An offer of knowledge and a request!

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
07 Dec 2013 21:58 - 07 Dec 2013 22:00 #1 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
An offer of knowledge and a request! was created by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Hjolda my friends!

I have got it into my mind to offer some lessons on the men and women of the north to the Southlanders who are interested. If you would like to know some of our tales and words, respond here or with a letter to me privately and I will be glad to schedule some time to teach you the lore of the Northlands. I have many tales to tell, and will show you how to read some of the more common northland runes that you may see in the course of an average day in Travance.

I intend to do this at the upcoming winter festival, if there is interest, and I'll tell tales of some of the more exciting creatures of the north in addition to some of the other lore I will speak on. If anyone is interested I can also be convinced to teach a few other things as well, but that mostly will depend on how much ale you ply me with with.

I myself am also seeking lore on two things, and any loremasters or skalds who are willing to share some knowledge with me will be compensated for their time in knowledge, lessons, or other sorts of gifts from me.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
Last edit: 07 Dec 2013 22:00 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings).
07 Dec 2013 22:21 #2 by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby)
Replied by Verrill Lebastion (Wellby) on topic An offer of knowledge and a request!
While I will be busy with the reconstruction of the highlands during the winter festival I would happily exchange knowledge with you at your nearest convenience. I find your culture fascinating and would happily share any knowledge I have attained in my academic inquiries.

Your friend,

Magistrate of Travance
R. Tzaareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Verrill Lebastion,
House Elder of House Bastion
Xeno-theologist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOG: -Ben .H
Monster Marshal
07 Dec 2013 22:59 #3 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic An offer of knowledge and a request!
I've always found that time learning is time well spent, and what can I say, I'm a sucker for stories. I don't know if anything I know can be taught in return, what sorts of lore are you really focused on learning?

My thanks,
-Clytie Corentin

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Dec 2013 23:09 #4 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic An offer of knowledge and a request!
I'll explain in person, it isn't so much lore as the fate of a particular being, and the nature of something that I have come into contact with, I suspect it will require someone with access to a great many books.

Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

Land system Marshal
08 Dec 2013 00:28 #5 by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie)
Replied by Chris McKenzie (cgmckenzie) on topic An offer of knowledge and a request!
**not Ben Daimler**

I am most curious as to where you get those exciting wrappings and shawls! All you people have them, it is as if a sea of soft fashion lives north of Gaaldron and nobody has bothered to tell poor Grobspit!

-Grobspit Snaggletooth G.D.S.

OOG: Chris
IG: Benjamin Daimler
IG: Grobspit Snaggletooth G.D.S
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Dec 2013 01:31 #6 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic An offer of knowledge and a request!
It will be my pleasure to explain this to you when we meet again, Grobspit. If you would like I will gladly lend you my fur if you fancy it.

Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

Land system Marshal
08 Dec 2013 01:32 #7 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic An offer of knowledge and a request!
I'm always interested in a good tale. Especially one that includes details as the ones you're offering.

Thank you for the opportunity!
-Thalia

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
13 Dec 2013 05:05 #8 by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH)
Replied by Charani Yhatzi (MaliHH) on topic An offer of knowledge and a request!
Grimkjell,
I would love to hear your tales. I am currently attempting to figure out travel to the winter festival, and if I can make it, I will seek you out there. Alternatively, if I cannot make it, I will be at the January feast.
In addition, I myself am a fairly learned scholar, and am quite happy to share knowledge in return.

~Charani Yhatzi

OOG: Sharone Horowit-Hendler
kitchen staff
13 Dec 2013 15:35 #9 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic An offer of knowledge and a request!
I would love yo hear your story and cultural tales. I will ply you with the company of a very nice warm canine along with me for the day.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Dec 2013 01:01 #10 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
This sounds wonderful. Let me know if there's anything else you wish to learn in addition to my stories, I know that dragoons can learn some of the same tricks Ulfhednar like myself know.

Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

Land system Marshal
14 Dec 2013 16:06 #11 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic An offer of knowledge and a request!
I'd love to add to my abilities in many means. Always open to teach as well. We should talk at Festival. I look forward to the company.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Dec 2013 07:26 #12 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Given the scheduled events of the feast of Reclamation, I have decided to wait until the bonfire is lit to start my tales. I think it will lend them something enjoyable.

Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

Land system Marshal
Moderators: Damien (Damien)Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Time to create page: 0.546 seconds