Stand up for what is right

04 Dec 2013 14:39 - 05 Dec 2013 11:06 #31 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Stand up for what is right
Clytie for me this has been a debate. I hold no anger toward any of the participants.

Doc. Good luck in your own trip. Please let me know how it went when you catch me around the Proper. I think reports back into Travance are going to be critical for continued rebuilding.

B. Drexel

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
Last edit: 05 Dec 2013 11:06 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta). Reason: Sig requested
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint)
  • Muzen
  • Thank Yous: 13
04 Dec 2013 15:15 #32 by Muzen (Yoshimatsu)
Replied by Muzen (Yoshimatsu) on topic Stand up for what is right
Evil is a word used by the ignorant and those found wanting. The darkness is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual.If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the world, you will only weaken yourself and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards. If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles. And when they triumph, they will be even stronger for the victory.

Yoshimatsu Ikaeda
Sellsword
"our fortunes are unknown,our failures are known"

oog:Chris S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR)
04 Dec 2013 18:58 #33 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic Stand up for what is right
When I was first brought to this community it was to be a theological adviser to Lord Na on behalf of Fearghol. At that time I was qualified. After all I have seen in the past year I am supremely qualified. That being said I have so many qualified buzzing opinions in my mind right now I will attempt to compile it in a list.
1) I agree with everything Razael and Goggins have said at this point. Their opinions have been articulate and logical. I share their opinions to the letter. Tolerance and cooperation is needed in this dark hour. We've lost so much and the battle is not yet over. Let us take the shattered steel of our civilization and reforge it in a furnace of unity.
2) The Gods themselves have demanded balance, and the king has declared we respect this wish. Be you loyal to the Gods or loyal to the crown you can hopefully appreciate the gravity of this decision.
3) Billiam, when presenting an argument where you are being called a conflict seeking sociopath perhaps resorting to racial slurs isn't the best response. You claim you do what is right regardless of popular opinion-- seemingly admirable-- you seek to create strife no matter the atmosphere of peace that surrounds you. You'd bring to heel any who'd offend your delicate tolerance. I would say you would make a fine Agguaran, but that would be a bitter unfair insult to an undeserving, often misunderstood faith.
4) I have more to say but Eva is preventing me from putting quill to paper for anything more then what I have already said, for fear of offending any more sensitive sensibilities of the community. I'd like to say-- I put my reputation at risk like this because I fear for the future of our community, my home, and my family. I'd hope some of you (Billiam) could appreciate this conviction.

With Vigilance and Prudence,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Krom Silverfang (Krom Silverfang)
  • Nicoletta
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 442
04 Dec 2013 22:20 #34 by Nicoletta (fyperia)
Replied by Nicoletta (fyperia) on topic Stand up for what is right
It would be wise to realise that blatant disregard of the King's law is considered treason.

OOG: Zelda Turqman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim P (OrganicGolem), Belegchand (mcalo), Laura (Laura)
  • Artimus
  • Thank Yous: 10
04 Dec 2013 22:22 #35 by Artimus (Artimus)
Replied by Artimus (Artimus) on topic Stand up for what is right
Many moons ago there was a time when dark clergy were tolerated and allowed to walk in the open. It seemed to be a peaceful, if uneasy, coexistence. There was a tension in the air but no one raised arms against each other. It remained so for a while and all seemed to be well. And then the baron of Travance was murdered. This murder served no political purpose, solved no crisis of state, and did not act as a means to an end. It was a wonton and craven act of evil done for the sake of doing it.

And how do I know all this? For I was once among the dark and wicked. I was there and plotted, conspired and corrupted every chance I had for the simple fact that to do so was an act of faith. We constantly committed acts of evil far from the view of the light just because we could. The gods of darkness demand it in order to call forth their powers and we gladly obliged.

So to all those who want to play this game of moral relevance and debate what is "good" and what is "evil" go ahead. It is exactly the position the darkness want you to take. We of the Church of the Light however will not be sitting idly by. We will watch, we will be vigilant and we will expose them for what they are.

In service to the Light that is Valos

'Without the struggle there can be no glory'

Father Artimus Ja'had
Chapel Master of Alisandria
Servant to the light that is Valos
OOG Chris K
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Templar Aldric (Selrik)
04 Dec 2013 23:44 #36 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic Re:Stand up for what is right
For those who wish to share the light we hold a mass for the light every feast and festival. If you are unavailable at the time we hold the large mass, please speak with a cleric or priest and many of us will be happy to hold a smaller mass. All you need to do is ask.

My dear brother Billliam, please join us for mass. Many roads call you, but you need to listen carefully.

May the Gods be With Us Always,

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
05 Dec 2013 00:05 #37 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic Re:Stand up for what is right
If ye want call doing what is right treason, so be it. If ye dinnae agree with me fine, when I come hunting stay out of my way. I will purge this Darkness and suffer for my crimes when I am finished.

Ye cannae be nuetral and worship the dark gods. Augauran challenge me to honor combat and lets see if yer wicked god will protect ye from Galladel's judgement

BONA NA CROIN,
-William Freeman
Doin' the right thing or die trying
I will be headin' to the Highlands shortly, Dark Practicioners ye got till the January feast.

"Slightly Sane Billliamm"

ooc: gene stern
05 Dec 2013 02:22 - 05 Dec 2013 08:37 #38 by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn)
Replied by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn) on topic Re:Stand up for what is right
Killing you would only give you what you want, Billium. I will not jeopardize balance and the existence of my church on petty provocations. I find it fitting to allow the Light Church to deal with you and your open treason against King and Country. I have spent years worshiping under pain of death while serving this Barony and playing my part in its preservation and protection of its citizenry. You however, risk throwing it into an all out war for the sake of your own personal ego and prejudices. You truly are a fine Agauran Traditionalist, Billium.

I am glad that my mere existence can bring you to a level of suffering that you'd throw your life away going against the laws of your land. So I push you further. I decline your honor combat. I will come to you unarmed. I will come to you in public. I will strike no blow and if you still wish to strike me down, then do it. I will play the part of an Andorran, and you will play the part of an Agauran, and that will be your baptism. Take my blood on your hands and bathe in it Billium. Show the world the darkness inside you and let it envelop you while you hang for treason and murder.

Signed and Apologetic for the Oversight,

Razael Seiryn

OOG: Daniel Osmun
Last edit: 05 Dec 2013 08:37 by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn).
05 Dec 2013 06:26 #39 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Replied by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm) on topic Re:Stand up for what is right
This clearly just states ye are an honorless dog and have no reason to speak to me. I only assumed as a north man ye conducted yerself with honor and as an Auguaran ye cannae turn down a fight. If ye will nae face honorably then live a shameful cowards life. Also I have no idea who ye are since ye dinnae sign yer posts.

Bona Na Croin
-William Freeman

• Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
05 Dec 2013 07:26 - 05 Dec 2013 07:32 #40 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Re:Stand up for what is right
In accordance with the laws of Travance, would a Noble or Guardsman please remove any unsigned messages on this board? Or if those of you that put messages here unsigned wish to leave your words public, please sign them.

In service to the Light,
Templar Rayven Nightwing

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
Last edit: 05 Dec 2013 07:32 by Matt D (MattD).
05 Dec 2013 08:36 - 05 Dec 2013 08:37 #41 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
So I pose this question when the King allows Necromancy and Black Sorcery you are just going fold over and allow it, nae me. Sometimes orders are wrong. A great man once said,"If the Crown, the Gods, and all of Erawyn tell you something wrong is something right then you must plant yourself like an oak beside the river of truth and tell the whole world, no you're wrong"

Bona Na Croin
-William Freeman

Last edit: 05 Dec 2013 08:37 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm).
05 Dec 2013 08:58 #42 by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn)
Silly Billium, I'm not backing away from the fight. I'm simply not foolish enough to fight by your terms. If you want to fight me bad enough, you will come to me. Since you seem to be a little slow, let me break this down for you simply.

If you attempt to kill me, you will be executed and exiled under King's Law.
You are powerless in the changing of times.
You are a cowardly weak individual who talks big but will fold in the end.
If you aren't a coward, I will make myself known and available to you.
In a fair fight, you are a much more seasoned warrior than I: Good thing I don't fight fair.
You have no hope, You have no allies, and those who you thought were friends will be coming out in droves.

In short, please attend Dark Mass next moon. You are welcome to attend as an honored guest. There will be refreshments.

Not Afraid and Waiting,

Razael Seiryn

PS) With any luck I'll be staying in the room above the Chef's Cabin next Baronial Feast (Don't be surprised if I trap the door).

05 Dec 2013 09:55 #43 by Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton)
Replied by Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton) on topic Re:Stand up for what is right
Boy, did your father not beat you enough as a child? Did your mother fail to hug you? Was there a lack of companionship in your early years? A wagon had to have run over no fewer than twelve of your puppies, else how do you justify your attention seeking misery?

Child, do you need to bathe with a woman? Is the problem that none would have you? Sufficient liquor and a clean shirt may be of aid. Travancian girls are particularly kind, and are often involved in many charitable works.

Are you, perhaps, a eunuch? Was your manhood crushed by that same villainous wagon that so heartlessly slaughtered your puppies? I hear that there are many comforting prosthetics one could obtain to fill out that unfortunate gap in your breeches. You could even paint them festive colors for the Holy Days.

Or do you despair at life? I understand it is difficult to muster the courage to harm oneself. True cowards often require the assistance of others in their mortal gambit. If you wander into the Temple of Valos, I am certain they could counsel you. It is an unfortunate occurrence that the evil wheeled monstrosity of yore took your genitals. The Inquisitors have determined, through much trial and error, that the quickest way to a man’s soul is through heated metal applied firmly to the crotch. Your redemption may take weeks without balls to channel the healing through your body.

You refused my brother’s challenge. Accept mine. Accept my donkey’s. At least then you will be slain by your equal.

YH&OS

Cyric McKraegar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
05 Dec 2013 10:06 #44 by SlightlySaneBillliamm (SlightlySaneBillliamm)
Razeal let me break it down fer ye because apparently ye dinnae command an understandin' O how t'ings work in the world, ye ain't got nuthin' twix yer nether region, and as such me fightin' ye would be unfair. I propose ye fight my wee brother he could beat ye into the dirt in an honorable and fair fight, oh wait ye never fight fair cause ye are a whiny little bairn. I am honorable would nae attack a sleepin' man, that is a despicable act someone such as yourself would do. I like how ye will hide behind the law to protect yer slimy skin. Ye should grow a pair and I realised I still have no idea who ye are, ye insignificant shit heel. Yer father would be ashamed atleast he died with conviction and honor, unlike your fate.

Bona Na Croin
-William Freeman

The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton)
05 Dec 2013 11:04 - 05 Dec 2013 11:07 #45 by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn)
Billiam, how did it feel to pull a physician reanimating his dying brother off of his family and force him to go use his skills to save someone else. You killed an Ostcliff noble didn't you? I'm surprised you weren't hanged for it. I was there with the people crying tears of anger and outrage. I was there listening to 'Good Folk' of the town saying how much they wanted you dead. I was there with them; because I can assure you in all my days as a Priest of Agaura I have never once done something so heinous or foul as to pull a doctor off his dying brother through sheer forces of Intimidation. I wouldn't be surprised if someone used this as an excuse to enact vengeance for your hideous crime and tried to hide it behind the guise of an assassination for your talking out against the church.

I challenge every person who reads this message to investigate these details. I challenge you all to educate yourselves on the sociopath that is Billium. He would rather throw a tantrum and attempt to justify murder through terms such as honor than to take accountability for his own moral short comings.

I have never once murdered or tortured a towns member. Billiam has. Digest this fact.

Never did a single one of you have an issue with how I conducted business, fighting beside me, having me buy you a meal, nor have I been insulted until the day I stepped forward with a Raven pin on my shirt and said: "These are my roots, and these are my beliefs." In practice, I was never once insulted or criticized. In practice, I have never once been called a traitor to this town. Yet, you would weigh all of your observations based off the mistruth that a handful of clergy mislead their mass against Travance due to some personal agenda.

I will leave the insults be, for this will be my last record on this board on the subject:

To all those who worship darkness:

Do not fall into this trap. It will only take one assassination to ruin everything we have worked so hard to build in this place.
Think to yourself is a scumbag and hypocrite like Billium worth making into a Martyr?

Do not accept any challenges for Honor Combat against Individuals. I have been challenged four times simply for voicing my reverence of Agaura. Duels for Days solves nothing. Take the higher ground, let them suffer in their own inadequacies, let them corrupt themselves on vengeance and hatred, until they give into the chaos and circumvent the law, let them suffer their ultimate punishment, and fall on their own swords. No matter which god you serve, you pay homage to them all by saying no.

However, the moment that they overstep the law and fall into the territory of what we have been accused of so many times. They are fair game. Defend yourself. Use your prayers. Escape and find help and do whatever you wish in reverence of your god. I can assure you that any man who openly swings a blade at me will find no quarter. There will be no terms of engagement and even if I do not support the actions of those outside my personal congregation working against the town, I can assure you that the secret worshipers of darkness will not stand idle any longer.

Travance cannot afford this war. Travance needs to deal with people like Billium. I beseech the Church of Galadell to Excommunicate this man. His words are all over paper. I have made an argument of his corruption; I have made an argument of his unknowing reverence to Agaura and I am an expert in the subject. Do not suffer a man who seeks to burn the world down. Is this not any different than those who in their pain destroyed their own nation simply over a black sorceror queen?

Loyal to Travance in both Life and Death,

Father Razael Seiryn

Last edit: 05 Dec 2013 11:07 by Razael Seiryn (Razael Seiryn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim P (OrganicGolem), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
05 Dec 2013 11:17 #46 by Evangeline Sparrows (Bridget.gibson220)
Replied by Evangeline Sparrows (Bridget.gibson220) on topic Re:Stand up for what is right
Billiamm,

Allow me to begin by saying that I commend you for speaking your mind and being brave enough to stand alone for what you believe is right. Even though such opinion and call to action is treasonous. For that you have my respect and applause, however the digression of this conversation has taken a drastic turn. You started out by speaking your mind and offering opinion, but once someone challenged your opinion then wording of certain replies you offer insult. You must accept the fact that others and your king believe differently. So all the slander and childish name calling that has been the zest of this thread is futile. The suspension of the law will remain until such time as our king decides otherwise. It may be in your best interest to lay down the fight for no good may come of it.

With the best wishes to all involved,

Evangeline Sparrows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(OOG: Bridget Guice)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zathir (Clevatus), Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
05 Dec 2013 11:25 - 05 Dec 2013 11:26 #47 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic Re:Stand up for what is right
Know this,
Those that claim to worship the deities of darkness yet incite war against the light are to be put down. The king is but a mortal, and it is the will of All Mighty Malyc that guides my actions. If you allow the chaos of the abyss to spread by thinning out our numbers further, you are as diseased hand that needs amputating.
Our fight is against the demons now, not each other. If darkness attack the light I will slay them myself. I can only hope those devout in Valos do the same with their flock.
Members of the light, do something about this man. Least this peace last mere weeks and we all fall into oblivion. If the blood of one innocent worshiper of darkness is spilled when it could have been prevented we will have issues.
I know our jail cells are adequate to hold the fiercest ogres, certainly they can hold this man.

For the future of Travance,
In the name of Almighty Malyc,
-Eicks

[hr]
-Tim P
Last edit: 05 Dec 2013 11:26 by Tim P (OrganicGolem).
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
05 Dec 2013 11:36 - 05 Dec 2013 11:36 #48 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Re:Stand up for what is right
You who beg at the darkness. Chaos, Corruption, Pain, and Death.
You who crawl at their feet. Beg for prayer. Hope they hear you.
You who murder the meatbags that stand in the Light just because you can.
You who break laws for fun to show homage to someone that doesn't care.
You are worthless. We are watching.
You will make mistakes. We will see them. We will hear them.
You will ruin our home. We will find you. We will kill you.
We will send you to the blackness that hates you.
Do not upset us. Do not disappoint us.
Do not make us come for you.

KKTZ

(OOG: Not Aleister)

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 05 Dec 2013 11:36 by Aleister (Aleister).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim P (OrganicGolem)
05 Dec 2013 12:01 #49 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Re:Stand up for what is right
To William MacKaeger and those with his despicable mindset, What does being a hero mean? Does being a hero mean that you have to brutally "enforce" your beliefs upon the masses? Does it mean terrorizing those who worship gods that you disagree with? How are you a hero if you are willing to kill someone for having a god that you disagree with! A warrior and hero lives to protect and help the people of this world, not slaughter others for their ideologies! You disappoint me William. You claim that you are "standing up for what is right". How is it "right" to end the life of another member of the land you are sworn to, that you have promised to protect with your life! Is that what a warrior does? Strength is not physical prowess. It is the will and ability to do what is right for others, regardless of their beliefs. You are weak Billiam, for you are too devout to the clear corruption of a god that you worship! Read the tomes and holy books of your god, for you are truly missing the message.

And Razeal, while I support your ideals and your beliefs, I recommend not inciting people further. The last thing Travance wants is a war between its people.

To be a true hero in these trying times,

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
05 Dec 2013 12:02 #50 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Re:Stand up for what is right
To William MacKaeger and those with his despicable mindset, What does being a hero mean? Does being a hero mean that you have to brutally "enforce" your beliefs upon the masses? Does it mean terrorizing those who worship gods that you disagree with? How are you a hero if you are willing to kill someone for having a god that you disagree with! A warrior and hero lives to protect and help the people of this world, not slaughter others for their ideologies! You disappoint me William. You claim that you are "standing up for what is right". How is it "right" to end the life of another member of the land you are sworn to, that you have promised to protect with your life! Is that what a warrior does? Strength is not physical prowess. It is the will and ability to do what is right for others, regardless of their beliefs. You are weak Billiam, for you are too devout to the clear corruption of a god that you worship! Read the tomes and holy books of your god, for you are truly missing the message.

And Razeal, while I support your ideals and your beliefs, I recommend not inciting people further. The last thing Travance wants is a war between its people.

To be a true hero in these trying times,
Kanas Whisperwood

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
05 Dec 2013 12:15 #51 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Re:Stand up for what is right
*Handwriting is shaky and rushed*

Those who have merely dipped their noses to smell a corpse should not partake in matters with those who have gone head first into a body and reappear with blood covering their fur! Mind your tongue!

-KLK

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moirya (Moirya)
  • McDermitt
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Youve not even begun to taste my might!
  • Thank Yous: 30
05 Dec 2013 12:16 #52 by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
Replied by McDermitt (Matt Quagz) on topic Re:Stand up for what is right
I am ending this discussion. Unless a a lord or higher Nobel over rules me.
I do want to state however many of these letters have disgusted and sickened me.
None the less my duty is to the law and Travance.

Sir Slack McDermitt the Boar
Knight of Travance
Steward of Valdalis
Master of the Mages' Guild

oog-Matt Q
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Simon (BigZ), Nicoletta (fyperia), Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost), Laura (Laura)
05 Dec 2013 22:25 #53 by ColinMcKraegar (ColinMcKraegar)
Replied by ColinMcKraegar (ColinMcKraegar) on topic Re:Stand up for what is right
Razael, please.

Consider repentance. The alternative is less than desirable for you. Galladel has turned his back on you and your soul shall be forever damned to the howling void. I would know, I have been there twice.

Seek to repent or the darkness shall find itself destroyed in the light.

Sir Colin McKraegar
Knight of Kaladonia
Order of the White Fox

Colin

OOG: Frank Martinez
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
06 Dec 2013 02:04 #54 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Stand up for what is right
Although not currently of any religion, I stand opposed to initiating violence against anyone. If I could direct this message to everyone and not just Billiam, each one of us has darkness. We all think dark thoughts, but we choose not to act on those and turn them into dark deeds.

Nalick Underhill
Vassal of Ostcliff
Captain of the Red Rose

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Evangeline Sparrows (Bridget.gibson220)
  • Elric_Ashby
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • LORD OF POTATOES
  • Thank Yous: 113
06 Dec 2013 03:12 #55 by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby)
Replied by Elric_Ashby (Elric_Ashby) on topic Stand up for what is right
Gadje

It is upsetting when I, of all people, have to remind you that this conversation was ordered to end by a noble. Why do people continue to argue at this point?

Signed,
Dr. Solvei

P.S. I am not claiming to be a noble, but if someone with the authority to do so could take this mess down so that we can focus on more important tasks at hand, such as rebuilding, that would be wonderful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father Elric Ashby, Artificer, Priest of Galladel, Master of the Adventurer's guild, Warden of the Phokus.

Dr. Viktor Solvei, Pioneer Surgeon

OOG Benjamin Oakley, New Player Marshal... of doom
  • McDermitt
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
06 Dec 2013 22:02 - 06 Dec 2013 22:11 #56 by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
Replied by McDermitt (Matt Quagz) on topic Stand up for what is right
Have I failed to make myself clear?! Perhaps I need to make an example out of some people?!!
I am here issuing a warrant for the arrest of Jack Dimms.

Guards apprehend him. fine him. and toss him in the dungeon. A few days in there should give him time to reflect on my authority and whether I am joking when I close a discussion.

Knight of Travance
Steward of Valdalis

oog-Matt Q
Last edit: 06 Dec 2013 22:11 by McDermitt (Matt Quagz).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aselra Coalbeard (Aselra)
11 Dec 2013 17:27 #57 by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy)
Replied by Alexander Silvers (Silversupremacy) on topic Stand up for what is right
How quick we are to throw around our personal definitions of "good" and "evil" , "right" and "wrong" immediately forgetting said concepts are etirely qualitative. There is no finite definition you can use to quantify these terms and in so have no meaning beyond what you the individual gives them.

Thus I reccommend providing a precise definition of your morality before stating it is correct, without a finite value these terms are quite meaningless and are a poor choice to back up your points with. In addition it helps the rest of us mutilate the appropriate belief when its given finite value rather than butchering every comment that's made.......

Alexander Wilhelm Silvers IV,
Silvers-Family Heir
Vassal to Dregamire

OOC: Greg Henschel
  • McDermitt
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
11 Dec 2013 18:19 #58 by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
Replied by McDermitt (Matt Quagz) on topic Stand up for what is right
I am truly beside myself. Can one man be so simple?

I am here by issuing a warrant for the arrest of Lucics Knight.
Guards apprehend him. Triple his fine and toss him in the dungeon for a week.

I expect you to present yourself before me at the next feast.
Do not make me hunt you down!

Knight of Travance
Steward of Valdalis

oog-Matt Q
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR)
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
11 Dec 2013 18:23 - 11 Dec 2013 18:24 #59 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Stand up for what is right
(OOG - the text below has been hastily scribbled out)

[strike]Wotcher,

For what it's worth, Mister Knight: a qualitative measurement is not to be considered any less valid or useful than one that is quantitative. It's simply a question of context.

Were I to flip a coin, say. A qualitative measurement of the result would be either "heads" or "tails." Is it possible to provide a quantitative result in this case? Likely not - for what is the "heads-ness" of the outcome? The "tails-ness," perhaps? Both are meaningless, and in this situation, we see that we are far better equipped to describe our observations by categorizing them qualitatively.

I believe the ethical classification system used by the native Travancians belongs to a similar category of problems. While they have loose definitions for something that is "good" or "evil," these definitions are, by category, qualitative - it would be meaningless to extend them to a quantitative scale. For what, after all, is this scale? What is the standard to which their measurements are relative?

Very good Mister Knight. I've a few more thoughts on this, but for the sake of brevity, I'll leave it at that for now.

For Queen and Country,
[/strike]

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 11 Dec 2013 18:24 by Goggs (coryan).
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
11 Dec 2013 19:17 - 11 Dec 2013 20:21 #60 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic Stand up for what is right
Wotcher,

Mister McDermitt has requested that I write a public apology for the above note: To those who happened to read it, I am sincerely apologetic. My comments on the categorisation of observations were not intended to cause offence of any kind, and I humbly request that you find it in your person to forgive my words.

I can offer no explanation other than my own lack of understanding of the very systems of "good" and "evil" to which my comments pertained. Commentary on such abstract concepts as these is normally considered acceptable - moreover, is strongly encouraged - in my homelands, and in my eagerness to share the same, I overlooked the fact that prevailing opinions on the discussion of rational discourse may not map directly to those held by our sort.

I hope that you may be able to appreciate that adjusting to a new set of cultural conventions is a nontrivial exercise, and one that will seldom be free of discontinuities, however much one strives to avoid them. Thankyou for your continued understanding during this transitional period.

As a final addendum, I would ask that the courtesies of free speech and open discussion that have recently been extended to those locals who identify with the ethical classification of "Dark" be further extended to those of us who identify as "Rational" - or, as I believe it is referred to in the local dialect, "Neutral."

For Queen and Country,

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Last edit: 11 Dec 2013 20:21 by Goggs (coryan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits)
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.800 seconds