that stole the Pegasus and almost clipped its wings before it could fly to the world’s aid.

There is also a special need a need for Keepers of Peace for there will be those who seek ill of those unable to fend for themselves.

You, the people of Travance were their inspiration to keep fighting so come to their lands where they will welcome you with open arms, empty arms but with a promise of family for those who have none.

I intend on leaving within a fortnight for the Highlands and I welcome the company of any who would travel this way to help for the task is great. Perhaps those who go may chose to call my beloved Highlands home as well.

( Please note Duncan can not respond in writing at this time. I am translating and using this to teach him words and Basic Literacy. Speak to him privately unless you don't mind me being aware of your messages. Ptv. B Drexel)

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
02 Dec 2013 15:15 #2 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Highlands: Assistance Requested
I will see what services me and my house can lend to this reconstruction efforts. We are a wide variety of merchants, adventurers, and skilled combatants. As the dust clears I will see what I can guarantee.

With Fortitude and Prudence,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
02 Dec 2013 16:44 #3 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Highlands: Assistance Requested
Commodore you words have been read. He wishes to express his thanks and anything or anyone you can spare will be greatly appreciated.

Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
02 Dec 2013 17:54 #4 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Highlands: Assistance Requested
I can help you with the problems in the highlands, as long as I can figure out a way to get there. You have my support in this endeavor Duncan.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
02 Dec 2013 18:49 #5 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Highlands: Assistance Requested
I don't know how much I could help, but I'll do what I can. I'm not sure how much these people are accustomed to, well, fae-kin I suppose; I hope it won't be a hindrance.

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
02 Dec 2013 19:21 #6 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
We both know the way to reach the highlands. And may I Birgitta suggest that the Fae Kin may become a sign of differences in the new world. There is no time like the present state to open and foster good relations as we have seen in Travances History. Establishment of relationships in hard times often last into the good.

Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
03 Dec 2013 10:58 #7 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic Highlands: Assistance Requested
I wish I could come along, but I'm afraid we've our own mission to undertake. However I can provide you with some healing salves for the trip.
-Thalia

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
03 Dec 2013 12:57 #8 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
We will take whatever you can spare but please remember others here may need them too.

Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Seámus Aeislin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!
  • Thank Yous: 30
03 Dec 2013 13:22 #9 by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin)
Replied by Seámus Aeislin (Seámus_Aeislin) on topic Highlands: Assistance Requested
Birgitta and Duncan,

You both know that I am pledged to this cause, body and soul. I had intended to leave earlier, but had to stop by my Kaladonian brogue to make sure it and my wife still stood.

That said, I will be leaving within a week with a contingent of Dwarves and Northerners. We will be making a loop to clean up the Abyssal garbage that has taken root in the Highlands. I have promised them that I will march alongside them to reclaim Calisvorn and the North, so I will be gone for some time after. Any who wish to accompany me, I gladly welcome the aid. Otherwise I implore you to aid Duncan with his excursion.

Duncan, I look forward to seeing you when you reach the Highlands. All goes well, I'll be meeting you with a spare pint in hand.

Glaine ár gcroí! Neart ár ngéag! Beart de réir ár mbriathar!

IG:
Main - Sir Seámus Aeislin of the Clan MacInnes

Alt - Boryev Solvei, Baro of the Solvei Kampania
#bigtomdidnuffinwrong
OOG - Shane Johnson
Monster Marshal
03 Dec 2013 14:11 #10 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Seamus from Duncan my promise to them still stands. If you find that Carnival/Caravan Master is still in operation I want him alive. And we will see you when we see you.

And from me. If you see any of the Black Watch esp. Commander MacPherson let him know we are on our way. And I hope you can find something to raise that pint...if not there then back in Travance when we all return safely we will have to sit down and compare notes.

Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Gwynedd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 17
04 Dec 2013 12:55 #11 by Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
Replied by Gwynedd (Gwynedd) on topic Highlands: Assistance Requested
I have some clothing, food and shoes that you can take as well as some tools. Just stop by the store.

In Light, Love and Peace,

Gwynedd
OOG: Suzi Shaffer

What do you need of me?
  • Biron Uidhir
  • A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his armor truly tested.
  • Thank Yous: 5
04 Dec 2013 13:43 #12 by Biron Uidhir (Eddie Colon)
Replied by Biron Uidhir (Eddie Colon) on topic Highlands: Assistance Requested
I will do whatever I can to help. I suppose now would be an appropriate time to return to my home. I will depart tomorrow at dawn. As for anyone who wishes to accompany me, my caravan has room for 3 more. My destination is to the far North of the highlands

-Captain Biron DeBarac

-Biron Uidhir

Champion of The Silver Dragon, Vaewyn.

04 Dec 2013 14:37 #13 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Highlands: Assistance Requested
I'll find your caravan Biron.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
04 Dec 2013 14:43 #14 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
As I just mentioned in the other notes please let me know how your endeavors go. I think the continued rebuilding may well depend on what is found where and what conditions are encountered.

Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
05 Dec 2013 06:48 #15 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic Highlands: Assistance Requested
I will be joinin' ye on rebuildin' our home. Hopefully there are still some McKraegars left to help rebuild. Ye need any supplies before the trip I will procure them assuming people still accept gold.

William McKinley McKraegar

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
05 Dec 2013 10:54 #16 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Supplies will be welcomed both for travel and for rebuilding materials. Thank you William. I certInly hope you find family too.

Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
05 Dec 2013 11:01 #17 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Re:Highlands: Assistance Requested
I'll send some furs for the winter. Just tell me where

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
05 Dec 2013 11:07 #18 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Bring or send them to the solstice fest we will be there. I will have the dog.

Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
05 Dec 2013 15:08 #19 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Highlands: Assistance Requested
Birgitta, my friend,

I have seen and heard the sentiments around Travance, many from resident Celts. Their attitudes and calls to arms have me fearing for my life. I'm afraid of the sentiments of their home, if they delve into a further extreme that would result in my death and a push against all those who accompany us. Because of this, I'm afraid that I must withdraw my offer to follow and aid. I will provide what little I can to help the Highlands, but I don't wish to march to my death. Not yet.

With all due respect and apologies,
-Clytie Corentin

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
05 Dec 2013 15:20 #20 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Clytie I completely understand your reasoning. It's going to be hard and harsh all over the world for a long time. I urge you to be careful but do not close off to those who would welcome you. One must be brave but not foolish in tough times. It's a hard balance. B. Drexel.

Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
06 Dec 2013 16:00 #21 by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn)
Replied by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn) on topic Highlands: Assistance Requested
I will be donating a large number of arms, armor, and other tools of war to the Highlands to aid in the recovery efforts in hopes of improving relationships between some of your kin and the New Church of Agaura. Any man willing to fight and die for his home as hard and valorously as those who are True to the Celtic traditions deserve the best. You truly are brave warriors and admirable to any God within the Domain of War. May you use these implements to slaughter those who would oppress you, threaten your homes and families, and otherwise prevent you from living the lives that you see fit.

With Respect and Reverence,

Father Razael Seiryn

OOG: Daniel Osmun
06 Dec 2013 16:29 #22 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Razael please bring what you will to the Dec 21st Solstice event. I will have the Collie with me so look for her. Thank you for your assistance.

Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.677 seconds